Should the Retreat option be Removed from Galactic War

Replies

• MoonHunt wrote: »
    Are you level 60 or how many GWs have you cleared already? I'm just 55 F2P and it is not easy at all even with FC. Also I find it interesting to win with fastest way, and I don't feel cool losing in any way. Those who win write history, not loser.

Yeah I clear it at 60, it's a no brainer and yes I retreat often enough. I don't force close, but not out of some false white knight ideology or pride, more just because I'm lazy. But none of that is the point. Retreating/force closing and wiping all buff/debuffs is just not a polished game mechanic from a developmental point of view in my lowly opinion. I'm not deriding anyone for doing it; I do it myself. I just happen to agree that there are better ways Galaxy Wars can be executed, such as eliminating the retreat option but increasing rewards for every battle you complete.
  • I believe there should be no Galactic war. It's just a cheating way to get undeserved credits, ability gear and shards which other people (who can't win GW) can't get. And playing battles without spending energy is wrong, too.

So could you please remove the GW on the next update? Along with the arena, I believe the whole idea is so unfair: we attack other players who can't defend themselves. Everyone knows that AI plays much worse with any army than it's owner can. Just think of it: a weak army can beat a stronger army of a better player any time! All you benefiting from the Arena are just cheaters!
    As it can be not obvious for people who can't even get the game mechanics and don't know what cheating means, here is the disclaimer: this was a sarcasm.
  • Why you hope most of us to not complete GW
    We have few characters compared to p2p
    One shot kill by enemy mean you almost lose the GW
    People do try different combination during GW not just try to be played by ai
  • Well I wasn't expecting such a hateful backlash - a lot of you guys are harsh.

Seems like games these days are populated by people with no real skill at gaming.

Well you enjoy your game your way and I'll enjoy my game my way - at least I'll get more sense of satisfaction and reward from it by playing the game on the spirit of how it was designed.
  • Kaevad2000 wrote: »
    Well I wasn't expecting such a hateful backlash - a lot of you guys are harsh.

Seems like games these days are populated by people with no real skill at gaming.

Well you enjoy your game your way and I'll enjoy my game my way - at least I'll get more sense of satisfaction and reward from it by playing the game on the spirit of how it was designed.

Hahaha, hahaha, hahaha, stop, you're killing me!

Playing the game on the spirit of how it was designed, hahaha, in a thread where the design is being blasted, hahaha!
  • Never even knew there was a retreat option

Never could get past battle 9
    Just completed all twelve with zero casualties

This option should have been clearly stated in the rules

The rules should be rewritten in the next patch stating a retreat option
    It was a well hidden option
  • mccif16 wrote: »
    Never even knew there was a retreat option

There is a long and useful Guide:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3309/a-galaxy-sized-guide-to-galactic-war#latest
  • Yes, I also think specials and leader abilities should be removed in GW. Where the honor man? Also, you should select 5 chars at start and afterward no swaping you mobster cowards. To level thing a bit more the AI ahould maybe also bring an additional Ally and double Leadership skills. Also, delete retreat, make Close lose the entire GW, and force you to use the same squad for a week. Am I missing any great idea? Mhh. I think all rewards should all concentrate on table 12...partial awards are for "guanabes". Healing cooldowns should be like 7 turns...it's sonessy if you heal so much. Imho, we need more challenge and those ideas are to get us started. More I have 20 other ideas to stop GW being so easy. Loke for example, on even days, tou can only use DS chars...but I'll stop here for now

It's because you givebideas to make the game even harder for every single person in the game. Do You think also prices should double and energy refill rate halve? Do you think 7* should be 700 shards?

Any other great auggestion on how to get less for more? If tou are bored, play with no healers or don't use retreat man.

• The retreat option is crucial to GW strategy. Do you honestly think you're going to survive 60 heroes with purple gear with only your main team without retreat?

It's because you givebideas to make the game even harder for every single person in the game. Do You think also prices should double and energy refill rate halve? Do you think 7* should be 700 shards?

Any other great auggestion on how to get less for more? If tou are bored, play with no healers or don't use retreat man.

Oh boohoo the game is hard!!

It's meant to be hard - it's mean to be a challenge.

The rewards reflect the challenge!

You can't have it like you have it at school where everyone wins a prize for losing - grown up!

Wimps - 9/10 of you!
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Retreating is tactical.. you see it ALL of the time in the Star Wars Universe, really every major character has done it at some point. You set yourself up to be at a better advantage over your opponent. Its strategy. Use it
  • @Kaevad2000
    At least you gave me a good giggle this early. Thanks for that, don't think I have to be serious on topic so gl to you Keavad sir!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Mace
    28 posts Member
    LOL retreat is there to help you make it to the end! I faced a team that killed me 3 stages out from finish. I use retreat 3 times and still crippled me! You dont know whats coming! It strategy, the op team goes in with full abilities yours dont! Imagine a Sid, Poggle, Kylo, Ben, FOTP... They killed my 2 complete squads, GW once you get in final 4 you need to reteat unless you have 20 characters fully stared and geared!!! ESP with Ben creating issues for u
  • Not sure if this is a troll or not.
    See too many of these topics... It's ridiculous.

From when I first unlocked GW to now (lvl54) I've only failed 1 campaign. The first 10 or so, I didn't even know about retreat or FC.
    It gets to a point where you really need to think strategically about when to do what, and which characters to use..but retreating is an option they include in game to help get the player through the war.

