Character Strategy- CC-2224 “Cody”

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    New raid will prolly have better mods anyway
  • Durrun wrote: »
    image_zpscdavrd66.png

On maxed out rank 10 Arena IG86 WITHOUT Anakin lead so that's just about 13.5-14k if ani had been leading
    image_zpsqytfo2ee.png
    Edit
    Did it maxed out arena rank 8 Royal gaurd WITH Ani lead
    I lost 14 ranks to prove that for ya @Darth_Jay77 XD

I missed ths earlier post from you @Durrun . Wow, 14K on RG is impressive. I've been hitting the Mod challenges pretty hard and I just cant get any lottery tickets with meaningful crit damage buffs. I would love to run Sarge, damage aside his 50% TM reduction is so sweet, especially with how quick the clones can be. Until I cannget his crit damage mods up I feel like hes a liability to me, I do better with 5s. 5s called Cody for an assist and hit for 12k. Each call in from 5s is a 5digit crit plus his HP.

I ran with Cody lead, Rex, Echo, 5s, RG and crushed the top Old Ben team on our server, see how it holds up overnight.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    How's the droid population in your arena? Don't get me wrong I'm a huge supporter of 5s in everything but I cite sarges TM reduc as one of the biggest advantages against droid teams. I finish most matches against droids with protection bar left on all but echo usually. After the JE buffs all the droids to 100% my sarge takes em down to 50% lol XD
    How's the droid population in your arena? Don't get me wrong I'm a huge supporter of 5s in everything but I cite sarges TM reduc as one of the biggest advantages against droid teams. I finish most matches against droids with protection bar left on all but echo usually. After the JE buffs all the droids to 100% my sarge takes em down to 50% lol XD

Droid teams are non-existent for the most part. We had 2 that would make it into the top 10 on occassion but I think theyve quit. The meta is mostly Evasion, Phasma, Teebo, other.

I love Sarge, just dont think mine is quite there yet, need some more mods. His TM reduction is good, great way to slow teams down.
  • @Durrun I scratched some lottery tickets and I got my crit damage Mod and Im seeing 13.5k crits on basic, though best AOE was 5.5k. But his AOE combined with JKA and Echo is pretty sweet.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Nice grats @Darth_Jay77 he's a beast when modded out to max :) how's Cody treating you? Current lineup?
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    @Darth_Jay77 update on my sarge. Found a mod with almost 100 offence as secondary stat. I now hit 15.5 to 16k crits with Ani lead.
    Hit 20k on a 5555 assist
    @Darth_Jay77 update on my sarge. Found a mod with almost 100 offence as secondary stat. I now hit 15.5 to 16k crits with Ani lead.
    Hit 20k on a 5555 assist

**** thats sick, I havent seen a Mod like that yet. I have some bigger offense stats but not 100. What type and shape is that mod?

My current squad is Cody lead, Sarge, Rex, Echo, RG. The squad needs a tank, I dropped to 13 overnight with JKA squad (no tank). I figure Cody helps Sarge and the squad in general. I need to get Echo some speed, waiting for him to come around to debuff the taunt is hurting me.

Whats your current squad?
    @Durrun
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Let Cody drop for current time till I got more cash lol. Holding top 3 at payout and dropping to 15 overnight with
    Rex L (gear 11 all slots full)
    5555 (gear 10 all slots full)
    Sarge (gear 10 missing furnace)
    Echo (gear 9 Yikes!)
    RG (gear 10 missing scanner)

Trying to gear up Anakin but note sure who I'll have to toss... RG is just such great protector and good synergy with Ani's passive but all other clones I need badly

Think I won the mod lottery lol
    image_zpsnh0hxhcu.png

Also just checked.... I am the ONLY person in the top 200 on my shard who runs more than 2 clones
    Post edited by Durrun on
    Let Cody drop for current time till I got more cash lol. Holding top 3 at payout and dropping to 15 overnight with
    Rex L (gear 11 all slots full)
    5555 (gear 10 all slots full)
    Sarge (gear 10 missing furnace)
    Echo (gear 9 Yikes!)
    RG (gear 10 missing scanner)

Trying to gear up Anakin but note sure who I'll have to toss... RG is just such great protector and good synergy with Ani's passive but all other clones I need badly

Think I won the mod lottery lol
    image_zpsnh0hxhcu.png

Also just checked.... I am the ONLY person in the top 200 on my shard who runs more than 2 clones

It's funny but I realized today I'm missing the Omega for Sarge's passive, should have that tomorrow.

