Should the Retreat option be Removed from Galactic War

Replies

• Wifi
    36 posts Member
    shimmy wrote: »
    Kaevad2000 wrote: »
    I believe that the retreat option should be removed from galactic war. I do not think that it is within the spirit of the game and that it is a form of cheating the game against its design. People who use this option have no real skill at the game and are receiving undeserved rewards as a result.

Do you agree? What do you think?

P.S. I'm lvl 60 - never used retreat option and I am still to get my first completion. I will not cheat the game

I hope this is a joke. If not...

Cheating? Funny

Cheat the game? You do realize this is a simplistic mobile app to waste time and (EA hopes) spend money on, correct? It's not some secretly designed app that is going to get you something special in life. it is not a indication of how great you are or may think you are.

Skill at the game? YOU TAP THE SCREEN AND LET THE CODE DECIDE WHAT HAPPENS. Why do people think they're playing a freaking sport or chess? I mean really, people who talk about skill and all that jazz in this app must be so inept in real life at things that are actually based on skill. I mean sure, there is some planning but you could have the PERFECT PLAN and the results not go how you expected because of what the code decides to do....THAT IS NOT BECAUSE OF SKILL OR LACK THEREOF.

Why does it matter to you what others do? Are you looking to be a future dictator and you want to tell people how to use their app? Are you one of those people in the world who simply can't mind their own business and is always trying to micro manage and get people to do things how you want them to do it and be like you?

Sorry pal, everyone wasn't born into this world to have you be their controller and yes master and tell them what they should or should not be able to do. You are NOT that important to humanity despite what you may think.

Whoa. Chill out pal. Like you said, it's just a game and this is just a forum so relax. He is entitled to his opinion, regardless of how ridiculous it is (and it is).
  • Kaevad2000 wrote: »
    Well I wasn't expecting such a hateful backlash - a lot of you guys are harsh.

Seems like games these days are populated by people with no real skill at gaming.

Well you enjoy your game your way and I'll enjoy my game my way - at least I'll get more sense of satisfaction and reward from it by playing the game on the spirit of how it was designed.

I don't think this game requires much skill. Remember this is only a turn-based game, you don't even need any real-time reaction. Just think before each turn then you are good - I won't call it "skill". Anyone with average IQ and some experience can figure out the optimal action at each turn. What really prevents you from clearing the GW mode is the team power and more important, RNG.

Since you are not the designer so the "spirit" is only from your point of view. As most fellows mentioned above, I tend to believe that, retreat is actually the strategy offered by the game designer. Prove me wrong? No, you can't, unless some official guy says something.

Although I don't think retreat option should be removed, It woukd make more sense to me if the buffs, debuffs and turn meters on both sides are not cleared upon retreat - just like skill cooldown. In my opinion the retreat option is for squad adjustment, not for taking advantage of AI. Anyway, this may also be designed - why would the designer make the game too difficult for most players?
  • Troll wins! Finish him. Ha ha ha, ha!
  • Although I don't think retreat option should be removed, It woukd make more sense to me if the buffs, debuffs and turn meters on both sides are not cleared upon retreat - just like skill cooldown. In my opinion the retreat option is for squad adjustment, not for taking advantage of AI. Anyway, this may also be designed - why would the designer make the game too difficult for most players?
    My wild guess is that the retreat was intended for squad adjustment, but it may have been too difficult/there wasn't enough time to implement maintaining buffs and turn meters. It's not a bug because the game is working at intended, but it's still not quite what they envisioned.

There's also the chance that, even though removing buffs and resetting the turn meter were not originally part of the concept of retreating in GW, they upped the overall difficulty to compensate.

Either way, it's in there and it's clearly not a bug so there's no way to know how the "spirit" of GW differs from the way it currently works. If it's not working as intended they'll change it, otherwise our only option is to assume it's working as intended.
  • More likely....

They added the retreat so testers could finish GW. And kept it because testers even then complained anlot, sontheybjustbsaid: Close the app and restart, but please send us your test results by tomorrow!

