Character Strategy- CC-2224 “Cody”

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    If he's slower than you and you inflict a debuff he'lol cleanse it as soon as there is one. To my knowledge he only uses it when there is a debuff currently
  • Ah that must be what it was but I will try again next time I'm able to play again him. I would love to throw my all clone team in arena but they just get destroyed. Oh well I still use them in GW and that's pretty fun.
  • Yes, he lol's right before he uses cleanse.
  • Soooo. Anyone had any bright ideas on how to make Cody relevant in the last week?? :-)

I've got him G9. Just getting him to 10. He's so greedy for gear. Hoping he gets a buff soon to make it all worth it!
  • Soooo. Anyone had any bright ideas on how to make Cody relevant in the last week?? :-)

I've got him G9. Just getting him to 10. He's so greedy for gear. Hoping he gets a buff soon to make it all worth it!

In Rancor yes, Arena no. I can't hang in the top-20 with the team that he needs to do well. Unfortunately Cody's leader ability almost requires that he be the leader and if you put him as non-lead he gets blown-up. Not to mention his 212th Attack really almost requires that you have 4 to 5 Clones to be useful and a Clone squad with that many Clones is not viable. Then there's the Rex issue with his AI. Having him viable for Raiding is cool but I would NEVER buy a toon for raiding when there are plenty of good (some better) for raiding. It's all about Arena, so until some changes get made to both Cody and the Clones in-general, they're incredibly limited in my mind.

A couple guys in the Galactic Clone thread said they've done very well with the Clone squad and don't even drop out of the top-15. That's really awesome but I have to think the overnight activity or quality of the activity is rather low. My Clone squads always get knocked back into the 20's and even my better non-Clone squads land between 10 and 15 usually overnight. I know @Durrun has been getting knocked back into the 30's lately with his squads.
  • Running all 5 clones, Rex lead. I usually wake up to rank 30-40 and crawl my way back under rank 20 by the evening. The guys at rank 15 and up I honestly started losing too on offense even - I'm sure I haven't ever won a defensive battle lol. As much as I'd like to play less of an RNG game with Cody's survival, Without Rex lead, life is much harder against all the teams doing so much more damage than the clones. Cody being squishy has been better than a high defense cody with less HP and TM for the other 4.
  • Mewingloki wrote: »
    Running all 5 clones, Rex lead. I usually wake up to rank 30-40 and crawl my way back under rank 20 by the evening. The guys at rank 15 and up I honestly started losing too on offense even - I'm sure I haven't ever won a defensive battle lol. As much as I'd like to play less of an RNG game with Cody's survival, Without Rex lead, life is much harder against all the teams doing so much more damage than the clones. Cody being squishy has been better than a high defense cody with less HP and TM for the other 4.

My experience with Cody lead with all 5 Clones has been interesting. The whole squad does more damage because of his crit bonus and 212th attack's cooldown is less because of it too. But again, you're running all 5 Clones and it's just not good. Using teams to hang in the top-15 and finish top-3 is getting boring because you're limited and aside from Rex the Clones aren't much of an option. I'd like to say that I'd just play what's fun but the crystals and arena shards are too good to give up on. :/
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Mewingloki wrote: »
    Running all 5 clones, Rex lead. I usually wake up to rank 30-40 and crawl my way back under rank 20 by the evening. The guys at rank 15 and up I honestly started losing too on offense even - I'm sure I haven't ever won a defensive battle lol. As much as I'd like to play less of an RNG game with Cody's survival, Without Rex lead, life is much harder against all the teams doing so much more damage than the clones. Cody being squishy has been better than a high defense cody with less HP and TM for the other 4.

My experience with Cody lead with all 5 Clones has been interesting. The whole squad does more damage because of his crit bonus and 212th attack's cooldown is less because of it too. But again, you're running all 5 Clones and it's just not good. Using teams to hang in the top-15 and finish top-3 is getting boring because you're limited and aside from Rex the Clones aren't much of an option. I'd like to say that I'd just play what's fun but the crystals and arena shards are too good to give up on. :/

Oh i hear ya! I've resigned myself to being happy as long as I can sneak into the top 20 haha - I simply cannot bring myself to care about a Rey, STH, or QGJ of my own xD. Once I stop breaking 20 I'll have to reconsider some things I guess.

I had a couple lucky top 10 finishes a couple weeks back however there a couple droid compositions I've started losing to on offense (the ones that have 88 go later so I can't feed off the AOe turn meter gain) and the palpatine teams are 50/50 depending on how good their mods are (if palpy is faster than my rex). And then there are the 2 tank teams....with only a single echo grenade per battle, I just straight up avoid them. With paly teams beginning to saturate the top 20 my viable offensive targets are dwindling lol.

That said I'm currently gearing Anakin and Plo koon to play around with. Might drop to 4 clones or 3 even at the current rate. If i pull more than 1 clone, Cody will definitely be out unfortunately. His 212th attack, even with 5 clones, already totals up for less than a crit from ayla or anakin lol (or a lot of other characters that have 2-2.5 times his total HP).

Oh i hear ya! I've resigned myself to being happy as long as I can sneak into the top 20 haha - I simply cannot bring myself to care about a Rey, STH, or QGJ of my own xD. Once I stop breaking 20 I'll have to reconsider some things I guess.

I had a couple lucky top 10 finishes a couple weeks back however there a couple droid compositions I've started losing to on offense (the ones that have 88 go later so I can't feed off the AOe turn meter gain) and the palpatine teams are 50/50 depending on how good their mods are (if palpy is faster than my rex). And then there are the 2 tank teams....with only a single echo grenade per battle, I just straight up avoid them. With paly teams beginning to saturate the top 20 my viable offensive targets are dwindling lol.