JKA is really a good lead option here but the question is definitely "who comes out for RG?" I don't have an answer for that one yet. The lead spot is kind of a struggle to be honest.

Rex: I think helps with survivability to the group a little and gives TM
    Cody: Adds to the group's damage, good synergy with Sarge
    JKA: Good damage buff for the group, has his own utility and a nasty AOE

Problem: This squad needs a tank. Unless you can get some major Crit Damage Mods so that you hit so hard and fast with Cody and Sarge that it doesn't matter. Not sure what the answer is...

@Durrun
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Same pickle, been trying multiple things, I might do differently than what's standard on a clone squad since my meta on server is all Rey, RG and ST Han. Thinkin kill em with crits before they act might indeed be the answer. Gonna test dps with a crit dmg bonus on sarge later for fun
    Same pickle, been trying multiple things, I might do differently than what's standard on a clone squad since my meta on server is all Rey, RG and ST Han. Thinkin kill em with crits before they act might indeed be the answer. Gonna test dps with a crit dmg bonus on sarge later for fun

Yeah I'm going to look for some mods with Speed for Echo so I don't get locked into a Taunt for too long. Searching for Crit Damage mods for the others at this point. Sarge and Cody actually give themselves TM pretty easily and Rex's lead helps a little too. I guess that's why I'm surprised Echo is still so slow with Rex lead. Oh well, it is what it is.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Concerning the actual type of mod, hp crit etc, tested a few and by removing all my hp set mods sarge loses 3k hp.... So that starts me farming crit chance and crit damage sets
    Concerning the actual type of mod, hp crit etc, tested a few and by removing all my hp set mods sarge loses 3k hp.... So that starts me farming crit chance and crit damage sets

So they fixed JKA's leader ability bug today making him a little more effective as a leader against Evasion squads. Sarge does good damage, will be better once I have his passive Omega'd tomorrow, so he's hard to drop. Rex is needed especially for Old Ben which my server has more than I care to mention, and Cody is the focal point, so he stays. LOL. Maybe JKA just needs to go into non-Cody squad.
  • @Durrun
    Here's my latest update on my squad. I finished at 3 last night, got sniped at the last second. I changed my team to the following, Rex lead, Cody, Echo, Sarge, ST Han with all max gear. This squad is pretty solid. Bad RNG with dodges definitely hurts the squad but I can generally takeout one person pretty quick. Turns usually go something like...

Rex -> Tenacity up
    Echo -> basic on Rey
    Sarge -> basic on Rey to reduce her protection and give him offense up.
    Cody -> Assist on Rey, usually dead after that or close to it.

Then usually I get Sarge back and do his AOE to remove TM. Sometimes QGJ will go before I taunt with ST Han and he removes Tenacity from somebody and then I'm free to taunt. If not, then Sarge usually knocks his TM down far enough to where it doesn't matter and I can switch targets to him. I left that team overnight and fell to 12 which isn't too bad. The two best Old Ben squads on my server fell to 8 and 9, so for me to have a non-meta squad and be at 12, I felt pretty good about that. I also got Sarge's passive Omega'd now, so getting offense up is more consistent now. I would really like to have Cody as lead but I feel like the speed the Clones get from somebody getting crit'd is pretty good. With Cody and the Clones in general being so fragile, I think speed is important.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    @Darth_Jay77
    I'm actually dropping a lot and I'm unhappy about it. Running Rex lead, Sarge, 5555, Echo and RG drop from 3 to 28 last night.. I think the problem is clones don't do well vs evades and ST Han is deadly. My server is FULL of those. image_zps5byw3hqu.png

Couple droids up top so Rex lead is a must but the next 100 spots is all Dooku, Ben and Phasma... I'm the ONLY person running clones in the top 200 so it might be that I have a unique team people want to face, or I might be getting Han stomped when echo blows dispel on Rey Forsight. Considering swapping in Sun Fac for RG just to test it out but I think he's vulnerable to dispel.
    I've let my Cody drop for the time being as I can't have him in my arena due to the meta on my server. I'd love to use ani but mine isn't ready yet and who do you drop? Maybe RG but I fear it's too weak on dispel. I'll climb back to 1-5 at payout no issue but it'll cost me a refresh to do it
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Durrun wrote: »
    @Darth_Jay77
    I'm actually dropping a lot and I'm unhappy about it. Running Rex lead, Sarge, 5555, Echo and RG drop from 3 to 28 last night.. I think the problem is clones don't do well vs evades and ST Han is deadly. My server is FULL of those. image_zps5byw3hqu.png