GW is the only place Indo something for fun. Close up or Retreat, it's actially the only challenge. Arena I only do for the rewards. The day I fail 2/3 of the time GW with no reset, it will upset the fun I get for the game, and since I am not driven by Arena, I may one day find myself dismissing Energy Full, as I forget about the game.
  • If there were no retreat option, I would have had to crash the round I was just playing. Never previously utilized the retreat function in GW, but after 20 minutes of auto-play and no victor between my Chewbacca and the AI's Barris Offee, I finally gave in and sounded retreat. Those two could go on forever...
  • There's no way OP is a) that dumb or b) serious ...

Seems like games these days are populated by people with no real skill at gaming.

Well you enjoy your game your way and I'll enjoy my game my way - at least I'll get more sense of satisfaction and reward from it by playing the game on the spirit of how it was designed.

What's your arena rank? I would be interested to see how far you've gotten without Phasma/Lum (and without spending boatloads of money).
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member

I'm gonna pretend you aren't trolling.

So you have control issues and lack empathy. Maybe you often come up with great and lofty ideas that you wish others would abide by; they do not, and this frustrates you.

Here's some possibilities..

1. You can't beat GW even with retreats and it bothers you knowing others are starring up toons that are annihilating you in arena (GW also).
    2. You've been lucky in GW and think a team with Dooku in it is as bad as it gets.
    3. You are totally delusional and have a deficit in empathy which puts you in the personality disorder spectrum.
    4. Just Trolling.

Of course the list could go on.
  • How to ruin a game?
    Start a pointless and stuipid thread and hope they listen
    by honest competitor.
  • Ok...

I tried the retread option for the first time today.

Did complete I GW? Yes I did for the first time.

Did I feel like I cheated the game? Yes I did!

Why?
    1) I get hit by a large debuff - woah no fair! Hey guys time out! Yes i know , look I'll be back in a minute with the nasty debuff gone and we can finish off where we left off. Hope you don't mind - awfully kind of you.

How would you react if the opposing team "retreated" as soon you got an advantage?

I mean the AI is already at a disadvantage through firing of skills at silly times.

Wil I use retreat in the future again? Probably - but only to keep up with everyone else. But I still think it's a bit cheap to do so.

If they keep debuffs and buffs active on retreat then that would be more acceptable.

I believe that the retreat option should be removed from galactic war. I do not think that it is within the spirit of the game and that it is a form of cheating the game against its design. People who use this option have no real skill at the game and are receiving undeserved rewards as a result.

P.S. I'm lvl 60 - never used retreat option and I am still to get my first completion. I will not cheat the game

i just have to said one thing respect to this, go and cry elsewere.
    Ok...

I tried the retread option for the first time today.

Did complete I GW? Yes I did for the first time.

Did I feel like I cheated the game? Yes I did!

Why?
    1) I get hit by a large debuff - woah no fair! Hey guys time out! Yes i know , look I'll be back in a minute with the nasty debuff gone and we can finish off where we left off. Hope you don't mind - awfully kind of you.

How would you react if the opposing team "retreated" as soon you got an advantage?

I mean the AI is already at a disadvantage through firing of skills at silly times.

Wil I use retreat in the future again? Probably - but only to keep up with everyone else. But I still think it's a bit cheap to do so.

If they keep debuffs and buffs active on retreat then that would be more acceptable.

I am ok for a more sportive retreat. Also, time
    Meters should be kept. Otherwise - and I feel THIS IS THE KEY MOST ANYONE WITH CHALLENGES IN GW FACES AND DOES NOT NOTICE INCLUDING ME, is squad team. If you ever build a very high speed team, you can retreat and basically beat teams unharmed. Where if you use slow chars, you get hit 5 times by 7* high damage enemies, and can't retreat, as you are basically asking enemy to land 5 more 5k dmg all other ehatever is left of your team.

This bothers me a bit, as it makes speed the most important fsctor in the game. High speed chars should always be lighweight and hit moderately. It's in every single game, martial art and generally a rule tonfollow to have a trade of of speed and damage. But things like Qui Gon call an ally, and the ally should not be ready in first turn. I think tou should only be able to call an ally if they havenused their turn meter once at least.

