delete

Prev1
Mihai29
592 posts Member
edited October 2017
delete
Post edited by Mihai29 on

Replies

• You're not alone. I avoid them if I can. There are two fantastic droid teams in the top ten of my arena shard and I dodge them like Dooku.

And typically, they're back to back in rankings (e.g: 6&7, 8&9, 3&4) so a lot of times I'll fight the team just before them in the hopes that if I win I can vault over them.
  • Mihai29 wrote: »
    I have huge problem with this droids in arena.....they too fast....ig88 gets 2-3 turns before i can even do a move
    I dont have rg...i run st han and he gets blocked by hk and ig88
    Why they had to make this mods?......this ****...is no balance
    I run Dooku lead,sthan,rey,qgj,ig86......i have mk5 mods on qgj,rey and sthan
    Dooku and rey are g10....the rest are g11
    And i cant beat a droid team with Je ...really dissapointed about this mods
    I m forced to grind droids to keep up in arena....****

Put some tenacity mods on stHan and change doku for old Ben if you have him.
    I run a droid team and I avoid oldben + stHan teams because they are too annoying
  • I run Rex. I heart Droids
  • Wouldn't worry about it. You probably couldn't beat that team before mods either. I suspect this is the first time you encountered such a team.
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    delete
    Post edited by Mihai29 on
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Mihai29 wrote: »
    Synfreak wrote: »
    Wouldn't worry about it. You probably couldn't beat that team before mods either. I suspect this is the first time you encountered such a team.

I m afraid u wrong..maybe u are beginner...was easy for me to beat that team
    Ig 88 does 8k damage ....now with mods does 14k damage

And you also do more damage, have more hp etc, so should be same... I know it is on my shard...
    I run Rex. I heart Droids

I run droids. I heart Rex
    I have huge problem with this droids in arena.....they too fast....ig88 gets 2-3 turns before i can even do a move

It saddens my heart to see you so vexed that you can't beat every team out there with the same **** squad. It really does.
  • Synfreak
    277 posts Member
    Mihai29 wrote: »
    Wouldn't worry about it. You probably couldn't beat that team before mods either. I suspect this is the first time you encountered such a team.

He does 21k damage actually on his auto. He started at 12k whenever i faced him before mods. Never saw IG-88 do 8k damage at max gear. Droid team never got out of top 10 before mods, and nothing's changed. Super OP team and everybody points out clones or Ima Gun di when you say it. Because everybody has those toons and everybody is a whale jus like them. Lol!
  • You run dodge lead, and complain about droid speed?
  • The Droid speed comes synergy; HK lead and JE. Synergy dude... quite important, in the most cases, like marriage.
  • Bik
    12 posts Member
    Droids have been a favored child of the developers since their inception. Every update seems to bring a new synergetic Toon to the table to make them even more powerful. JE, B2, now Jawa chars. They have their own special events... Ect. Meanwhile I stupidly focused an Ewok squad who still has an omega ability ( chirpa: " all ewoks assist " ) which is useless because there are only 4 Ewoks total ( no I didn't needlessly burn an omega on this yet ). Are there any other main stream teams that fall into this criteria?

I ran into a speed modded droid squad on GW node 6 the other day ( B2, JE, 86, 88, and HK ). Took 3 full teams to wipe them because I wasn't able to attack the first 3 turns. Are they OP? Yup. Will they be stealth nerfed into mediocrity as other built toons have been ? Doubt it ( until something new which can be bought is released ).

Mark my words... If not already, speed modded droids will become the new meta.

SemperFi,
    Rebzz
  • Bik wrote: »
    Droids have been a favored child of the developers since their inception. Every update seems to bring a new synergetic Toon to the table to make them even more powerful. JE, B2, now Jawa chars. They have their own special events... Ect. Meanwhile I **** focused an Ewok squad who still has an omega ability ( chirpa: " all ewoks assist " ) which is useless because there are only 4 Ewoks total ( no I didn't needlessly burn an omega on this yet ). Are there any other main stream teams that fall into this criteria?

