Attaining (Trying to) Kylo Ren is a JOKE!!!

13Next

Replies

• shimmy wrote: »
    The drop rates are indeed a joke. You can pretty much pencil me for a 33% drop rate on shards in the hard light/dark battles. I've seen 3 out of 6 drop a couple times and lately a few times of 1 out of 6. If I only have 1 hard battle for that character's shards then it's either 1 or 0 shards.

For the Cantina drops, the 33% seems about right or maybe 25% which means what, 11 fights of the 10 energy kind (like for Ren) if your energy is maxed so 2-4 shards out of 80 or needing to do that a billion times.

It's obvious the drop rates are set up to get one to keep dropping crystals at an absurd rate or show some patience and wait it out which then means by the time they get the character, it probably won't matter much.

Well, its obvious the drop rate is set up to get people to buy the data cards and try their luck that way and it is set up to favour the big whales who waste hundreds of dollars on a simplistic mobile app..

The joys of f2p apps...nothing wrong with designing something to urge spending or giving a leg up to those who do pay (clearly if you pay you should get some type of benefit from it) but these types of apps always seem to be ridiculously unbalanced with that.

Do you think you could keep up with people that spend thousands if the crystal requirements were lowered? No you couldn't. That's one of the few things stopping it from truly being P2W.
  • @DamianHoward

You're definitely doing something wrong.

Firstly, you aren't completing all of your Dailies if you're only level 51.

Secondly Cantina 2B is level 37 enemies. What possible reason could there be that you aren't beating enemies 14 levels below you?

If you've got some time could you take a screen shot of your characters so we can see if you've missed something.

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just trying to help you out :smile:

Here is a screenshot of my character list. I do and complete Daily Activities, every day. Well, before midnight, so they're done and I don't miss any. The screenshot is below:

I do Daily Activities, every day.. And all in good time, too. So they're done and dusted before midnight the following day, before it resets. So that way, I make sure I don't miss out on any rewards. But here are some screenshots of my characters (images are shown below):
    TWkBXXg.jpg

tIT6XiE.jpg

YZjYxgQ.jpg
  • @DamianHoward

Secondly Cantina 2B is level 37 enemies. What possible reason could there be that you aren't beating enemies 14 levels below you?

If you've got some time could you take a screen shot of your characters so we can see if you've missed something.

Here is a screenshot of my character list. I do and complete Daily Activities, every day. Well, before midnight, so they're done and I don't miss any. The screenshot is below:

I do Daily Activities, every day.. And all in good time, too. So they're done and dusted before midnight the following day, before it resets. So that way, I make sure I don't miss out on any rewards. But here are some screenshots of my characters (images are shown below):
    TWkBXXg.jpg

tIT6XiE.jpg

YZjYxgQ.jpg

Your problem is you aren't increasing your gear levels. They are levels 3, 4 and 5? You should have them all to at least gear level 5 by now, if not higher.

Your top 5 should all be at your maximum level for a start, this is the simplest rule to leveling heroes.

You need to stop leveling all except your FUTURE top ten. This means you level and gear only the heroes who you will be using ten levels from now. I see you're farming Sidious and Phasma for example, so you should only level 3 other Dark side heroes so that you don't waste your energy. Rey will take ages, so level your best five light too. But don't level them too high as you should mainly be focusing on your top 5.

Are you using crystals to refresh Cantina and regular energy or are you wasting it on chromium, because that's the only way I could possibly see you being only level 51 if you completed all of your Dailies.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • @DamianHoward

TWkBXXg.jpg

tIT6XiE.jpg

YZjYxgQ.jpg

Your problem is you aren't increasing your gear levels. They are levels 3, 4 and 5? You should have them all to at least gear level 5 by now, if not higher.

Your top 5 should all be at your maximum level for a start, this is the simplest rule to leveling heroes.

You need to stop leveling all except your FUTURE top ten. This means you level and gear only the heroes who you will be using ten levels from now. I see you're farming Sidious and Phasma for example, so you should only level 3 other Dark side heroes so that you don't waste your energy. Rey will take ages, so level your best five light too. But don't level them too high as you should mainly be focusing on your top 5.

Are you using crystals to refresh Cantina and regular energy or are you wasting it on chromium, because that's the only way I could possibly see you being only level 51 if you completed all of your Dailies.

Yeah, when I get any crystals (Currently on 308), I mostly use them on Chromium Data Cards.
  • @DamianHoward

TWkBXXg.jpg

tIT6XiE.jpg

YZjYxgQ.jpg

Yeah, when I get any crystals (Currently on 308), I mostly use them on Chromium Data Cards.

So you're saying there's all these problems with the game and how it's so unfair, yet you have absolutely no idea what you're doing. Before you start trying to give advice to the devs how about you actually play it properly first. You're doing literally everything wrong.

