Really frustrating arena bug/complaint. **** EA?

So I just broke into the top 20 for the first time on my server, except that I didn't...

I beat a guy in the top 20 with a couple of minutes to go before the rewards were handed out, got to the "Victory" screen, and then nothing. Couldn't do anything for a little while, and then eventually it said my game had timed out.

I didn't get the victory, was back at rank #27, and consequently didn't get the right rewards.

I know it's only a few arena credits and 50 crystals, but it's a really frustrating bug and extremely annoying.

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    I'm not so sure it's a bug. As with any online game sometimes the client and server lose connection, packets, etc. Timeouts happen and it's rarely at a moment when it's not annoying.

• Most likely you suffered a connection issue. The game cannot wait for too long as it needs to update and make those slots available for others to try. If not, top rankers could potentially abuse this by initiating a match, disable their connection and as the game waits endlessly for the result, deadline has passed.
  • Maybe you did get the victory, but with a few minutes left you can get sniped by someone else. I usually end my arena climb 1 minute or less bfore 1800.
  • Seems strange that it would have been a connection issue (at my end anyway). Sat next to my router and my laptop was connected and using the internet the entire time.

My game actually kind of freezes after lots of battles. Every fourth or fifth battle I have to wait 20 seconds for my phone to go into screen saver mode, turn it back on, unpause, and then it carries on as normal.

This has never happened in Arena before though.

Am I the only one that has this?

And Pindasauskanon, that is definitely possible, but it seems strange that I got beaten and sent back to the same number I was on before the battle.
  • Its actually logical you got sent back to the same position before your attack. Since you trade places when you win, the guy you beat will end up in yiur old spot. He probably wanted to take revenge. (Did you send him a friend request after you won)
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    There's a hundred places this could've gone wrong. Whether it's your phone, the CG server, or any of the numerous points your data is routed through on its way to the server, it happens. Imagine suffering from packet or connection loss while battling for the gladiator title in WoW or when three bounty hunters had your mission in SWG when your death meant massive XP loss and/or perma death of your Jedi toon (way back in the day), which took 6 months to unlock to begin with.
  • Its actually logical you got sent back to the same position before your attack. Since you trade places when you win, the guy you beat will end up in yiur old spot. He probably wanted to take revenge. (Did you send him a friend request after you won)

Possible, but unlikely based on the description provided. If that were the case, CaptainP should have still received the rank change notice, but he didn't.

As for that freeze issue, it happens to me once in a while, but only when I am outside and in places where the connection is seemingly unreliable.

No, I couldn't send him a friend request, because the game had timed out and frozen. The guy who I beat would have had to have noticed that I beat him, found me on the arena, and then beaten me, all in less than two minutes. Just seems unlikely.

And yeah Telaan, the exact reason I stopped playing hardcore on Diablo 2 :D Almost cried when I lagged and my L90 Assassin died.

So am I the only one whose phone becomes temporarily unresponsive occasionally after battles? (Especially in GW).
  • Happens all the time. The 'Victory' screen can take up to a minute to disappear.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • What device are you using? I use an ipad and this has never happened to me.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Only a month old and barely anything else on it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Only a month old and barely anything else on it.

well @cosmicturtle333 also uses android, maybe it's just less buggy for ios.

• well @cosmicturtle333 also uses android, maybe it's just less buggy for ios.

Seems likely. Hopefully if that is the case it gets a fix soon.
  • A couple of weeks ago I was letting the arena timer count down and ending with 15 second on the clock, it would report victory then immediately give me a timeout error. I increased the time left on the timer to as much as 45 second in other fights and it still happened.
    Hasn't been an issue since but I'm wary of dropping below 30s on arena timer.

5b1mrt.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Never had this problem, using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Works fine on my S6 Edge and OnePlus One, though I have to select performance profile on the OnePlus (custom ROM) otherwise it does lag a bit.
  • A couple of weeks ago I was letting the arena timer count down and ending with 15 second on the clock, it would report victory then immediately give me a timeout error. I increased the time left on the timer to as much as 45 second in other fights and it still happened.
    Hasn't been an issue since but I'm wary of dropping below 30s on arena timer.

5b1mrt.png

What device do you use out of curiosity?