Just remove speed as primary mod stat

Prev1345
Geddre
224 posts Member
It's ridiculously overpowered. When you have a 1dot mod that's favorable to ANY other 5 dot MAXED mod, that stat is overpowered. Just drop it as a possible primary.

And the set bonus is still a bit high also. Speed is possibly THE main stat you need to consider when doing character balance. Who allowed who to turn that over to us players in the first place?

http://m.imgur.com/U6BEg4g

Replies

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Disagree. It's only available on arrows, maxes out at 26, and the set bonus is practically worthless, maxing out at 16.
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Plus possible secondaries, which can add another 20+. I'm sorry, but anyone trying to justify a 60+ swing on speed and say that's not fundamentally game altering either doesn't understand the game, or wants to protect their farmed mods. :-P
  • Geddre wrote: »
    Plus possible secondaries, which can add another 20+. I'm sorry, but anyone trying to justify a 60+ swing on speed and say that's not fundamentally game altering either doesn't understand the game, or wants to protect their farmed mods. :-P

I wouldn't mind the secondary stat if it was consistent. For instance, an MK5-A Health Receive always has 30 speed, x offense, x crit. An MK5-B Health Receiver always has x, y, z. That way when you look at your mods that aren't leveled, you know what you have sitting there and can level what you need. Now it's a complete crap-shoot and most of the mods are like getting that piece of chocolate from the box with the gross cream filling nobody likes.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    [img][/img]image_zpsjxout7tk.png

30 speed on that mod
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Disagree. It's only available on arrows, maxes out at 26, and the set bonus is practically worthless, maxing out at 16.

Maxes out at thirty, and almost single handedly determines the outcome of arena matches now. It's terrible for the game.

The only way speed should be a primary stat is as an inverse proportion. Gives 50 speed, minus 25% of the characters base speed. Solved.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Why not just nerf the game. Make everyone have the same exact stats, attacks, etc. That is essentially what you cry babies are asking for.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I don't agree about the set bonuses, has made them practically worthless, best you can add with max speed bonus set is +16.

I think the primary could move to another shape mod. Make you have to give ups something more important that accuracy or a small +5.88% offense boost.
  • not to mention it costs so friggin much cantina energy to "hopefully" get a Mk5 Mod
  • and by the way you don't have credits to do anything
  • scuba wrote: »
    I don't agree about the set bonuses, has made them practically worthless, best you can add with max speed bonus set is +16.

I think the primary could move to another shape mod. Make you have to give ups something more important that accuracy or a small +5.88% offense boost.

I'm not sure why they have mods with integer values, they should have just made everything a percentage. Old Ben should not have 200 speed, just sayin'. LOL
  • Seeing Rey with 225 speed is kind of scary. Fast, but on the other hand at least it's taking the place of a+offense mod.

Not that +offense mods do much of anything after the nerf.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Rey in general is why mods are terrible imo, boy totally mind you but if we're being honest Rey and the effect mods have on her is a good chunk of why people don't like mods... It bumps her up to rediculous levels and on a character with few natural weaknesses and tons of strengths accenting those strengths to god hood levels makes mods in general that much worse... Not saying mods are perfect without Rey far from it but I feel like she's a good chunk of the issue in combination with the mod stats
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    I must mention i have no speed mods on primary stat and i can't even complete the speed challenge. But i don't see it. I have somebody in Arena that has speed mods on 3 toons, including Rey. Yea, they're faster than me...so? It's not like i am fighting jawa engineer and his pack of scrap metals. Those are indeed OP. In GW tho, this could be a serious problem.
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    scuba wrote: »

And yet people are still opting for the speed set bonus over all others when they can get it at 3dot or more. Yeah, using 4 1dot speed mods might be sacrificing too much to get 10 to 16 speed... but those who have enough resistance characters leveled are farming the heck out of speed mods.

Put it this way... what would you want... 2200hp or 16 speed? If your answer is the hp, you probably shouldn't be part of the conversation.