Couple droids up top so Rex lead is a must but the next 100 spots is all Dooku, Ben and Phasma... I'm the ONLY person running clones in the top 200 so it might be that I have a unique team people want to face, or I might be getting Han stomped when echo blows dispel on Rey Forsight. Considering swapping in Sun Fac for RG just to test it out but I think he's vulnerable to dispel.
    I've let my Cody drop for the time being as I can't have him in my arena due to the meta on my server. I'd love to use ani but mine isn't ready yet and who do you drop? Maybe RG but I fear it's too weak on dispel. I'll climb back to 1-5 at payout no issue but it'll cost me a refresh to do it

Interesting. I need to see a video of how the squad works on defense. Maybe I can get a friend of mine that runs a typical Old Ben squad to take a video. I imagine Rey just goes crazy on the clone squad because of their health. I had always wonder about Poe as a tank assuming you can boost his Potency. That immediate 25% drop in TM is big plus Exposing others. I'll keep playing with it to see how it goes. How do you think SunFac would do? Problem is he's slow and easy to CC.

I finally got my last furnace for Cody too, Clones are finally done.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    @Darth_Jay77
    Grats and update I got WIPED hardcore 3 times by a team on defence... Wiped the frack out I've never seen anything like it. Havnt lost on offence but a few times with my team, but 3 times babk to back on the same squad is unheard of.
    His squad
    Ani Lead
    Rey
    Qui gon
    And Frickin Sun Fac

I've never had this degree of trouble with anything on clones.
    Rey opens her traditional 18k hit
    I start focusing her then ani uses aoe and gives offence, after that I'm basically dead, qui gon assists and drops echo, sun Fac taunts and I'm locked into it without echo, Rey starts blasting me and then Fukin ani comes in with a 14k basic every now and then. Lose 3 of my guts before I drop sun Fac. It's crazy.

UPDATE got en but Hoover dam that was a close fight, highly considering sun Fac now, the double tank with counter setup of 5555 and Sun that I was left to fight every round killed everyone who was left but my own 5s... Who only survived by having 15% lifesteal over his 5s 10%... Was that close on OFFENCE
    @Darth_Jay77
    Grats and update I got WIPED hardcore 3 times by a team on defence... Wiped the frack out I've never seen anything like it. Havnt lost on offence but a few times with my team, but 3 times babk to back on the same squad is unheard of.
    His squad
    Ani Lead
    Rey
    Qui gon
    And Frickin Sun Fac

I've never had this degree of trouble with anything on clones.
    Rey opens her traditional 18k hit
    I start focusing her then ani uses aoe and gives offence, after that I'm basically dead, qui gon assists and drops echo, sun Fac taunts and I'm locked into it without echo, Rey starts blasting me and then Fukin ani comes in with a 14k basic every now and then. Lose 3 of my guts before I drop sun Fac. It's crazy.

UPDATE got en but Hoover dam that was a close fight, highly considering sun Fac now, the double tank with counter setup of 5555 and Sun that I was left to fight every round killed everyone who was left but my own 5s... Who only survived by having 15% lifesteal over his 5s 10%... Was that close on OFFENCE

@Durrun

Interesting. Who do you drop for 5's? Cody or Echo? Cody is fun and cool, Echo has the big assists but his debuff is unneeded with SF. I do like the thought of SF here because if your Rex goes first with Tenacity buff, then SF gets TM too which helps keep him from being stunned and helps his speed a little in that first turn.

I got the replay of my squad on defense... PART of the problem is that Cody uses his Canon AOE first instead of his 212th Attack. That is a huge problem because aside from the big damage it does, it sets the tempo for the Clone squad because then Sarge should gain 50% TM from his basic or from Echo, Cody should be getting back 50% TM, Rex does decent damage and steals TM. That attack really puts the pressure on the other squad. The AOE is more of a finisher I think than it is a setup attack.

Replay: https://youtu.be/Vh0oiHtTlPA
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Ouch, ask him what he uses to record I can't find anything that works, also I think a big issue is ST Han for clones anyway, if echo missed dispel you're toast. You might swap Cody off squad overnight. For my lineup I might try the defensive
    Rex
    Sarge
    Cody
    Sun Fac in place of echo

Or hyper aggressive
    Ani
    Sarge
    Rex
    Echo
  • @CG_Kozispoon

Thanks for creating this thread. I've done probably over 70 arena matches in the last week and I have some feedback on Cody.

