What doesn't need nerfing?

I know more than a few of us are getting a little irritated at the constant "nerf this" threads, it seems nearly everything needs a nerf if you was to ask everyone, even completely balanced characters and even underpowered ones are being called upon for nerfs.

So what doesn't need a nerf? By the sounds of it, the list is far shorter. If so many things do require a nerf, than perhaps the answer is to buff those things that don't require nerfing?

Characters dealing too much dmg? Buff the way defense and resistance works.

Fast characters ending fights before they begin? Drastically buff the hp, defense and tenacity of slower characters.

AOE dealing too much dmg? I wonder what could fix this, perhaps buffing defense and resistance again.

There seems to be a theme here, all these (and more) that need nerfing, seem to have the same one solution.

So again, instead of looking to nerf everything, why not just buff the aspects that would counter the current issues.

It would take far less time and work, time and work that could instead be used to release new content, fix bugs, release new characters etc.

Replies

• Holaa_derron
    62 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Being able to post nerfing threads, needs a nerf. Lol. I agree.

The game is balanced. The best overall competitive characters are easily farmed. The greatest characters that give you a slight advantage, are luck of the draw, based on how much you draw. The concept of the game holds true, you can compete either way, with a moderate amount of time/money input.

I would agree with you on this and suggest only focusing on toons and stats that do not function as intended. Its better to move toward more synergy options for farmable teams, and a balanced stat system. Just because a toon is presently overpowered is a temporary issue, and a nerf wastes time. I compete at a resonable level and could care less about loosing a match, but if I farm or buy a toon I like, I want them to be consistent.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    I know more than a few of us are getting a little irritated at the constant "nerf this" threads, it seems nearly everything needs a nerf if you was to ask everyone, even completely balanced characters and even underpowered ones are being called upon for nerfs.

So what doesn't need a nerf? By the sounds of it, the list is far shorter. If so many things do require a nerf, than perhaps the answer is to buff those things that don't require nerfing?

Characters dealing too much dmg? Buff the way defense and resistance works.

Fast characters ending fights before they begin? Drastically buff the hp, defense and tenacity of slower characters.

AOE dealing too much dmg? I wonder what could fix this, perhaps buffing defense and resistance again.

There seems to be a theme here, all these (and more) that need nerfing, seem to have the same one solution.

So again, instead of looking to nerf everything, why not just buff the aspects that would counter the current issues.

It would take far less time and work, time and work that could instead be used to release new content, fix bugs, release new characters etc.

If i agreed hat there was anything needing a nerf (i dont agree) i would love your idea as it would make it much simpler because your spot on.

My thoughts
    1) windu needs a buff
    2) windu needs buffed after first buff is applied
    3) completly retool windu
    4) buff windu after the retooling

Lol but seriously, i like the idea of "balancing" other aspects of the game instead of "nerf'n" particulr toons.

That said, i am an advocate of balancing mechanics where needed and minor alterations to toons as needed.

In this case some toons like leah/ventress may be bugged an need fixed. Nerf? No, but fix yes.

One thing that bugs me is that supports like phasma are slower then speedy atk'rs like dooku. This defeats the purpose of applying a buff (to a certain point at least).

I would prefer to see a model where the stronger the toons atk, the slower they are and vica versa. Also would like to see supports like phasma/poggle for example be the really speedy toons so both sides can set up buffs so each team starts the fight at optimum synergy/potential.
    This could add a strategic element and maybe pry us all away from the cookie cutters in favor of dif support combos. That model i think may favor 2x supports, 2x atk'rs and a heal/tank maybe

Just my thoughts
  • I hope the Hp buff is enough to withstand one shot of FOTP
  • Post a threat with nerf in the title?

You bet that's a paddling.....
  • You could increase the chanced to dodge aoe damage and resist it's extra effects. Make it into a gamble instead of the pretty much sure thing it is right now.
  • Windu's regular attack hits for 4500. That's pretty hard. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just wonder what specifically you think needs changing. I don't use Windu so again, definitely not saying I'm an expert. Just curious about what you think.
  • Personally I hate all the nerf talks. I'm mostly a FTP players (bought the DS starter pack in the beginning) yet I have been in the top 10 consistently on my Arena group due to the farmable characters that are well powered and balanced if you use them properly. I'm not saying there aren't things that should be tweaked, but he fastest way to alienate the fanbase - especially the money paying fanbase - is to nerf characters that they worked hard to obtain / promote...especially those they shelled out good money for (looking at you Barriss).