The set bonus isn't fundamentally game altering by itself, but when combined with the primary and secondaries, it exacerbates it. If there was NO speed anywhere on mods except the set bonus, I could see it staying at 16. Personally I think it should be hard numbers... 5 and 10. But that's not my main concern. Speed as a primary should go away.
  • Durrun wrote: »
    Rey in general is why mods are terrible imo, boy totally mind you but if we're being honest Rey and the effect mods have on her is a good chunk of why people don't like mods... It bumps her up to rediculous levels and on a character with few natural weaknesses and tons of strengths accenting those strengths to god hood levels makes mods in general that much worse... Not saying mods are perfect without Rey far from it but I feel like she's a good chunk of the issue in combination with the mod stats

I'd say it's a combination of Rey and the people that are stacking speed on Old Ben so he out-paces Yoda and Rex, he has no counter unless you're able to get more speed on Yoda and Rex. Because the secondary stats are so random and the speed mods themselves are actually slower than the HP mods with speed on them, it's very hard to build-up a character to counter a fast Old Ben. Now you have an Old Ben lead with a Ben that goes first and drops 60% Tm and locks out the team, Rey rips into somebody and can one-shot some, then ST Han goes and there's nothing you can do to break his taunt and you're just locked out of the game essentially before it really doesn't even matter. That's why all mod stats should be a % of the characters values in my opinion. All characters should have a weakness.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    hhooo wrote: »

Maxes out at thirty, and almost single handedly determines the outcome of arena matches now. It's terrible for the game.

The only way speed should be a primary stat is as an inverse proportion. Gives 50 speed, minus 25% of the characters base speed. Solved.

Saying it single handedly determines the outcome of arena matches now is an exaggeration. Yesterday in arena I faced a Rex(L), Rey, Qgj, Rg and Sth and all of them had the +30 speed receivers. I was still able to beat them. I run a Dooku(L), Qgj, Rey, Yoda & Daka all in tier 10 gear. Yes it was a challenge and yes they are beatable. When fighting teams like this you need to have the best gear you can have. You need to have multiple omegas on the best and most helpful abilities. You need to have the best mods put in he correct order to get the most out of the squad you are using. If you're not doing all these things then yeah you are gonna lose.
  • Aniema wrote: »
    You need to have the best mods put in he correct order to get the most out of the squad you are using.

I totally agree with you but that also is the source of the problem. The best mods have random primary and secondary stats, so it's complete dumb-luck to get some of those "best" mods. It's not even a matter of planning, strategy, whatever you want to call it; it's just dumb-luck.
  • Nguerra
    40 posts Member
    Speed at 30 is OK, what i dont think is right is the substats, i saw speed substats as much as 15. Thats a bit op im afraid.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    @Darth_Jay77 Which is worse? Old Ben going first on your team or droids going first? I vote droids. They go before any modded Old Ben anyways.
  • Geddre wrote: »
    It's ridiculously overpowered. When you have a 1dot mod that's favorable to ANY other 5 dot MAXED mod, that stat is overpowered. Just drop it as a possible primary.

And the set bonus is still a bit high also. Speed is possibly THE main stat you need to consider when doing character balance. Who allowed who to turn that over to us players in the first place?

Yeah, moar nerfs.. Exactly what we need right now, bet you are real fun at parties.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Geddre wrote: »

They only seem overpowered if your toons are undergeared and under modded. I'm from a December shard and everyone has tons of toons that have the +30 receivers. That still doesn't stop me from getting rank 1 everyday.
  • hhooo wrote: »

I have over 200 mods and I got 1 of those 30 speeds. If 1 character getting plus 30 determines your PVP outcome it is your team that needs work. Sorry but 1 character 1 stat does not determine it.

No more nerfing mods. People are spending on them still in the shipments and every time someone can't beat someone with them they come a crying for removal.

How about we make all equal and every fight is a draw? Come on +30 speed hardly "dictates the outcome"

+30 speed hardly makes anoyone crazy. Sure add it on Rey, Leia, GS, or add it to a slow character. I've had it on Phasma and 86 to boost them. Mods are intended to help be more relevant. +30 helps those in the 110-130 range become more viable.
  • I worked on Mod Battles and just now doing the lvl 8 speed battles for mark I, II mods.

I can't do the SPeed Mod Challenge as I only have one resistance char above lvl 70...

MY guess it you need all 5 resistance chars at least 5 Stars and lvl 70 to get the mark V speed mods. With no healer in that mix I think very hard to get 3 stars in it.

