(possible) BEST F2P formation to solo Raid T7 P1 - pics inside

Prev1
fberbert
593 posts Member
edited July 2016
I just soloed phase 1 in the FIRST TRY and the Captain hadn't one single turn. I will share my formation and the mods necessaries. It is a public and not a innovation formation, but I didn't see people sharing those tips after the last mods update.

Teebo (lead), QGJ, Fives, EE and Ewok Scout.
  • Teebo: potency mods
  • QGJ: speed mods + 1 primary potency stat mod
  • Fives: potency mods (do not improve his speed). He will keep Captain under speed down.
  • EE: speed mods (as QGJ, you want him as fast as possible)
  • Scout: potency mods + 1 primary speed stat mod (+30 speed)

Notes about potency: before the update, no char with less than 60% potency could apply any kind of debuff or TM removal. Now 30% potency is fine. You will get resisted half of time with 30%, but you will proc. I recommend 45% potency or more to guarantee a good run. With 70% potency or more you will basically land TM removal in 9 of 10 tries.

YOU DON'T NEED MK5 MODS. You can farm potency mods at stage 7 of mods battles. Even a MK1 mod is fine. The difference will be the quality of stats, but the potency bonus will be the same. Captain won't attack you, there is no need of higher health or protection to solo the phase.

oMfF06J.jpg
fAaFCnw.jpg
4pWK8eH.jpg
TUyTNVH.jpg
Q7CtuIj.jpg
jsbZLAF.jpg
Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me

Replies

• Options
    EE and Ewok Scout are rare for FTP.

I was able to solo with this team:

Teebo
    ST Han
    QGJ
    Phasma
    Rey

• Options
    Just an FYI - There are probably several combos that can solo it now days. The main key is Teebo with over 70% potency and having someone who can apply speed down reliably. I run Teebo, EE, Phasma, QGJ and Rey. Rey lets me finish p1 about 15 min faster than not having Rey.
  • Options
    Do people still care about soloing p1?
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    Just an FYI - There are probably several combos that can solo it now days. The main key is Teebo with over 70% potency and having someone who can apply speed down reliably. I run Teebo, EE, Phasma, QGJ and Rey. Rey lets me finish p1 about 15 min faster than not having Rey.

I agreed. But the question is: solo allowing zero turns to Captain. To achieve this I think Scout is kind of mandatory.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options

I agree.... there has to be a million combos that can solo this phase and doing it quickly is the key. With the OP mods it took like 6 or 7 minutes.... anything to speed up the boring process is better imo.

OP - Thanks for sharing, that truly is amazing to solo it without him getting a turn, first time I've seen that anywhere, congrats! Does the squad do ANYTHING in P2?

My CP has 85% potency and is still resisted a ton against the rancor; teebo at 72% gets resisted about 50% of the time....
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I'm more impressed by the mk 5 speed/potency mods than the p1 solo. What teams did you use to clear those mod challenges?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    fberbert wrote: »

I agreed. But the question is: solo allowing zero turns to Captain. To achieve this I think Scout is kind of mandatory.

Ahh gotcha. I'm slowly getting Dengar built up from guild shipments. I'd imagine he could allow for 0 turns as well.
  • Dgreaser
    218 posts Member
    Options
    F2p and you put the scout in? It woukd take like 6 months to 7 star him unless you buy shards for him every time he pops up in shipments. but then he's not ftp is he?
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    I'm more impressed by the mk 5 speed/potency mods than the p1 solo. What teams did you use to clear those mod challenges?

Ha. I was thinking the same thing. That's a hell of an Empire team.

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    The toons are no longer the problem. It's the mods now. You have your guys potency up pretty high which required those specific slots to come with the extra potency. The horrendous RNG on mods makes this a mile-high task. It's not even something you can directly work towards like with character shards. You could get lucky and roll the mod and stat you need on your first try or blow 10k energy and still get nothing.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    Dgreaser wrote: »
    F2p and you put the scout in? It woukd take like 6 months to 7 star him unless you buy shards for him every time he pops up in shipments. but then he's not ftp is he?

Rey, RG and EE are equal hard to farm and mostly of F2P players have at least 2 of those 3, right? How should I classify a free to farm character? Chormium or Aurodium exclusive?
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options

To speed you have only 5 resistance characters, so it is answered. To potency I cleared with Vader (L), Veers, RG, Snowtrooper and Magma. But again, you don't need mk5 mods to have the same result at p1. Even mk1 mods will do the job.
  • Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I just soloed phase 1 in the FIRST TRY and the Captain hadn't one single turn. I will share my formation and the mods necessaries. It is a public and not a innovation formation, but I didn't see people sharing those tips after the last mods update.

• Fives: potency mods (do not improve his speed). He will keep Captain under speed down.

