Should the Retreat option be Removed from Galactic War

Prev134
I believe that the retreat option should be removed from galactic war. I do not think that it is within the spirit of the game and that it is a form of cheating the game against its design. People who use this option have no real skill at the game and are receiving undeserved rewards as a result.

Do you agree? What do you think?

P.S. I'm lvl 60 - never used retreat option and I am still to get my first completion. I will not cheat the game

Replies

• I don't understand. How is it a cheat when the retreat function is built into it?
  • Attempting to do GW without retreat would be almost impossible. You have to beat 60 characters, and most people don't have more than 10 leveled characters. They put the retreat option in the game to make GW possible. It isn't cheating to use it.
  • You yourself are actually a fine example of why the retreat function is there! You didn't use it once and you never completed GW...
  • Wifi
    36 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    You haven't even completed it once and you want them to remove it? Wow LOL. I completed it once in the low lvl 50s without retreat because I didn't know it was an option but didn't complete it again till 60 (with retreat). Even with retreat it becomes difficult at lvl 60. I'm not sure if opponents are selected based on your squad power level but I'm definitely facing 23k+ teams with 7*/8 Gear FOTP and such. You have to have at least 2 decent full squads and it wasn't until recently when I read some strategy on GW that I started completing it with certainty every day. It's hard enough to grind out shards, ability upgrade mats and crystals so before you make a post like this I consider using your head first.
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Kaevad2000 wrote: »
    I believe that the retreat option should be removed from galactic war. I do not think that it is within the spirit of the game and that it is a form of cheating the game against its design. People who use this option have no real skill at the game and are receiving undeserved rewards as a result.

P.S. I'm lvl 60 - never used retreat option and I am still to get my first completion. I will not cheat the game

Using the retreat button is cheating just like using a special attack is cheating. If you don't like them, stop using them.

No problem.

Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    i feel the same way about the cheapness of retreat. Galactic war is a mode to be worked on and built for until you have multiple squads to beat it. It isn't supposed to be an easy mode beat every single day, whether you have a decent squad or not.
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Wow.. this place gets better every day...
  • You do realize that "retreat" and "force close" are two different things or am I missing something here? :|
  • Okay, call me slow, but where is this retreat button found?
  • I've declared that using heal function in game is now cheating.

Anyone who heals during GW to win is now a cheater.

Discuss.

PS. Also the BATTLE button is kid of shady. I am considering whether or not they should remove the BATTLE button so be aware if you use that to finish GW then one day you might regret it because I'm pretty sure its cheating.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I think since your standards are so high you should just follow them and leave everyone else alone.
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Okay, call me slow, but where is this retreat button found?

After the enemy has taken 1 action, you can click the settings gear in the top left hand cornet and "retreat" will be an option. You cannot retreat before the enemy has taken at least 1 action.
  • Poor those guys. Maybe at 60 I will be saying the same =)) Now I still enjoy clearing GW everyday.
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    MoonHunt wrote: »
    Poor those guys. Maybe at 60 I will be saying the same =)) Now I still enjoy clearing GW everyday.

It gets a little harder as you level up, but it's still doable if you are paying attention.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    This entire discussion is moot while force-closing is still possible.
    If that were removed, I think getting extra rewards for not using Retreat in a match would be nifty.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    This entire discussion is moot while force-closing is still possible.
    If that were removed, I think getting extra rewards for not using Retreat in a match would be nifty.

Interesting idea!
  • SG6
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    If you like to play it this way just do it. It's like playing Dark Souls without dodging - it's doable, hard as **** and only for a hardcore game-masochists but doable. Leave GW's retreat alone, it's like it is supposed to be and not easy in general, yo have to actually think and use strategies to clear it, that is the point of it. You like to extra challenge yourself - you are welcome to do it. But leave the rest alone, it is very good the way it is right now.
  • Retreating has made GW pretty easy. I kind of agree that its not in the spirit of the game. How cool is it when an enemy tank taunts or Ben does his hand wavy thing and then you just nullify that completely bu leaving and re-entering with no penalty whatsoever? It's pretty lame tbh.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Taking one step back to advance two steps is not cheap.

But perhaps CG could introduce an "Ironman Mode" - an irreversible option to disable retreat at the start of every GW and give higher rewards at the last battle for completing it. Essentially a high risk, a high reward option.
  • SG6 wrote: »
    If you like to play it this way just do it. It's like playing Dark Souls without dodging - it's doable, hard as **** and only for a hardcore game-masochists but doable. Leave GW's retreat alone, it's like it is supposed to be and not easy in general, yo have to actually think and use strategies to clear it, that is the point of it. You like to extra challenge yourself - you are welcome to do it. But leave the rest alone, it is very good the way it is right now.

This is getting off-topic... But having completed Dark Souls many times, I feel like I should say that a high-stamina build with a good shield is the easiest way to beat it. With no carry limit you can just carry around a different shield for every situation.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    This again. This is not cheating. It is a function they put in to help prevent the full TKO (Team Knock-Out for non-gamers).

If you think it's cheap, don't use it. Other people using it does not hurt your chances for completing it without IN THE LEAST!

Yes, it should be tweaked so that the opposing team retains their buff/debuffs. That part is the 'cheat' but if you hit an unlucky round and three of your 5 characters are red and won't last another hit, retreating and coming back is not cheating, it is sound tactics.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    You do realize that "retreat" and "force close" are two different things or am I missing something here? :|
    I think he's got them confused.
    SG6 wrote: »

Who plays dark souls without dodging? That is literally impossible unless you turtle or block instead.
  • Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*takes breath*

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Cleaner wrote: »
    Retreating has made GW pretty easy. I kind of agree that its not in the spirit of the game. How cool is it when an enemy tank taunts or Ben does his hand wavy thing and then you just nullify that completely bu leaving and re-entering with no penalty whatsoever? It's pretty lame tbh.

Are you level 60 or how many GWs have you cleared already? I'm just 55 F2P and it is not easy at all even with FC. Also I find it interesting to win with fastest way, and I don't feel cool losing in any way. Those who win write history, not loser.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    /facepalm

Yeah, and they shouldn't allow you to change line ups or replace dead toons. 5 guys vs 60, ironnan mode
  • If you want to enter Galaxy Wars with only 1 character, all level 1 characters, characters with no equipment, don't use retreat, don't use special attacks, no heals, go ahead whatever pleases you but please stop dictate on how other people should be playing.
  • Its called War for a reason. You taked your wounded out and replace them with others, and call heal them.
  • Vader says, "no."
  • Kaevad2000 wrote: »

Your integrity. Lol
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Reddplague
    766 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    LMAO!!!!!!! (*homers laugh effect). Donuts!