There certainly are non-farmable characters that can be game-changers, but realistically - at least on my arena group - they aren't extremely common even at level 60, and when I do come across them I can usually find a way to strategize my way through the match better than the AI led defensive team. I'd say almost every time someone goes witch hunting for a nerf, it's because they went up against someone who simply had better synergy / strategy than they did....or they simply got the frustrating short end of RNG (or what seems like enhanced odds of AI procs)
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    Windu's regular attack hits for 4500. That's pretty hard. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just wonder what specifically you think needs changing. I don't use Windu so again, definitely not saying I'm an expert. Just curious about what you think.

If u were asking me, its because here is what windu is (or is supposed to be)
    Tank-
    Subpar health for a tank
    No taunt
    Nothing beneficial in this category
    Basic atk-
    Meh, hes a tank, what do ya expect
    Special-
    Debuff (yea rite) he can rarely debuff 1 toon.
    Its unreliable at best
    Leader ability-
    Overly worthless since jedi specific
    Unique ability-
    Smh........just smh

The most obvious is that mace was an atk'r (the most famous jedi swordsmen ever). I say he needs a complete retooling w/ dif abilitys/power sets/etc BUT if we cant have mace the way he should be then i think we can all agree to have him the way hes supposed to be in this game

1) give him a freaking taunt
    2) respectable health pool
    3) special debuff should be AOE and debuff ALL positive effects on opponets team
    4) basic atk is fine as is except mace is a ta k so how bout a self heal like talia or ahsoka OR defence up.
    5) leader ability needs to be at least somewhat functional as in DONT limit it to Jedi so hes viable to use in areas outside of light missions
    6) his unique...... Need i even comment on this one? Allies get turn meter when he dies WHEWWHO lol so he has a uniqe thats mildly beneficial at best and only once he us dead (pretty sure we dont want our toons dead so if all goes to plan, his unique ability is 100% worthless)
    7) how bout we make him really fast to get the taunt i want him to have off BEFORE toons like FOTP/Leah start to wreck us hahahaha

Thoughts??????

I have much dif ideas for windu personally BUT wanted to stick w/ the tank theme and the current abilitys he has since thats how he was made
  • I don't like the idea that people have that an easily farmable character can't be over powered. Lumi is on 99% of teams, there isn't another character that can be bought or farmed that is as good as her. She has the best heal, she does good damage, she can silence.

She irritates me because she detracts from the game, there isn't a character that can replace her. I basically can make a team up of 4 characters because lumi is concerted onto any squad.

I don't think she needs to be nerfed, but the number of healers needs to be increased and the ones on the table need to be buffed.
  • Ugnauts don't need nerfing.
  • d3gauss wrote: »
    I don't like the idea that people have that an easily farmable character can't be over powered. Lumi is on 99% of teams, there isn't another character that can be bought or farmed that is as good as her. She has the best heal, she does good damage, she can silence.

She irritates me because she detracts from the game, there isn't a character that can replace her. I basically can make a team up of 4 characters because lumi is concerted onto any squad.

I don't think she needs to be nerfed, but the number of healers needs to be increased and the ones on the table need to be buffed.

I agree that Luminara is a good character, and one that is on most teams (including mine), but since I've been battling players in the top 20...and especially top 10 on my server group I have seen more and more teams that don't use Luminara - mostly teams that have synergy focused on droids, high attack / multiple attack, etc. As I've gone up against some of these teams I have almost considered Luminara a liability since there are many times that by the time her turn comes around she is either stunned / ability blocked, or several of my key characters are heal blocked from Sidious / IG-88 / Kylo.

Although she is a staple on many teams, I don't think she detracts from the game.
  • akositzke wrote: »
    d3gauss wrote: »
    I don't like the idea that people have that an easily farmable character can't be over powered. Lumi is on 99% of teams, there isn't another character that can be bought or farmed that is as good as her. She has the best heal, she does good damage, she can silence.

I agree that Luminara is a good character, and one that is on most teams (including mine), but since I've been battling players in the top 20...and especially top 10 on my server group I have seen more and more teams that don't use Luminara - mostly teams that have synergy focused on droids, high attack / multiple attack, etc. As I've gone up against some of these teams I have almost considered Luminara a liability since there are many times that by the time her turn comes around she is either stunned / ability blocked, or several of my key characters are heal blocked from Sidious / IG-88 / Kylo.

Although she is a staple on many teams, I don't think she detracts from the game.

Very good points. So many times has it been Luminaras turn and she silenced or most of the team is heal blocked, making her pointlessin that specific fight.