How bad is my squad?

Hey all. Im coming here sort of discouraged. I've been playing this game for almost 6 months I guess and I'm horrible. Seems I can't get anywhere. I can't effectively beat lvl 53 elites....lol. All of my squad has at least lvl 7 gear.

Level 60:

Counsular - 6 star
Palpy- 7 star
Kylo- 4 star (can't unlock his shard battles)
Luminara - 5 star
Talia - 4 star

Obviously I should be better off but I normally get 3 character shards from full energy if I'm lucky and 2 from the light/dark side battles. It really is an extreme uphill battle for me with this RNG system.

I can normally only make it to the second purple node in the galactic war. Here lately I cannot even do that. What should I swap out? I just feel like I should be better. I don't think that I should be losing to lvl 53 elites in light/dark battles. Maybe I'm wrong?

Replies

• Who is Palpy ?
  • Sidious
  • It's all about gear. Sid is not good. Kylo is alright, look to replace anyone but lumi with rey, gs, sthan, ect
  • It's all about gear. Sid is not good. Kylo is alright, look to replace anyone but lumi with rey, gs, sthan, ect

A catch 22. Need better fighters for easier access to gear. I'm lvl VII purple gear. I have GS, Ventress, Qiu Gin, OD, HK, The other 2 droids he pairs with.

Think I should dump Sidious for QGJ? I'm thinking Talia needs to go as well.
  • Boxmint
    127 posts Member
    Dps all the way is what you need
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Go to swgoh.gg check out "meta report" and look at the makeup and most used characters in arena... That should give you an idea of which ones are worth the investment
  • Beasthunt wrote: »

Level 60:

Counsular - 6 star
    Palpy- 7 star
    Luminara - 5 star
    Talia - 4 star

Strictly based on your OP:

Man, that lineup reminds me of the days when I didn't spend a dime and just played to poke around in a game for a while... How the times have changed.

My personal opinion:

-Lumi needs to be your (L) Leader - Evasion and heal are effective in that level of play/ranking. She is very effective for quite some time, but there will be a time when she gets benched. Where you're at now, she's perfect. If your HP isn't that great yet, pre-heal a LOT. Don't wait for her turn when your team is down in the red or yellow, let the heal over time do it's work and make up for the incoming hits.

-Kylo, is great if you can gear him. Not the most effective at 4*, but with higher gear levels he can get pretty tanky which can help. Keep his Retribution on for counters that may add DOT and save his special for when he's yellow/red only.

-Sidious - Again, great toon for a while. He'll stay solid till you get to around level 70, then he'll likely warm the bench for you. Capitalize on his heal-block more than his AOE and be selective so you can focus fire.

-Talia - Well, it's Talia. I haven't even seen her in play for months. She starts strong, and I mean STARTS strong. Levels 1-40 she's usually your go-to for supplemental healing and/or DOT. Overall, in my opinion, stop working on her and start on someone else.

-JC - Another good starter toon but around where you're at, you'll start noticing he's being ineffective entirely. Unless he's geared pretty heavy, and maybe now at this point with mods, he may last a little longer but inevitably will become forgotten.

3 healers looks more like you're trying to keep your team alive rather than win a fight. I understand that too. I was there once. But as a lot of other players previously mentioned, GEAR, GEAR, GEAR. Stars only matter so much as for multipliers, but you'll see a vast difference in gear alone if you don't have the resources to star-up everyone fairly quickly.

Just my opinion, because you asked. Good luck and have fun!

P.S. As you mentioned, you have GS and QGJ. I would make those two priority.
  • Thanks for your replies. I actually thought Gear VII would be pretty good. My God it takes forever to get those purples....lol.
  • Kylo stinks. Go for Rey
  • Kylo stinks. Go for Rey

Good luck to me. I have one node with her unlocked.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Short version for f2p:
    PVP - Rey, Geo Soldier, Dooku, Old ben, Royal Guard, 5s, Daka
    GW - Bariss, Luminara, JC

Everything is a combination of the above characters (ls/ds, cantina, etc).

Specialty characters that require a bit more effort due to synergies:
    Droids: HK47, IG88, IG86, Jawa Engineer
    Jedi: Anakin, Aayla, Ima-Gun-Di
    Rebels: Ackbar, Leia, ST Han, Hoth Rebel Scout

Rest are all kind of "meh"

I am sure I am missing some, but those toons are all top tier for what they do.
  • IMO opinion build a team you want, I'm LVL 77 and still use Sid, Talia, GS, RG and Lumi lead. My B team is fast going to out do my A team soon....by design. Captain Phasma lead, Rey, Ashoka, Old Daka and Jedi Councilor. But as everyone says it is all about the gear.

Rey is a long haul for getting shards...but worth it I fear that by time I get her 7 star the devs will nerf her just like the did to Sid. Sid is good when heal block works I will be replacing him soon.

Captain Phasma is really good you can get her shards quickly it took me about 6 weeks to 2 months for 7 star.

