There is no "credit crunch"

Prev134567
I am shocked every day that people say they have a credit crunch
This game , just like life is all about resources management
You only get little from GW and some from challenges etc etc.
if gw gave away a million a day and challenges gave more and scoundrel even came weekly on the dot , we would be worse off
It would be like six months ago where everybody had almost everything. Then everyone has the exact same team and all is boring again.
Less credits brings balance to the force. You have to choose wisely on what to spend.
Toons ? Stars? Upgrades ? Mods ? Gear?
This makes everyone unique in many ways. Makes the game more interesting
Whales will get everything , but we all agree that that's good because they sponsor it for the rest of us
Believe me I'm short in credits just like everybody else and I think that's good for all of us for the long run. I'm sitting on 10+ Toons with alot of extra shards ready to upgrade. I need probably 7-9M to star them up. Need to level up my new squads. Many tasks. I need to make the right choice and I'm glad I get to stop and think about what I really want

Choose wisely and may the force be with you

Replies

• Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Everyone never had everything. It takes a month to unlock the shards for a toon alone. That's for an easy to unlock character.

There are enough walls in this game without credits being the end all be all wall, rendering the other walls useless.
  • Slow down is one thing, even as a T7 raider with about a fairly reliable source every other day I struggle to get an empire team made for potency, scoundrels for crit chance, resistance for speed, etc..

Plus Mods eat credits like Jabba with the munchies.

I get your point but gates are already present.
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    The gates are present.

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

• Wrong. The credit crunch is horrible. Resource management excuse is basically Stockholm Syndrome, making excuses for the kidnapper who won't release you to your family. I have 7 level one toons with 330 shards, and enough training droids to bring them all up. Can't. Why? Because credits are horrible relative to the amount needed for meaningful growth. I could literally get 50 million credits and still have a need.
  • Caeus_Gymkata
    66 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    So you can use a whole day's credits now to level an additional 1/6 of 1 part of a single character's progression and that doesn't represent a gate?

I don't think you've thought your argument out all that well.
  • You have no idea what you are talking about, we aren't given enough so we have to buy what we need. It's done on purpose. As was the mod fiasco ...but you prolly side with EA/CG on that too huh :/
  • Nguerra
    40 posts Member
    "Credit Crunch" is only an issue now because the Rancor raid and gw, before that all you needed was 5-7 toons for the arena and gw, but the fact is ppl are farming faster than they can lvl toons so it
    shifted from slow farming to slow leveling.

Understandable, but that frustates ppl, because it used to be otherwise.

sorry about my english, not native language
  • The credit crunch is real. And specifically engineered. Engineered to get you to spend crystals on more credits. And to buy crystals with dollars.

Of course it's real. It's profitable. Don't be a knob, OP.
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    The credit crunch is real. And specifically engineered. Engineered to get you to spend crystals on more credits. And to buy crystals with dollars.

Of course it's real. It's profitable. Don't be a knob, OP.

Love this. Also I read it in Becky's voice from Him & Her.
  • Remorhaz
    149 posts Member
    These games need massive drains both to keep people spending and to provide "value" to the virtual currency. All this is by design. There is a guy with a spreadsheet that tells him the average amount of all the currencies each player is sitting on, where and when they are spent etc. You want to know why the kit fisto event got dropped? That guys spreadsheet said no one was using any crystals to refresh it. On the other hand it's no coincidence the omega event has appeared the most..that's where people are sinking the crystals.

Mod battles with cantina energy? November players especially those who had spent a lot of money were done with cantina. They knew full well it would put the squeeze on people. It's supposed to. It's supposed to make you have a tough choice between farming health mods and unlocking toons that let you unlock the mod challenges so you can customize your toons. this encourages spending and gates content so we don't consume it like locusts and then demand more.

Freemium games are an evil science lol.
  • Optimus11 wrote: »
    I am shocked every day that people say they have a credit crunch
    You only get little from GW and some from challenges etc etc.
    if gw gave away a million a day and challenges gave more and scoundrel even came weekly on the dot , we would be worse off
    It would be like six months ago where everybody had almost everything. Then everyone has the exact same team and all is boring again.
    Less credits brings balance to the force. You have to choose wisely on what to spend.
    Toons ? Stars? Upgrades ? Mods ? Gear?
    This makes everyone unique in many ways. Makes the game more interesting
    Whales will get everything , but we all agree that that's good because they sponsor it for the rest of us
    Believe me I'm short in credits just like everybody else and I think that's good for all of us for the long run. I'm sitting on 10+ Toons with alot of extra shards ready to upgrade. I need probably 7-9M to star them up. Need to level up my new squads. Many tasks. I need to make the right choice and I'm glad I get to stop and think about what I really want

Choose wisely and may the force be with you

You're kidding right?

