Forget the issues with mods and gear nerf! Remember bariss

JRCPKT99
292 posts Member
Have we all forgotten the early nerf of bariss?

We need go no further into the game then the first month to see the tactics begin. What was it 40 dollars to buy bariss?

Shortly thereafter she was considered overpowered and nerfed.

People bought her because she was overpowered not because they loved the character.

Bait and switch?

Why would we expect anything less with mods or purchasing gear.

I should have thought more about that early change before I made future purchases. I feel quite silly in hindsight making purchase to buy s character or mods or gear or a so called advantage in the game.

Replies

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Unfortunately, I wasn't here for the Barriss nerf and I farmed Poe because of a few things I saw in the forum and then he got nerfed, so I came in right at the tail end of Poe-gate.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • HamZolo
    70 posts Member
    Makes me glad I've only put $5 into this game for the Dooku pack when I first started. That at least was money well spent. That $5 is all they will ever get out of me.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    HamZolo wrote: »
    Makes me glad I've only put $5 into this game for the Dooku pack when I first started. That at least was money well spent. That $5 is all they will ever get out of me.

That was probably the BEST deal they ever came out with. I wish I had that instead of Greedo. At least Greedo is almost needed now. Almost.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Yes, long time players been bait and switched more than once
  • Zeu
    95 posts Member
    But when they nerfed barris they offered a refund I believe. Or some sort of compensation
  • I remember Barriss very well. I had bought the starters and a couple dozen Chromiums or so, crystals to blow through levels. Then I saw that pack and I had to have that to make my team so very good. She did. They cried, she was neutered. Money spent for 1 thing, now it is another.

Poe and Precraft hit, however there was not a we sold you you this, you paid for this and got that, or you got this free that we charged everyone else for feel.

Then you go raid exploit. People got many many gears that we were being charged with. So we paid others got for free.

I think why Mods are such a massive thing is that it was major strike 3 for many. They were released. They were wicked strong. The spenders, and many non spenders but people who saved resources said, ok we gotta get these going, so we bought. Then they were nerfed. What we paid money for, no longer what it was.

Basicly strike 3. This was the final straw for me. No more Whale I'm F2P. Seems many decided that route as opposed to leaving. Perhaps temp. The new raid and response to credit crunch will be the determining factor for me, and I wager many.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Crank up Barriss's health with mods, her passive heal is based on her max health. That's a lot of free healing every turn.