EVERYTHING!

If you play the game in a stoopid way then you aren't going to get the results you want.

Read the tips on this forum. Read the Beginner's guide for ****'s sake because you don't even know the basic premise of how this game should be played to maximize your returns.

Good luck.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • You're doing literally everything wrong.

EVERYTHING!

If you play the game in a stoopid way then you aren't going to get the results you want.

hahaha summed up my thoughts exactly

still call **** on doing all dailies since launch and not being 60 yet
  • Vallik wrote: »
    You're doing literally everything wrong.

EVERYTHING!

Well, if you want proof that I'm not level 60 yet, I'll show you.. I'm only now just approaching level 53.
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Vallik wrote: »
    You're doing literally everything wrong.

EVERYTHING!

Well, if you want proof that I'm not level 60 yet, I'll show you.. I'm only now just approaching level 53.

He doesn't doubt that you aren't 60, he's saying that the reason why is due to your own stoopidity and he's right.
    Spending your crystals on chromiuns, instead of refreshing energy....
    I started playing days after release and I've been 60 for weeks now.
  • Ok,

So I've been playing this game for a while now (Only since it's official release, as the BETA wasn't available to me), and it is quite a fun, addictive game.. But my god, there's so much "unfair" game-play involved, along with the "unconvincing" reward system. But my biggest gripes with this game, for one thing, is the way the 'Squad Arena Battles' are chosen. You don't stand a chance against 95% of the opponents team.. And don't give me that garbage about "levelling up your characters".
    The 2nd thing is that when you SIM a battle, if there's a character shard in the rewards for that battle, you're not even guaranteed to get that character shard. Then, there's the limitation of only being able to do them 3 times a day. So you could be trying to get shards for Rey, for example.. And SIM (or even play) all 3 opportunities you have, to get her shards and you could end up going through the 3 allowed chances without a single shard. Now, THAT.. Is unacceptable.

To make it worse, with some characters you have to get 80 shards to unlock them. 50 shards is bad enough, but 80.. is just plain ludicrous! Attaining a top character should be no more than having to acquire 50 shards.

Which then brings me onto the Cantina Battles and the recently released "The Force Awakens" content (which I'll come to momentarily). Now, since I've been playing from the game's official release, I've only managed to get to the 2nd Tier/Page of Cantina Battles and only just started the 2nd Battle in that Tier (which I can't seem to get past, yet). The Cantina Battles are far too difficult for their current level. Jesus ****! If Tier 1 and Tier 2 are as hard as they currently are.. Then I'd hate to think what sort of difficulty the battles would be when attempting Tier 3 and Tier 4 battles.

Which, finally brings me onto the farming or attaining of The Force Awakens characters (Kylo Ren, in particular). Yes! I DO want that character, but as you can already tell.. I'm nowhere near attaining his shards, unless I pay out an absurd amount of money to EA, for crystals to buy Chromium Data Packs (Something which I REFUSE to do). Obviously, The Force Awakens did have a pack in the game, around the time of the movie, that was priced as £79.99 (UK) (That in itself was an absolute abomination of money spending). Who, in their right mind would shell out that amount of money on a mobile device app?! You'd have to be plain stupid or rolling in money to even consider doing that. Again, EA's greedy revenue and profit tactics are at large, here (clearly becoming a "Pay-to-Win" game).
    Now, I log in every day and have done since the game's release and I complete all the Daily Activities and I've managed to acquire a total of 7/80 Kylo Ren shards. I'm Player Level 51, currently. How in the holy hell am I, or anyone else (particularly of a lower level than me) supposed to acquire Kylo Ren or Finn, without spending money on the game?! Maybe, if you could purchase the characters, outright, for a small fee (Yes, EA.. I mean a small fee). Something ranging from £2.99 to £3.99/£4.99 per character (depending on their rarity and star level), then that would maybe encourage NEW growth or playability into the game. If you're a player and you've been lucky (or stupid enough, should I say) to acquire Kylo Ren and the Force Awakens characters by either buying the TFA Pack, that's no longer available.. Then good for you and this probably doesn't apply to you. My point is, that acquiring characters, such as Kylo Ren, Finn. etc. should be made far easier and be made far more attainable. Because otherwise, this game becomes very much a cash-grab or VERY time-consuming, at the very least.

If anyone from EA reads this, I hope you will take my comments and my gripes with the game, on-board and hopefully do something to rectify this.. Although, I already know it will fall on deaf ears.

Thank you!

You're probably one of those people writing a review that's like "p2w" game is so unfair....um I only spent 5$ on a sub and I place top 5 daily. It's fair just play the game better focus on certain chars
  • Bill
    53 posts Member
    This post totally agrees with what I've been saying about how money wins in this game. Total money pit.