Please find a better role for Ahsoka =(

I love Ahsoka. Her character has such a rich story and she's truly one of my favorites from all of Star Wars lore.

It's really poopy that she has no real role identity in this game and she's so, so, so slow. She doesn't do enough damage to warrant her low hp, she doesn't heal enough / as efficiently as one would need for her to be considered a healer, she doesn't have a leader ability that really clicks and it's really hard to find a spot for her on any high end strategy.

If I had to pick any one character in this game at the current moment that disappoints me the most, it's her.

<3Ahsoka<3

Replies

• Dark
    199 posts Member
    Mace Windu and Plo Koon need some love too.
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Plo Koon is closer to being useful, I actually don't hate him. His problem is he just isn't the best at what he does in any category. With a little tweaking he might actually be pretty good.

But yeah, Koon is a bfd and pretty underwhelming in the game atm.

And many people have discussed the problems with Mace a lot more than I ever could.

I just don't really... care... ? about Mace or Plo, haha. Ahsoka is different.

• Isn't she supposed to be one of the fastest? I find it puzzling that she is a slow hero in this game.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Same goes with Ventress. She's supposed to be an extremely fast attacker. Anyhow...

Ahsoka certainly doesn't shine the brightest in PVP arena style. But her passive skill gives her a good amount of HP and paired with a character that can buff crit percentages, her special attack is essentially a bonus heal. Three times in a row now I've finished GW all twelve battles with the same team without losing a single toon. I run a full purple gear 7* lv60 team so I get pretty tough matchups. Ahsoka is in that team. So she definitely has her uses.
  • Ahsoka is great. She leads my Nightsister/Jedi team. I don't see any problem with her at all.

I think Mace Windu is the most underdeveloped hero in the game. When I rarely face him in Arena it's like facing 5 V 4.

One thing I will add though is that I think every hero should get one or more new abilities, either at a higher level or from the start. This would make the game so much more fun.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    I wish we could choose not to level certain abilities. Meaning all abilities start at 0 other than a basic attack. I would like to not pick the AOE for certain hero's, and just let them use the rest of their skills :P
  • I wish we could choose not to level certain abilities

Er, well, just don't level them? All abilities are independent of each other, it's not like not leveling one stops you from leveling another. Just ignore those icons you don't need, it's not like you are forced to use them, too.

I speak from experience: I don't level some abilities. It is entirely possible. You don't need any changes in game not to do this.
  • To the OP, I'm not having any problems with Ahsoka. She is a bit slow but not too bad and at higher stars/gear she does pretty well.

If you level her unique, her HP is more than sufficient and her damage does well to heal herself and the group on chance.

Have you been having any other issues?
  • ventsel wrote: »
    I wish we could choose not to level certain abilities

Er, well, just don't level them? All abilities are independent of each other, it's not like not leveling one stops you from leveling another. Just ignore those icons you don't need, it's not like you are forced to use them, too.

I speak from experience: I don't level some abilities. It is entirely possible. You don't need any changes in game not to do this.

I think he means that they aren't unlocked. So for example Asajj has an AOE ability that doesn't work well unless coupled with the buffs she gets and also finishing off enemies. The AI uses the AOE first time every time. This shouldn't be how it is used as its just stoopid.

Couple that with counter attackers and Kylo for example and it's almost suicidal using it first.
  • Run her with a Qui Jon lead and her speed is pretty good. ;)
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Run her with a Qui Jon lead and her speed is pretty good. ;)

Ahsoka is great. She leads my Nightsister/Jedi team. I don't see any problem with her at all.

Both of these.

Her Daring padawan unique also fixes her low health pool. Overall her damage is fine, it got buffed along with Ventress.

She does hold some utility when geared / starred and has levelled up abilities :)
  • Ashoka and Mace should be better!! Mace beat Sid in movie 3 but yet he is crap! Ashoka speed doesn't do her justice as everyone evades her attacks and offers little else.. Balance Is key BUT we need hitters characters that shine!!! don't need to Nerf players just add to others to give them key roles in a team/ added value
  • Ashoka is pretty good really, maybe abit more speed or health. She is probably the highest hitting Jedi maybe besides luminara.
    Plo koon and mace need work more so plo he is useless
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    @Mace As far as I know, attack evasion is not tied to the speed of the attacking toon?