Notes about potency: before the update, no char with less than 60% potency could apply any kind of debuff or TM removal. Now 30% potency is fine. You will get resisted half of time with 30%, but you will proc. I recommend 45% potency or more to guarantee a good run. With 70% potency or more you will basically land TM removal in 9 of 10 tries.

YOU DON'T NEED MK5 MODS. You can farm potency mods at stage 7 of mods battles. Even a MK1 mod is fine. The difference will be the quality of stats, but the potency bonus will be the same. Captain won't attack you, there is no need of higher health or protection to solo the phase.

oMfF06J.jpg
    fAaFCnw.jpg
    4pWK8eH.jpg
    TUyTNVH.jpg
    Q7CtuIj.jpg
    jsbZLAF.jpg

Excellent post, very helpful. I have all the mentioned toons and am just using 1 and 2 dot mods, but I think it could be doable.
    What do you think about replacing Fives with Chief Chirpa (with Speed Mods)? I'd love to be able to go full on Ewok :)
  • Szecsa
    104 posts Member
    Options
    How much % did you damage on P2 after this P1?
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    How is your Snowtrooper? Curious how he is at higher levels/stars.
  • Motoko
    92 posts Member
    Options

It's not. Not at all. Neither is 5555s.

It was well established long ago that teebo, QGJ, phasma, ee and scout/GS/chirpa were optimal.

Now with odd instead of rng dependent, you can solo p1 based on gear and mods alone.

• fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    Szecsa wrote: »

1.2 million at P2.
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    Rizn wrote: »
    How is your Snowtrooper? Curious how he is at higher levels/stars.

Garbage, as all the Empire troopers.
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    Gwonk wrote: »
    Excellent post, very helpful. I have all the mentioned toons and am just using 1 and 2 dot mods, but I think it could be doable.
    What do you think about replacing Fives with Chief Chirpa (with Speed Mods)? I'd love to be able to go full on Ewok :)

I don't think someone can do it (zero turns) without permanent speed down on Captain. But I will try later this week.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

To speed you have only 5 resistance characters, so it is answered. To potency I cleared with Vader (L), Veers, RG, Snowtrooper and Magma. But again, you don't need mk5 mods to have the same result at p1. Even mk1 mods will do the job.

What were their gear levels and what mods did you equip on them to beat the tier 3 challenge?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    Motoko wrote: »

It's not. Not at all. Neither is 5555s.

It was well established long ago that teebo, QGJ, phasma, ee and scout/GS/chirpa were optimal.

Now with odd instead of rng dependent, you can solo p1 based on gear and mods alone.

I didn't see anybody soloing with zero turns from Captain with those optimal formations yet. I would like to see any post about it to complement this one.
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options

What were their gear levels and what mods did you equip on them to beat the tier 3 challenge?

I speed up Vader with mods and increased health and protection to the others (to keep them alive). Tarkin as leader should work well, but I didn't upgrade mine yet.
  • Obs0lete
    382 posts Member
    Options

I speed up Vader with mods and increased health and protection to the others (to keep them alive). Tarkin as leader should work well, but I didn't upgrade mine yet.

All purple gear I suppose?
  • Options
    please stop making post about Soloing P1 they will nerf Potency again ;)
  • Szecsa
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Szecsa wrote: »

1.2 million at P2.

Thank you. How much potency need to be increased to finish P2 after P1? Increase to 80%+?
  • Options

Oh, is that all? I've got Teebo ... 1/5 isn't bad, right? QGJ I'm working on, but the other three not so much.
  • Options

oMfF06J.jpg
    fAaFCnw.jpg
    4pWK8eH.jpg
    TUyTNVH.jpg
    Q7CtuIj.jpg
    jsbZLAF.jpg

Great post Berbert!
    Thanks a bunch!

Very helpful!
  • Szecsa
    104 posts Member
    Options

oMfF06J.jpg
    fAaFCnw.jpg
    4pWK8eH.jpg
    TUyTNVH.jpg
    Q7CtuIj.jpg
    jsbZLAF.jpg

Can you show the secondary's stats of these mods? It will be also useful.
  • Options
    Fábio, vc não imagina como seus posts estão ajudando a mim e aos meus amigos de guilda! PParabéns! Parabéns!!!! Continue criando mais tópicos com suas experiências, e não dê valor ao que os gringos postam tentando minar seu conhecimento. Continue assim cara! Vida longa a vc, ao seu clã e ao jogo!
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    Fábio, vc não imagina como seus posts estão ajudando a mim e aos meus amigos de guilda! PParabéns! Parabéns!!!! Continue criando mais tópicos com suas experiências, e não dê valor ao que os gringos postam tentando minar seu conhecimento. Continue assim cara! Vida longa a vc, ao seu clã e ao jogo!

Thank you. Qual é sua guilda?