Chromium pulls

So I just pulled a 4* maul from a chromium pack and I was just wondering if at max level game play a 4* would have any use. I'm a ftp player and just used some saved up crystals to buy one pack to see if I could get a Rey. Now the problem is I won't be investing tons of money into getting more packs so a character like maul (ptp) only probably will just sit on the side lines right? Or is 4* a viable level for a character like maul vs Jedi teams

Replies

• Yes, 4* Maul will be a great help to your team! He's a strong toon.

Most importantly, if you gear and level him up, he will help you get through the daily GW challenge.

Second, he can help you focus on your other 4 characters for PVP arena battles, since 4* is "passable" even at later stages of the game. Eventually, you will want to substitute him out, but Maul will help you win arena shards early on so that you are further ahead by the time you reach max rank.

I was in a similar position and used 4* Tarkin in my PVP squad for a very long time.
  • He is a go to guy if you can use him against Jedi. Quick to die though.
  • so he's going to have to be more of a B team player if I stick to the FtP game style?
  • Cecton
    234 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Pretty much any character you get that is pack only will be on your B team if you are FtP in the long run. That is why if you are strictly FTP you shouldn't use crystals on packs. I spent $30 on packs and only got 2 full characters. Luckily one was Kylo.
  • Agree 100% with Cecton. I have only bought a couple of packs and don't want to spend a fortune on this (or any) game. I was lucky enough to pull a 4* Lando who has helped me immensely in GW (and in Arena for a while).

Your 4* Maul will be very valuable to you through the mid game and, even if you sub him out when your other ftp toons get strong enough, you will have gotten great value from him during the time you use him. That was a great pull!

(but definitely play him with Poe. Maul is muy muy squishy).
  • I also pulled a Maul from a chromium and I can tell you he is useful, I don´t use him in my arena squad but I leveled and geared him up and he is very useful in GW and DS missions. His health is very low but he can hit pretty hard, specially against Jedis, use him with Sid as leader for higher damage.

• Smite
    259 posts Member
    It doesn't matter if any of the characters can hit hard or not.

What matters, and ONLY matters, are synergies that gives you the advantage against any opponent. Try to align your team sharing and supporting each other. No need for a buff when your team members are not benefiting from it! Anything else will lead into frustration or boredoom - sooner or later.
  • Yup, I bought a couple 8-packs and I regret it because nothing scaleable was gained. Learned my lesson and am not buying anything else. Stick to characters you can farm! Though a 4-star Maul is a good catch because he can clear jedi teams with ease :)
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    If you want to setup a real good teams you need to spend A LOT more.

The real fun starts with the toons that are only available from chromium packs! And don't buy one and expect to find the toon you want. There are around 70 toons available. And even if you got one already, it can be in found in the pack and converted to shards.

I was farming for a special toon and ended up with a couple of 7*s, including 7* Leia and additional 250 shards of no use.

I spend around $2.000 and got what I paid for - patience is not my virtue :-)