1. Would your team consider changing his AI so 212th Attack goes first? When Cody is in the squad that ability is so key because it deals Rey-esq damage and creates tempo for the Clones. The AT-AT Canon going first is not useful as a first ability. This would honestly be a huge huge update to him if this is possible.

2. His overall damage is pretty good and the TM gain he gets on his basic is pretty sweet, especially in the first 2 turns, synergizes well with the other Clones. His Potency is bad which reduces the value of is AOE but I imagine we just need to find Mods with Potency to improve that.

3. Cody's Health: First let's look at all of the Clones, excluding CT-5555 (summing Health & Protection, base stats only with no Mods)
    - Cody: 19K
    - Rex: 27.7K
    - Echo: 26.4K
    - Clone Sargent: 26.3K

Not counting Cody the average HP is 26.8K which puts Cody at about a 30% deficit as compared to his squad-mates. The argument can be made that his 212th Attack is strong and the low HP balances him, but it doesn't make sense if you look at other characters with similar or even great damage. Rey for instance without Mods could hit for close to 20K with Furry of Blows and she has 22.7K HP AND two very consistent means of gaining Foresight which is invaluable. Within the Clone squad themselves, Rex's special can total for 5-digit damage easily and Clone Sargent's BASIC attack easily hits for 12K to 13.5K and offense up is easy to get with an Omega in his passive ability (thanks @Durrun ). His leader grants him a little survivability but in the testing I've done it's a marginal boost at best, not to mention Rex truly adds more synergy to the squad as leader; Rex needs to be the Clone squad leader. Thematically, they're all Clones and should be similar in survivability. Okay maybe that's a stretch but I'm trying to make a good point. LOL!

Even with good tier 5 HP Mods I think you can only get him right around 30K. But with Modded Rey's using Leverage and hitting for a little over 20K and Furry of Blows is awful close to 30K, IG86's assist is not far off from Rey, IG88 is an animal, and of course Modded Leias can double-tap for around 20K and a triple-tap is very close to 30K. With Cody's current AI and total Health, he runs the risk of becoming underutilized for reasons similar to Darth Maul (very poor survivability) and Cody was just released and is still in Chromium. Your team did an awesome job on Cody's kit and the Order-66 graphic was brilliant. Cody is seriously a fun character to play which is why I care enough to write this up in the first place. Please consider some of my comments regarding Cody. Thanks - J
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Ouch, ask him what he uses to record I can't find anything that works, also I think a big issue is ST Han for clones anyway, if echo missed dispel you're toast. You might swap Cody off squad overnight. For my lineup I might try the defensive
    Rex
    Sarge
    Cody
    Sun Fac in place of echo

Or hyper aggressive
    Ani
    Sarge
    Rex
    Echo

I like both builds. I've tried your hyper-aggressive build and I've wiped out meta teams with all 5 still standing. The problem I ran into with that squad were opposing squads that had a max 5's. Your team should be fairly low HP at that point and their 5's will have most of his HP still and will wreck all of them or it'll come down to a very close 5's vs 5's duel. That first squad looks cool, I may give that a go as well. Echo adds some nice damage but you're not going to pull off too many matches with multiple 212th Attacks and with SF clearing buffs & taunts it could workout. Just need to get Squad Discipline up right away. If that squad does work well I might Omega Rex's Squad Discipline to keep the Tenacity for a 3rd turn. I may do it anyway as sometimes Old Ben gets delayed too long by Sarges TM cut and uses Mind Tricks once Tenacity has faded. LOL

@Durrun

If you have an Android go into Google Play and you should be able to select SWGOH with a record option.
    Ouch, ask him what he uses to record I can't find anything that works

Android user here: I typically use "AZ Screen Recorder" to record my videos on my phone, but I recently got my phone stolen... so I am now using "MEmu" PC Android emulator to play, and I recorded this particular video with its built-in video recorder.

If you are an iPhone user - I can't help out with that, sorry!

• @CG_Kozispoon

Thanks for creating this thread. I've done probably over 70 arena matches in the last week and I have some feedback on Cody.

1. Would your team consider changing his AI so 212th Attack goes first? When Cody is in the squad that ability is so key because it deals Rey-esq damage and creates tempo for the Clones. The AT-AT Canon going first is not useful as a first ability. This would honestly be a huge huge update to him if this is possible.

2. His overall damage is pretty good and the TM gain he gets on his basic is pretty sweet, especially in the first 2 turns, synergizes well with the other Clones. His Potency is bad which reduces the value of is AOE but I imagine we just need to find Mods with Potency to improve that.