GS deals damage really good so does 86.
  • I'm not a f2p player but the coin I have spent has not helped me much it seems....lol.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    It might also help to give you top tier teams:

Pure F2P
    *Note: Anything with Dooku can be swapped with Old ben and be just as viable, if not more so*
    Dodge Meta:
    Dooku, Royal Guard(RG), Geo Soldier (GS), Rey, QGJ
    Dooku, RG, Daka, QGJ, Rey
    Dooku, ST Han, Daka, QGJ, Rey

HP:
    Anakin, Aayla, RG, 5s, Rey (Or GS or QGJ)

Phasma:
    Phasma, IG86, Rey, GS, RG
    Phasma, Leia, Rey, QGJ, RG
    Phasma, FOTP(speed runes), Rey, QGJ, RG

Droids:
    HK47, IG88, IG86, RG, Jawa Engineer

Rebels:
    AA, Leia, ST Han, HR Scout, RG
    AA, Leia, RG, Rey, QGJ

You can kind of see the pattern on who the best DPS is.
    P2W can get away with a little more:
    Rex leader to negate crit teams
    Sun Fac in place of RG/ST Han since he is a nightmare on insect legs
    B2 for droid teams
    etc.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    1. continue with Lumi
    2. Invest in QGJ and GS (and 86, if you want to eventually rock droids)
    3. stop leveling sid, jc, and talia, imo.

4. Gear RG and welcome your new overlord and savior. It doesn't matter that he is 2 star. When you get him to gear 7, he will be useful. When you get him to gear 8, he will be your MVP. In all areas of the game, at your level of play.

With any rag tag bunch of toons at your player level, RG, QGJ, and GS will elevate them to a new level.
  • LastJedi wrote: »
    1. continue with Lumi
    2. Invest in QGJ and GS
    3. stop leveling sid, jc, and talia, imo.

4. Gear RG and welcome your new overlord and savior. It doesn't matter that he is 2 star. When you get him to gear 7, he will be useful. When you get him to gear 8, he will be your MVP. In all areas of the game, at your level of play.

After all I invested in those 3 I agree especially with RG he will change your entire team.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Also, don't worry so much about the wrong turns you made so far. You needed talia and JC up to about level 60, anyway.

And the grind is sooo much longer past this point, those toons are a drop in the ocean. You're actually just about the right point where you should be changing gear and dropping those guys.

Sid? Sigh... I made that mistake, too.
  • Valuable info. Thanks a ton! I will get RG, QG, and GS up.
    Valuable info. Thanks a ton! I will get RG, QG, and GS up.

I love a happy ending.
  • Wait.....who is RG?
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    Beasthunt wrote: »
    Valuable info. Thanks a ton! I will get RG, QG, and GS up.

I love a happy ending.

Lol. Indeed. I dropped Kylo, Talia, JG and picked up OD, GS, and RG. I only had the droids to get RG up to lvl 52 but put lvl 6 gear on him. I almost beat GW. 2 fights away. GS is lvl 56 but sad gear.

I imagine with GS and QGJ they just pounce on people with the extra moves.

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @Beasthunt
    RG = Royal Guard. Big red dude with a cattle prod staff. Stuns the dickens out of everyone.
  • As others have said, you are still only lv.60, you have a ways to go so don't worry about it too much. You need to have a plan and stick to it, it is easy to get sidetracked in this game and say to yourself,"i'll finish him up later, i'll just spend these shards on this toon." Don't fall into that pit or you will have a stable full of 3-5 star toons that will quickly become useless.

Stick to toons that continue to be useful in all areas of the game(arena,GW and challenges) like;
    -RG(the royal guard is useful from the get go),
    -GS is good energy spent in Cantina and his node is early;
    - Cantina shipments should go to either QGJ or Daka (QGJ since you already have him unlocked).
    -Use your GW gems to grab 1 toon and work him to 7 stars(can't go wrong with lumi first, then phasma;unless you want droids).
    -If you are in a guild, use your tokens to unlock Rey, Rey is good, Rey is life.

Each part of the game allows you to focus on 1 character. Don't waste your gems on Chromium packs, use them to recharge your cantina once and energy twice at least. Good luck and have fun.
    Hey all. Im coming here sort of discouraged. I've been playing this game for almost 6 months I guess and I'm horrible. Seems I can't get anywhere. I can't effectively beat lvl 53 elites....lol. All of my squad has at least lvl 7 gear.

Level 60:

Counsular - 6 star
    Palpy- 7 star
    Luminara - 5 star
    Talia - 4 star

Obviously I should be better off but I normally get 3 character shards from full energy if I'm lucky and 2 from the light/dark side battles. It really is an extreme uphill battle for me with this RNG system.

I can normally only make it to the second purple node in the galactic war. Here lately I cannot even do that. What should I swap out? I just feel like I should be better. I don't think that I should be losing to lvl 53 elites in light/dark battles. Maybe I'm wrong?
    6 months! 6 months and you're level 60. What on Earth?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @Dooku_for_days
    Some people dont play it like it's life or death. I mean, maybe he just plays for 20 min and doesnt complete dailies. Everyone is different.

Although, I don't know if he can get past top 100 at that rate :)
  • Toukai wrote: »
    @Dooku_for_days
    Some people dont play it like it's life or death. I mean, maybe he just plays for 20 min and doesnt complete dailies. Everyone is different.

Although, I don't know if he can get past top 100 at that rate :)
    But still. I mean... Even if you play for 20 mins a day, you'd be level 80. Surely. Must do no daily activities and spend no energy. :D