• Retreats should definitely not clear out buffs/debuffs, but otherwise I have no issue with them. Force quitting does seem more egregious to me, but to each his own. I like a challenge.
  • I can go a long while in GW without using retreat but I'm using Lumi, JC, Daka, Barris(leader), and Sid so I'm almost always at full Heath with low CD at the end of every battle.
  • Just got to node 11 by using the retreat button more effectively!!!!
  • You do realize there are lots of games built on this premise, right? It's not a cheat it's to encourage you to build a broad team. You are refusing to play the game as designed and therefor cheating yourself out of shards.
  • In my opinion ppl suggesting this is because they have so many toons ( I don't imply they are p2w) who don't want to shorten the distance between weak and strong

Our society doing this everyday
  • I think retreat is essential - if you had to stay in battle until your squad was all dead, it would make GW prohibitively impossible for lower level, newer players and a brutal slog for higher level players. That being said, I would find an update in the future where buffs/debuffs "stayed on" after retreat or when starting a new wave in other missions to be 100% fair. While I love me some retreat spam to avoid taunts, ignore stuns, or wipe away Old Ben's buffs, it does feel a little sad that many characters (particularly Old Ben, Poe, Poggle) are much, much, much worse in GW.

That being said, it isn't cheating. That's like saying that using Sidious is "cheating", since healing is a crucial part of the game and he just turns it off, or using Poe is "cheating" because he makes it impossible for your poor opponent to target your squishy damage dealers. It's a feature built into the game, not an exploit.

For retreat -NO! That is what GW is for. Read the description. GW is to use all your characters. Retreating lets you use all your characters to your best advantage and introduces more strategy. I love running a team into the ground, retreat, swap in 2 healers, heal half the team, and then do the same next round for the others. Sometimes it works, some times it does not.

As for the force close - I don't care either way, but I think it should stay because it gives F2P players a fighting chance. P2P should have no ploblem running the table either way. F2P need the force close help.
    --Nud Stark--
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member

For retreat -NO! That is what GW is for. Read the description. GW is to use all your characters. Retreating lets you use all your characters to your best advantage and introduces more strategy. I love running a team into the ground, retreat, swap in 2 healers, heal half the team, and then do the same next round for the others. Sometimes it works, some times it does not.

As for the force close - I don't care either way, but I think it should stay because it gives F2P players a fighting chance. P2P should have no ploblem running the table either way. F2P need the force close help.

Agree. It is like the save options in the old games where if you die, you can just continue where you last saved.
  • Kaevad2000
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    If what I've seen on the boards is true - retreat in GW has been nerfed. I stand vindicated and my initial comments were right.

Like I said children - play in the spirit of the game.

Time to see who the real players are

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!!!!!!!!????????
  • CharLieTao wrote: »

Very!
    If what I've seen on the boards is true - retreat in GW has been nerfed. I stand vindicated and my initial comments were right.

Are you the same guy who said he'd never been able to finish GW? Great, guess that's the spirit of the game now...I can't wait to unlock GW and never be able to finish it, sounds like a blast.
    CharLieTao wrote: »

Very!

I'm sure you have a major soft and small hard on seeing your whiny girly request being granted.
  • Jyykson wrote: »

Are you the same guy who said he'd never been able to finish GW? Great, guess that's the spirit of the game now...I can't wait to unlock GW and never be able to finish it, sounds like a blast.

Completed 1 time - used retreat - that was this morning.

You'll enjoy the sense of achievement when you win.

Prize after every fight - don't worry!

Very!

Jokes on you lol retreat made GW even easier xD now you can undo mistakes and keep trying till RNG favours you? Dooku didn't Stun? Retreat till he does, Daka didn't revive? Retreat till she does? Enemy Daka stunned you? Retreat and try again.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member

Very!

Jokes on you lol retreat made GW even easier xD now you can undo mistakes and keep trying till RNG favours you? Dooku didn't Stun? Retreat till he does, Daka didn't revive? Retreat till she does? Enemy Daka stunned you? Retreat and try again.

That's a good observation. Daka is now even more viable in GW and so is Dooku.. Just keep restarting until you get 2 stuns. However once you are level 70 expect GW to be way harder to complete even by using RNG strategy. Glad I farmed most of what I needed from GW already

Blame @Kaevad2000