That said, I do agree that an option to have higher rewards for disabled retreat button would be great!
  • You're purposefully gimping yourself by not using a function in the game. It's like saying "Oh luminara's heal is too strong and she's classified as an attacker so out of principle i won't use her heal because it's cheating. Anyone who uses her heal is a cheater and the skill should be removed from the game."
  • Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It should just be tweaked by keeping buffs and debuffs on all units. Actually it is just the removal of those which makes this function lame... if they change that, one could still utilize it for saving the injured and healing them later on.

Maybe it would be better to not restet the turn meter as well.

Those two changes would make retreating feel much more realistic.
    Post edited by Merilon on
  • just quit game "kaevad2000" pls !
    This world is not of those who have money , nor of those who have power !
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Kaevad2000 wrote: »

Do you agree? What do you think?
    Nope.
    Ever thy heard of "Live to fight another day"?

• I haven't played GW myself because I'm not level 40 yet (wouldn't even if I was because my characters aren't skilled enough and I may have been going about playing the wrong way but not the point)
    The point is I have seen people with amazing teams, better than probably yours screw up. If that retreat button wasn't there, everyone would be wasting a whole lot of time and going through a little bit of pain
    so no.
    I don't think it should be removed
    if EA thought of it as "cheating" they would have removed it. Especially if it advantaged FTP players
  • This thread is great! I thought the OP actually went into hiding after he got rekt by everyone else, but he's back! And it got even worse.

"The spirit of how it was designed" Lmao, the retreat button is part of the design.

• EM650
    1120 posts Member
    I view retreat as no different than a force quit in GW. People use it to their advantage. They enter the arena, let the other team do their special maneuvers, retreat, and then come back in with their A team, without the buffs/debuffs of the other team.

With that being said what does it matter to anyone how someone else handled GW? It does not effect your game play or give anyone else an advantage over you. It is a nice feature for people to practice, try new things, and sometimes make mistakes.
  • I think that retreat should be tweaked to 1. Retain buffs/debuffs between retreats and 2. Only be possible after everyone on enemy team took action at least once(being stunned and mising a turn would qualify as "action").

Difficulty of teams u face might have to be scaled down a bit though.

Otherwise u just have to run with 5 quick toons taking 1 hit for every 5 you dish out and than retreat and repeat which does feel cheesy at least for me(im still doing it though lol!)
  • I always read "force close" and think its some sort of Jedi ability in the game, LOL.

Keep the retreat but close some of the loopholes that it causes (like resetting the speed counters...)

• Get off with these stupid posts of removing retreat button or disallowing force close. So many of you are nagging about how tough GW is and than you want to make it even tougher. Seriously?!
  • Never argue with an ****. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I think you guys know this =))
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
    I believe that the retreat option should be removed from galactic war. I do not think that it is within the spirit of the game and that it is a form of cheating the game against its design. People who use this option have no real skill at the game and are receiving undeserved rewards as a result.

P.S. I'm lvl 60 - never used retreat option and I am still to get my first completion. I will not cheat the game

I hope this is a joke. If not...

Cheating? Funny

Cheat the game? You do realize this is a simplistic mobile app to waste time and (EA hopes) spend money on, correct? It's not some secretly designed app that is going to get you something special in life. it is not a indication of how great you are or may think you are.

Skill at the game? YOU TAP THE SCREEN AND LET THE CODE DECIDE WHAT HAPPENS. Why do people think they're playing a freaking sport or chess? I mean really, people who talk about skill and all that jazz in this app must be so inept in real life at things that are actually based on skill. I mean sure, there is some planning but you could have the PERFECT PLAN and the results not go how you expected because of what the code decides to do....THAT IS NOT BECAUSE OF SKILL OR LACK THEREOF.

Why does it matter to you what others do? Are you looking to be a future dictator and you want to tell people how to use their app? Are you one of those people in the world who simply can't mind their own business and is always trying to micro manage and get people to do things how you want them to do it and be like you?

Sorry pal, everyone wasn't born into this world to have you be their controller and yes master and tell them what they should or should not be able to do. You are NOT that important to humanity despite what you may think.
  • shimmy wrote: »
    I believe that the retreat option should be removed from galactic war. I do not think that it is within the spirit of the game and that it is a form of cheating the game against its design. People who use this option have no real skill at the game and are receiving undeserved rewards as a result.

P.S. I'm lvl 60 - never used retreat option and I am still to get my first completion. I will not cheat the game

I hope this is a joke. If not...

Cheating? Funny

Cheat the game? You do realize this is a simplistic mobile app to waste time and (EA hopes) spend money on, correct? It's not some secretly designed app that is going to get you something special in life. it is not a indication of how great you are or may think you are.

Skill at the game? YOU TAP THE SCREEN AND LET THE CODE DECIDE WHAT HAPPENS. Why do people think they're playing a freaking sport or chess? I mean really, people who talk about skill and all that jazz in this app must be so inept in real life at things that are actually based on skill. I mean sure, there is some planning but you could have the PERFECT PLAN and the results not go how you expected because of what the code decides to do....THAT IS NOT BECAUSE OF SKILL OR LACK THEREOF.

Why does it matter to you what others do? Are you looking to be a future dictator and you want to tell people how to use their app? Are you one of those people in the world who simply can't mind their own business and is always trying to micro manage and get people to do things how you want them to do it and be like you?

Sorry pal, everyone wasn't born into this world to have you be their controller and yes master and tell them what they should or should not be able to do. You are NOT that important to humanity despite what you may think.

+1