I think Ahsoka is perfect just the way she is. Self healing and her unique means she's never the first to fall. Not even once. She can feel a little limited sometimes as she has no buff or debuff skills, but if you are only looking for a consistent and durable attacker, look no further.
  • I have no problem with her, just wish I didnt need Poe so bad so I can get her all starred up. She is better than any other LS attacker I have at the moment, save for Lumi who is god tier. And ive been having decent luck at her hard nodes so far.
  • Asoka luminara and Luke are good light side attackers
    Then there leia and qgj but they're hard to get
  • Rey is another light side attacker, and Finn hits pretty darn hard as well despite being a tank.

As for the topic, I'd love for Ahsoka to get a bit more hp and speed. It would go a decent way in making her more viable in the arena, and with the way things are going slow characters will basically never be viable there without a truly top tier kit to make up for it.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Maybe not all characters are meant for PVP? If they make a few more challenging PVE levels there may be a role for everybody.

In a fight where ask your toons would have a non removable DOT for three battles, Ahsoka would be great.

• Mace wrote: »
    Ashoka and Mace should be better!! Mace beat Sid in movie 3 but yet he is crap! Ashoka speed doesn't do her justice as everyone evades her attacks and offers little else.. Balance Is key BUT we need hitters characters that shine!!! don't need to Nerf players just add to others to give them key roles in a team/ added value

Sidius is a manipulator and it can be argued he set up that whole scenario for Anakin. He picked the time to reveal himself knowing full well the ramifications and potential outcomes. I wouldn't say he was beaten until he was dead. That being said mace needs to be more impactful.

I like the idea behind Asoka. When she evades she gets faster. Maybe increase her evasion?
  • I love how everyone is like "Ahsoka is great the way she is!" and yet NO ONE uses Ahsoka on any team on my ladder at all, EVER. Zero representation. And the one or two times a month I see an Ahsoka, she does nothing in the match and I make a frowny face.
  • her evasion needs to be more reliable then on teammate death for her to gain turn meter.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Well... She may not be the best for PvP. But that doesn't mean she's not useful. The game is bigger than the PvP aspect.
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    I love how everyone is like "Ahsoka is great the way she is!" and yet NO ONE uses Ahsoka on any team on my ladder at all, EVER. Zero representation. And the one or two times a month I see an Ahsoka, she does nothing in the match and I make a frowny face.

75% of the available heroes aren't used by 90% of all players. That isn't a problem with Ahsoka, that's a problem with the meta.
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Tbh I agree with op. She was so agile and was kickin so much bum by the time she got to season 5 of tcw. Probably one of the most acrobatic jedis ever. Could probably take down Grievous by now. Protector of jedi younglings. Remained resilient even when the jedi order was against her. (Thanks jedi order...smh). Survived order 66 like a boss. Kicked 2 sith inquisitors bumbum. And would probably do all of that all over again with her eyes closed.

Don't be telling me that this game isnt about lore b$ cause if they could buff sidious tf up "based on lore", then I don't see why they can't do the same with the other characters.
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    I love Ahsoka. Her character has such a rich story and she's truly one of my favorites from all of Star Wars lore.

It's really poopy that she has no real role identity in this game and she's so, so, so slow. She doesn't do enough damage to warrant her low hp, she doesn't heal enough / as efficiently as one would need for her to be considered a healer, she doesn't have a leader ability that really clicks and it's really hard to find a spot for her on any high end strategy.

If I had to pick any one character in this game at the current moment that disappoints me the most, it's her.

<3Ahsoka<3

Same I have her g7 but I abandoned her bc she dies too fast
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Is this now an Ahsoka fanboying thread? Because I'd be totally ok with this.

latest?cb=20130827154231
  • Eh I use Ahsoka and Aayla on my PvP team.
    Of course my primary choice is to pick characters I like more than characters to win.
    Still I rank consistently around the 70s to 100s.

They are both sturdy attackers who, if you can weather the initial barrage, will then begin to slowly chip into the opponent in a very reliable manner.

There are a lot of complaints that Ahsoka lacks Speed. But it seems she's more designed towards Agility, which comes out as evasion and accuracy of hits.

So, know your Ahsoka and she'll be a really reliable hitter.
  • Mace
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Bump for Ahsoka!!! She needs some love.. Nae i was using her in the arena until everyone leveled better players, than I had to drop her. Even tho she was 7* and full geared
  • Poor Ahsoka, outclassed by some jabroni pilot and a big bug.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • The way I see Ahsoka is they gave her a plus hp ability... then gave her so few her hp it barely comes out ahead. Then made her slow as molasses just cause screw her. She attacks as third as often as fotp(including his extras) has the same hp with her ability maxed, and deals less damage than fotp Normal hit damage on a crit. This being said she's in my team and I top 10 constantly. But that's only because I'm on a weak sauce server.

Every match against a current meta team usually her and/or assaj die without taking a turn.