1. Mods: If you want to be competitive in raids and arena these are a must-have. They're expensive to level.
    2. Raids: For each phase you need a specific squad ideally and they may not get used for arena too
    3. Arena: This will not likely be your Raid team, a different 5 and sometimes you have to rotate your 5th spot or even 4th spot to beat certain teams.
    4. Mod Challenges: You need multiple teams to complete the different challenges. We must be able to grind out characters for each squad and field a full team
    - Promotions: Expensive
    - Leveling: from 1 to 80: A couple million credits
    - Applying gear requires credits
    5. GW: GW is pretty difficult right now and I doubt that anybody goes from start to finish with the same 5 people, you need a fairly deep bench. Unless maybe you've never done any Arena or don't really be competitive in it, then GW could possibly be easy.

It has nothing to do with being frugal or managing resources. There are not enough credits available to farm. In most RPG's when you need credits you can go out and farm an appreciable amount of gold, credits, money, whatever the currency would be. In this game there is no such opportunity with any of the energy resources, the credits we do get are too low to be meaningful. The credits we get in GW get **** dry from upgrading ONE Mod and every character needs 6.
  • Remorhaz wrote: »
    These games need massive drains both to keep people spending and to provide "value" to the virtual currency. All this is by design. There is a guy with a spreadsheet that tells him the average amount of all the currencies each player is sitting on, where and when they are spent etc. You want to know why the kit fisto event got dropped? That guys spreadsheet said no one was using any crystals to refresh it. On the other hand it's no coincidence the omega event has appeared the most..that's where people are sinking the crystals.

Mod battles with cantina energy? November players especially those who had spent a lot of money were done with cantina. They knew full well it would put the squeeze on people. It's supposed to. It's supposed to make you have a tough choice between farming health mods and unlocking toons that let you unlock the mod challenges so you can customize your toons. this encourages spending and gates content so we don't consume it like locusts and then demand more.

*SLOW CLAP*
  • There is no credit crunch
    Dodge works fine
    GW is easy
    The T7 raid has plenty of health
    Mods have a great drop rate

True this is. Believe it you should.
  • GW is the most significant source of credits.
    Can't complete GW without Mods.
    Can't get certain Mods without specific toons.
    Not enough credits to level up the specific toons needed to complete the Mod challenges.
    GW is the most significant source of credits.

• There is no credit crunch
    Dodge works fine
    GW is easy
    The T7 raid has plenty of health
    Mods have a great drop rate

True this is. Believe it you should.

Dodge isn't ridiculous at all. If you can get a Mod and luck-sack into a secondary stat with a significant amount of accuracy then you're golden. What's the problem, don't you play Powerball? LOL
  • JinnNu
    71 posts Member
    Remorhaz wrote: »

+1
  • So for diversity we have 8 different mod types. Makes sense, but only the top whales can unlock al of them. Most people can only do between 1 and 3. You need 7 specific maxed teams, so you need 35 lvl 80 G9 at least characters. The devs have created this system so they think people should be able to do it. There are nowhere near enough credits to be able to do this however.

On a 2nd note say we got 100 credits for every 200 needed when cap was 70. When it got to 80 this would be 100 credits for every 400 needed. With mods and GW changes it is 110 credits for 600. (numbers are just to explain) so for what you need credits have got significantly rarer.
  • You are correct that there is no real credit crunch, but instead just an overall resource crawl. For instance, I never put anything into a single Jawa other than collecting the random shards. Because of this, if I want to complete the 2 and 3rd tier of the mod challenge for CRITS I need to dump somewhere around 18 Million credits into all 5 jawas (not including ability upgrades and missing shards to 5* at minimum the new ones). Best case scenario that I calculated was 4 to 5 weeks of resource hoarding.

GW gives me 562,290 credits, if I beat it. Three times a week I'm getting 93K for the Bounty Hunter Challenge per run, or 279K per daily instance. That's 837K per week for challenges and 3,936,030 from GW weekly. For a grand total of 4,773,030 credits per week from only GW + Bounty Hunter Challenges.

*Every 12 days (or so) the scoundrel event will also provide credits, but I haven't been banking on this.

I don't think this is that bad under normal circumstances, but now add Mods. That last character metric is sucking up resources very quickly because it is new. My solution was to forget mods right now because they are such a hotspot in the game. I have 1 full team that has decent mods and that's all I'm putting into it until I'm caught up to where I want to be.

I have 3 main teams that need credits, those teams are Ewoks, Scoundrels, and now Jawas. Best case scenario I need a solid month + 1 week to properly level 1 of those teams (possibly getting a start on the second but unlikely).

I expect no less from a game like this as a F2P should not be leveling, modding, and gearing a new toon from 1 to 80, all mods, gear 9 or 10 over night.

If I could express one frustration with the current structure, it leaves very little wiggle room for when something new and shiny comes out. But like I said, as a F2P I'm always in a holding pattern for when things are made free in the game.