3. Cody's Health: First let's look at all of the Clones, excluding CT-5555 (summing Health & Protection, base stats only with no Mods)

Not counting Cody the average HP is 26.8K which puts Cody at about a 30% deficit as compared to his squad-mates. The argument can be made that his 212th Attack is strong and the low HP balances him, but it doesn't make sense if you look at other characters with similar or even great damage. Rey for instance without Mods could hit for close to 20K with Furry of Blows and she has 22.7K HP AND two very consistent means of gaining Foresight which is invaluable. Within the Clone squad themselves, Rex's special can total for 5-digit damage easily and Clone Sargent's BASIC attack easily hits for 12K to 13.5K and offense up is easy to get with an Omega in his passive ability (thanks @Durrun ). His leader grants him a little survivability but in the testing I've done it's a marginal boost at best, not to mention Rex truly adds more synergy to the squad as leader; Rex needs to be the Clone squad leader. Thematically, they're all Clones and should be similar in survivability. Okay maybe that's a stretch but I'm trying to make a good point. LOL!

Even with good tier 5 HP Mods I think you can only get him right around 30K. But with Modded Rey's using Leverage and hitting for a little over 20K and Furry of Blows is awful close to 30K, IG86's assist is not far off from Rey, IG88 is an animal, and of course Modded Leias can double-tap for around 20K and a triple-tap is very close to 30K. With Cody's current AI and total Health, he runs the risk of becoming underutilized for reasons similar to Darth Maul (very poor survivability) and Cody was just released and is still in Chromium. Your team did an awesome job on Cody's kit and the Order-66 graphic was brilliant. Cody is seriously a fun character to play which is why I care enough to write this up in the first place. Please consider some of my comments regarding Cody. Thanks - J

@CG_Kozispoon More testing today and noticed that with 4 of the clones, not 5s, his 212th doesnt really hit that hard. Against an equally modded QGJ thenassist didnt even remove his protection bar and barely broke into Reys HP bar. No reason for Codys Health to be so low. After 15 matches today Ive had enough fun, Cody is coming out until. Makes me sad, fun character, kind of have buyer's remorse.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Aww Jay benching Cody for now? :/ was hoping you'd find a way to make him work, still excellent for raids though
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Aww Jay benching Cody for now? :/ was hoping you'd find a way to make him work, still excellent for raids though

Not much you can do when multiple DPS can kill him before he moves and should he survive, his assist doesnt do enough damage. The squad with 5s and SunFac got murdered as SunFac is just too slow. Its frustrating because Cody has a really cool kit, but he needs either more damage or more HP, more potency couldnt hurt or just remove the stun from his AT-AT and add more damage.

Part of it some players get super lucky with the seconday mod stats, which dont even get me started on that issue.

Raids... I like raiding dont get me wrong, but Ill use farmable characters for that, not paying for characters only available in raids. I spend 50 to 100 crystals a day on arena because thats whats fun for me. Trying new squads (not a meta player) and strategies, thats why I buy characters.
  • Alright, got caught up in a moment of despair. Bottom line, Cody is cool as hell but has 2 pretty big shortcomings that affect him for arena, his AI and his total health (hp & protection). He could afford to hit a little harder or reduce the damage penalty a little on 212th Attack, love to see a potency buff so that stun is semi useful. Overall CG did a really good job on Cody and an AI adjustment and +25% - 30% total health makes him pretty viable in arena I think. For now teams with him will struggle in my opinion.

Its kind of blasphemous to consider this pairing, but B2 would be fun with 4 other Clones. Wish he was in shipments so I could finish him.

@Durrun
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @EA_Jesse
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Interesting concept, have you tried him with phasma just for fun? XD bonus attack bonanza. But ya I agree if perhaps his leader ability gave him 10% hp per clone and not defence he'd be viable but I hadn't even geared him up all the way before I had to drop him on my server... Super cool character it's a real Shame he's lacking in either hp or damage. What you running now?
    I'm sticking with my Rex and Company minus Cody but with RG
    Moving towards ani with 4 clones to see how that holds up when my ani is more than gear 8
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon

This is solid feedback. However, I doubt many people read this section at all. Make a post of it in the general discussion and feedback section. I think this would give it more traction if you can get more cody users to share their feedback.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Leaving team overnight, Ani, Rex, 5555, Sarge, Echo... See how far I drop @Darth_Jay77