I would agree with the above that the arrow mods with primary speed are easily the most powerful mod. But only like 1/60 mods MARK V mods are that type, if not even lower, so it takes alot of resources to get them, like 200 battles = 3200 energy = 25 energy refreshes . You can however Farm Mark I arrow mods till you get a speed up with 1/6th the energy, cheaper to upgrade and still +15 speed, which is more the the +10% speed bonus of the set.

Here is the problem: Players have spent (mostly whales) allot of time and resources to get speed mods because they are overpowered, EA does not want to **** them off by nerfing them. IMHO the only thing preventing a whale revolt, it is now allot more expensive to farm mods.

VT
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Who buys the shipment mods?!
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Aniema wrote: »

Saying it single handedly determines the outcome of arena matches now is an exaggeration. Yesterday in arena I faced a Rex(L), Rey, Qgj, Rg and Sth and all of them had the +30 speed receivers. I was still able to beat them. I run a Dooku(L), Qgj, Rey, Yoda & Daka all in tier 10 gear. Yes it was a challenge and yes they are beatable. When fighting teams like this you need to have the best gear you can have. You need to have multiple omegas on the best and most helpful abilities. You need to have the best mods put in he correct order to get the most out of the squad you are using. If you're not doing all these things then yeah you are gonna lose.

Actually you are making everyone else's point without saying it directly.

You are exactly right in that to beat a team with all 30speed mods, you need a *perfectly* crafted team, plus a decent amount of actual skill to beat it... even when that team is NOT fully geared and fully modded. It shouldn't work like that.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

And yet people are still opting for the speed set bonus over all others when they can get it at 3dot or more. Yeah, using 4 1dot speed mods might be sacrificing too much to get 10 to 16 speed... but those who have enough resistance characters leveled are farming the heck out of speed mods.

Put it this way... what would you want... 2200hp or 16 speed? If your answer is the hp, you probably shouldn't be part of the conversation.

The set bonus isn't fundamentally game altering by itself, but when combined with the primary and secondaries, it exacerbates it. If there was NO speed anywhere on mods except the set bonus, I could see it staying at 16. Personally I think it should be hard numbers... 5 and 10. But that's not my main concern. Speed as a primary should go away.

Nope. I don't want health gains, those max bonus sets are garbage also IMO. Personally I am working on potency, tenacity, and crit chance sets. Better to add 15% crit chance than at most +16 speed.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Aniema wrote: »

Actually you are making everyone else's point without saying it directly.

You are exactly right in that to beat a team with all 30speed mods, you need a *perfectly* crafted team, plus a decent amount of actual skill to beat it... even when that team is NOT fully geared and fully modded. It shouldn't work like that.

I think you're exaggerating. I have nothing but health mods, 1 crit damage mod, 2 offense, rest hp/protection and i am doing fine against 'speed teams'.
  • Alexone wrote: »
    @Darth_Jay77 Which is worse? Old Ben going first on your team or droids going first? I vote droids. They go before any modded Old Ben anyways.

I vote both suck. LOL! But that's why Old Ben without Mods is so slow, it's a balance to his ability. Same thing with droids, their speed is a balance to their attack abilities. If you make their weaknesses their strengths and make their strengths better, then you have an imbalance.

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    I run clones, I beat droid teams at lvl 20 arena rank without losing a character most rounds, sometimes echo... Everything still has a weakness, how available those weaknesses are is another point
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    As a matter a fact yesterday in arena someone has these in OldBen allowing him to do his mind tricks before I could even have a turn. It was a challenging battle and kinda through me for a second, but once I was able to get my turn I quickly turned things in my favor allowing me to get the W.

It was fun fighting that team. It's not often the AI does something that surprise me and catches me off guard and yesterday it did. I'm glad mods can change the fight and throw things out of order for a change. It makes the arena battles less repetitive, more interesting and more of a challenge.

But you have to be geared for this stuff. If you are running teams in G8 and even G9 gear, the AI is gonna mop the floor with your squad. Not to mention, everyone now has a choice to either farm mods or farm shards. If you don't farm mods and get beat in arena or Gws, then it's nobodies fault but your own. So don't complain about mods if your team isn't ready to face fully modded teams. Go farm your mods to even out the playing field and quit demanding more nerfs cause you have a weak squad/setup/mods/gear or not using the correct abilities when it's your turn.