Like all complaints in this game, there is some merit to the complaint but as with all things in life dedication and planning makes a goal come true.
  • soneill73 wrote: »
    You are correct that there is no real credit crunch, but instead just an overall resource crawl. For instance, I never put anything into a single Jawa other than collecting the random shards. Because of this, if I want to complete the 2 and 3rd tier of the mod challenge for CRITS I need to dump somewhere around 18 Million credits into all 5 jawas (not including ability upgrades and missing shards to 5* at minimum the new ones). Best case scenario that I calculated was 4 to 5 weeks of resource hoarding.

GW gives me 562,290 credits, if I beat it. Three times a week I'm getting 93K for the Bounty Hunter Challenge per run, or 279K per daily instance. That's 837K per week for challenges and 3,936,030 from GW weekly. For a grand total of 4,773,030 credits per week from only GW + Bounty Hunter Challenges.

*Every 12 days (or so) the scoundrel event will also provide credits, but I haven't been banking on this.

I don't think this is that bad under normal circumstances, but now add Mods. That last character metric is sucking up resources very quickly because it is new. My solution was to forget mods right now because they are such a hotspot in the game. I have 1 full team that has decent mods and that's all I'm putting into it until I'm caught up to where I want to be.

I have 3 main teams that need credits, those teams are Ewoks, Scoundrels, and now Jawas. Best case scenario I need a solid month + 1 week to properly level 1 of those teams (possibly getting a start on the second but unlikely).

I expect no less from a game like this as a F2P should not be leveling, modding, and gearing a new toon from 1 to 80, all mods, gear 9 or 10 over night.

If I could express one frustration with the current structure, it leaves very little wiggle room for when something new and shiny comes out. But like I said, as a F2P I'm always in a holding pattern for when things are made free in the game.

Like all complaints in this game, there is some merit to the complaint but as with all things in life dedication and planning makes a goal come true.

So mods for a full team of 5 is 15mil credits on its own. They tell us to diversify and dont give us the ability to do it.
  • Whiteroom wrote: »
    So mods for a full team of 5 is 15mil credits on its own. They tell us to diversify and dont give us the ability to do it.

+1

This is probably the best and most concise statement I've seen related to the credit issue.
  • All we need to do to "win," that is to say "promote change we desire," is to not spend money. This requires great patience on our parts. That's the rub. Patience is hard for a lot of people. Myself included.
  • OP confirmed that there is no credit crunch.
    Case closed. We can go back to doing our daily chores.
  • All I got from the OP was "I already have everything, and I don't want everyone else catching up with me."
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Oh no...they got to Optimus too.

Back to reality: there was a credit crunch before they even introduced mods. Now it has been made ten times worse.

Honestly, I think it is backward thinking in some ways. What I mean is this:

A ) Many people were complaining that there was a credit crunch and that the credit event and credits for crystals options were all ridiculously priced.

B ) The devs had two options at that point: 1) Create events/ways to obtain credits which lessened the burden or 2) INCREASE the credit crunch thereby making the credit for crystals event more "needed" - so people would spend premium currency on something that shouldn't be.

Instead of the more player-friendly option 1, the decision was made to go with option number 2. Which is appropriately numbered. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Optimus11 wrote: »

This is a game. I play it to get away from life. Or else I'd just go play life...
  • "You can sell tier 2 mods for 2,100 credits" - EA_Jesse

I think that about sums up what the company line is about access to credits
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    And the highest level challenges give you 240 credits EVERY TIME!!! That's over 1,000 credits/day. :o

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    You have no idea what you are talking about, we aren't given enough so we have to buy what we need. It's done on purpose. As was the mod fiasco ...but you prolly side with EA/CG on that too huh :/
    Perfectly sound logic and reasoning, here. You are SPOT ON. You are on to EA.... they dont' care. They REALLY appreciate your lack of willpower that you HAVE to buy what you "NEED."

It is perfectly reasonable to play the game without buying credits. In fact a lot of self-proscribed WHALES claim they don't buy credits, because the exchange ratio is so high. This is good for F2P who don't want to be left in the dust. A lot of paying players don't buy credits, so F2P are in good company in this one, universal bottleneck. Paying players are more apt to buy new toons than credits.
  • leeroyjenkins
    136 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I have 55 million credits' worth of training droids, around 15 million in star upgrades, millions and millions in un-upgraded mods, a million or two just in ability upgrades (that I have the mats for), and who knows how much in gear crafting costs. If they doubled the GW payout to a million, this would not put me even REMOTELY close to "getting everything." Keep in mind that would be the case even if I completely stopped collecting shards and training droids (which won't happen if I keep playing). We have a ridiculous case of hyperinflation here, and I think this has to be a troll post.

What is the point of having all these types of progression in this game if players can't progress meaningfully in ANY of them?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    how many people actually use crystals to buy credits ? I always assumed that only high spending players buy credits.
    Save water, drink champagne!