That said I'm currently gearing Anakin and Plo koon to play around with. Might drop to 4 clones or 3 even at the current rate. If i pull more than 1 clone, Cody will definitely be out unfortunately. His 212th attack, even with 5 clones, already totals up for less than a crit from ayla or anakin lol (or a lot of other characters that have 2-2.5 times his total HP).

Plo Koon is interesting to me and I keep thinking about him. I've found double-tank teams to be difficult without SunFac in my team because Echo's cooldown is so long. PK would be pretty useful for RG squads that have STH or SF.

Plo Koon is interesting to me and I keep thinking about him. I've found double-tank teams to be difficult without SunFac in my team because Echo's cooldown is so long. PK would be pretty useful for RG squads that have STH or SF.

Yeah, every time I read through his abilities I realize every single one of them has a desirable effect. Repeatable dispel, offense down, defense up and free turn for clones. That said I've never seen a Plo in the arena.....so maybe they all just sound good - hoping to try him for myself soon if the raid gear would come back around the shipment store lol....
  • Trouble is Plo's offence down doesn't stick
  • Well... we all have access to B2 now.. that could be pretty huge. Every time a Clone gets hit there's a chance of proccing B2. He dispels and prevents additional buffs, pretty sick.
  • Kemmyn wrote: »
    Trouble is Plo's offence down doesn't stick

He needs Potency mods. Honestly though Id rather see that become a taunt or removed for a passive taunt.
  • Kemmyn wrote: »
    Trouble is Plo's offence down doesn't stick

He needs Potency mods. Honestly though Id rather see that become a taunt or removed for a passive taunt.

Potency aside, the 55% chance bit probably messes up a lot of the application before you even get to make a potency check. I second the taunt/passive taunt!
  • Hey @Darth_Jay77 ... would cody be any good starting in P1 of the rancor raid? Typically i use a team of

Rex, QGJ, Sarge, Echo and Fives

I was thinking that removing echo and replacing with cody lead could be pretty cool... when you do the 212 you would get QGJ and rex to assist reducing TM. However echo is nice to use in P1 because even though each attack the the commander gives him 5% TM, echo gives 20% TM to one of his team, so you do get a net increase, also the echo heal as well helps to keep the team at full life if an attack does happen.

To be honest I usually use cody in an anakin team on P2/P3, so JKA(L), Cody, Echo, Fives, Sarge. But the thought had struck me that he may be useful in P1 - what are your thoughts?

• Hey @Darth_Jay77 ... would cody be any good starting in P1 of the rancor raid? Typically i use a team of

Rex, QGJ, Sarge, Echo and Fives

I was thinking that removing echo and replacing with cody lead could be pretty cool... when you do the 212 you would get QGJ and rex to assist reducing TM. However echo is nice to use in P1 because even though each attack the the commander gives him 5% TM, echo gives 20% TM to one of his team, so you do get a net increase, also the echo heal as well helps to keep the team at full life if an attack does happen.

To be honest I usually use cody in an anakin team on P2/P3, so JKA(L), Cody, Echo, Fives, Sarge. But the thought had struck me that he may be useful in P1 - what are your thoughts?

Yes, the Clones are very good in P1; I clear it regularly. Cody lead, Rex, 5s, Sarge, QGJ.

-Omega Rex basic, potency mod helps
    -Sarge, needs potency because his AOE is excellent when it lands on the Captain
    -QGJ, basic ability most of the time and giving offense from a guard
  • So I currently use a full clone team minus Sergeant in favor of Sun Fac. Should I make Cody lead? Or leave Rex in the lead toon spot?
  • BigBP wrote: »
    So I currently use a full clone team minus Sergeant in favor of Sun Fac. Should I make Cody lead? Or leave Rex in the lead toon spot?

Sarge is really your DPS so you should keep him and drop Echo if you run SunFac.
  • Ok, but who would then replace Echo's slot, Clone Sergeant?
  • Rex lead, cody, sarge, 5s, sunfac. Not sure how good itll be but Sarge is a pretty important Clone. Damage and TM control.
  • Ah ok. I guess I'll invest more time in Seargeant then lol He's just so hard to farm lol
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    He's so worth it @BigBP rivals Rey for damage and TM control is insane.
  • Waaah, rivals Rey for damage?!?!*rushes to go farm him*
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    I thought I'd share some results since the latest update. I've run full clones with cody as the lead and geared him for flat defense through secondaries. He has just under 300 armor modded which brings his armor to just over 1000 with the full clone bonus. I'm estimating close to 70% damage reduction.

https://youtu.be/ILyyleG-ltk

https://youtu.be/MTAr8gDofH8

https://youtu.be/AzT1cK4uNLk
  • @Josh_K How was your experience using him, is he viable?
  • @Josh_K How do they defend? How are the other 4 modded?
  • Sathay
    16 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I can confirm in offense They are good. On defense i Fell from rank 1 to 11 with 1 hour left to payout. So I switched back to my regulär team
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Defense was not as good as I hoped, considering I can hold 1st overnight using the same mods on a rex led wiggs EP team. Fell to 8. Gonna try a few subs and see.
    Post edited by Josh_K on
  • Josh_K wrote: »
    Defense was not as good as I hoped, considering I can hold 1st overnight using the same mods on a red led wiggs EP team. Fell to 8. Gonna try a few subs and see.

How did you mod Rex and Sarge?
  • rxYwPZD.jpg
    pCgGPAx.jpg

Rex is modded with 2 potency sets and 2 defense sets (defense because they have good speed secondaries)

CSP1 is modded with CD set and potency set.