Better Communication of updates and upcoming events

Serya
334 posts Member
edited July 2016
First of all the weekly Friday updates have been great, and are much appreciated. They give everyone an idea of what is being worked on and what is coming in the future.

I would like to see this expanded though. After the debacle with the Mods release I think it would been best for the community to have been given notification on what was coming weeks a head of time. If we had seen how powerful mods were we could of voiced concerns before the release and changes could have been made then and not after the fact.

Going a long with the release of mods was the drop rate issue. If the drop rates on mods were going to be 100% for a limited time which I would have been in support of to get things kicked off, you should have let the player base know this. Now you have a Precrafting 2.0 on your hands and people are not going to let it go.

I think a few things that would help the community in the future would be:
  1. Dynamic post of all known bugs that are being worked on.
  2. Release information about new content ahead of time (weeks if possible). This game is a long grind and if farming priorities need to be changed let the players know as far in advance as possible.
  3. Respond more to player posts on the forums. Not the totally negative posts but the constructive ones were people voice concern (like this one). Jesse does this at times but I think overall it would be good to have more responses to posts on the forums. It lets us know you are reading them!
  4. Announce Events as far in advance as you can. That double rewards Cantina event was great but I had just burned all my energy and refreshed 15 minutes before it started....
  5. Ideally notifications could be made in game, this way everyone see's it and you don't have to check the forums constantly. More detailed information can be given in the forums but at least a heads up could be given in game.

Just a few thoughts on how to improve communication. This is a great game and I want it to have a strong player base for years to come!

Replies

• Serya
    334 posts Member
    This lack of communication since 7/15 was the exact reason for my initial feed back here. It's 7/21 and still no communication.
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Communication Communication Communication

I really want this game to last for years to come but you are shooting yourself in the foot with a lack of communication. People have been complaining about this since the game came out. There are so many questions out there that keep getting repeated over and over again on the forums but we get no response.

What is the future of tournaments?
    Are there plans for more empire characters to balance out the rebels?
    When are the characters we paid $100 to unlock in the rouge one pack going to actually be added to the game so we can finish them?

You don't need to respond to every post but at least bringing back the weekly update would help greatly.

These periods of no communication are a slap in the face to those of us who have been supporting this game for over a year.
  • I would also like more comunication. There is a huge team working on this why can't we have a weekly update at the verry least. It can be small or a challange or smth worthless - in terms of power - just something to do...you know... i guess the new pvp might do it but untill then...
  • Hansololol wrote: »
    I would also like more comunication. There is a huge team working on this why can't we have a weekly update at the verry least. It can be small or a challange or smth worthless - in terms of power - just something to do...you know... i guess the new pvp might do it but untill then...

I'm no programmer, but would it be too much to ask for 1 bug fix a week?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).