Delete stale posts

Asic
1146 posts Member
edited July 2016
There are thousands of posts on this forum. Maybe some of the older stale ones should get deleted to avoid them being brought back to life? Maybe the mods could do that, given they do seem very active on the forums?

Just a suggestion.

Replies

• Maybe just auto-closed after a period - maybe 60 days?
  • Nah, it's not that big of a deal. Sometimes it's nice to see the old issues from the past. Just my opinion.
  • The mods are lacking the credits to reach the level where they can delete so many posts....
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    The mods are lacking the credits to reach the level where they can delete so many posts....
    A human mod or the new mod from game you are talking about?
  • Delete duplicate and repetitive threads.
  • Deleting removes post count which some people care about. Besides if people search for topics they have more to read. And also google search works for forum so they get more hits. So they wont just delete inapropriate stuff

(Was a mod on a couple forums before)
    Yes Yoda is worth farming
  • you actually drive up the number of useless posts doing this because of new players looking for answers to asked and answered questions. I am not sure how many new players there are going to be though
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Nightlores wrote: »
    The mods are lacking the credits to reach the level where they can delete so many posts....
    A human mod or the new mod from game you are talking about?

It was a hint for both ;)
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    Maybe just auto-closed after a period - maybe 60 days?

Or if they just asked there player base by polls and freedom to post on that poll page would minimise posts let everyone get there ideas out and help develop a game we all enjoy and is more organised a more efficient method in my opnion
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Can start with deleting this thread.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Actually, incase missed, the lame OP was responding to this post from community manager that it's not appropriate to raise old threads.

Why have old threads if they will be closed simply because of being brought back?
    Why don't the moderators of this forum moderate and delete old threads that are said to be not worth bringing back to discuss?
    Why does a community manager close this thread and not respond to the other plethora of more important forum posts?

Discuss.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/572945/#Comment_572945
  • They are too busy trying to delete and censor anything that portrays them negatively, even if we use their words as facts to back up our statements.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Asic wrote: »
    There are thousands of posts on this forum. Maybe some of the older stale ones should get deleted to avoid them being brought back to life? Maybe the mods could do that, given they do seem very active on the forums?

Just a suggestion.

Hey thanks for that appreciation there bro. Click my feed if you ever want to see how active I am, and I'm an irregular person.

I like the idea of deleting old post, and I wish you could see the trash bin for this place haha. But that wouldn't stop traffic on the front page of General. Pipe dreams my friend. Usually, it's better to merge things, so you'll see lots of megathreads. I remember when there were just under 2k posts in general. Man.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107