I ran into a speed modded droid squad on GW node 6 the other day ( B2, JE, 86, 88, and HK ). Took 3 full teams to wipe them because I wasn't able to attack the first 3 turns. Are they OP? Yup. Will they be stealth nerfed into mediocrity as other built toons have been ? Doubt it ( until something new which can be bought is released ).

Mark my words... If not already, speed modded droids will become the new meta.

SemperFi,
    Rebzz

Droids are aimed for F2P people, that's why they're the dev's "favorites". And I'm pretty sure Crit dmg modded droids will be the new meta. They get enough speed from JE and HK lead.
  • R2D2 is coming by the way. :)
  • Bik
    12 posts Member

Droids are aimed for F2P people, that's why they're the dev's "favorites". And I'm pretty sure Crit dmg modded droids will be the new meta. They get enough speed from JE and HK lead.

I'll respectfully disagree. B2 and JE are not aimed at the F2P crowd. They make the difference between "great" and " OP" droid teams.

This said, I still believe droid teams speed modded are unbeatable ( F2P teams ) without forking over serious coin. Still doesn't answer the question as to why true F2P teams are left in the dust ( aforementioned ewok example ). The recent stealth nerf of Nubian Scanners ( which decimated ewok viability ) "after" they were offered for purchase sums up the business model being utilized by the powers that be.

Rebels are the only viable F2P team which can currently compete imho. They will take a while to build though as Leia was just dropped to F2P status recently.

SemperFi,
    Rebzz

no it doesnt. Not with post-nerf mods.
  • You don't need to put speed mods on droids. JE with HK lead means they get all the TM they need from crits. Your st Han will struggle to get the hp needed to out last them, so you're going to need a different squad.

There are good squads for taking on droids and there are bad squads - yours is the latter. It has no hp and relies on dodges, getting buffs from dispelling, foresight for rey and taunt for Han. None of those things are useful against droids.
  • @Bik Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. A droid team of HK, 88, 86, JE and (STHan/RG/Nebit) is F2P. B2 really isn't necessary, though he would kick ****, just not worth the investment.
  • @Bik Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. A droid team of HK, 88, 86, JE and (STHan/RG/Nebit) is F2P. B2 really isn't necessary, though he would kick ****, just not worth the investment.

Edit: I started playing on November, haven't spent a cent, my team is HK (lead), 88, 86, JE, and ST Han. Finishing #1 at my shard almost daily for the last month. I'm seriously not trying to show off, that's ****. Just saying you can compete without money.
  • Can't even quote and edit properly, think I should call it a night.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    I run droids.

Rex wrecks me (see what I did there?).

Also lots of other shardmates say they can beat me when needed.

Sounds like it's you not droids.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Good speed mods can change most teams into being scary.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Holding rank 1 with Rex lead... The next 3 ranks below me are all droid teams... Clones > Droids
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    my mods aren't the best but they're decent.... that said I've lost on offense with my droids; they surely aren't OP (JE, b2, 86,47, 88)
    The worst squads I face have tons of health and protection to whittle through
  • ImperialTaco
    121 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I actually prefer going against droid teams. They are usually very easy to deal with compared to a dodge team. Currently running Phasma (L), STH, Leia, Savage and Fives - all with health and offense mods. The match is usually done before 2 minutes is up. Keep in mind that I also don't use lower HP characters (the exception is Leia).
  • It's called synergies OP. Don't hate. Just step your game up.
  • B2 is what makes droid teams nuts, and he's P2P. The rest are just very good, but totally beatable. Use RG. As a droid user, I clap with glee when I see a Phasma lead, with no RG.
  • Get outta here with this thread. There are like 5 droid squads in the top 100 on my shard but 90 Rey/Dooku teams. And one of those Dooku teams is gonna complain about the only ounce of variety in the arena??
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    I run Rex. I heart Droids

*chuckle*

Translation: "I paid to win and I'm winning."

Runs a Dooku led team, complains about droids being OP......

• BMC_TYT
    145 posts Member
    I run a droid team occasionally...only when I want to totally dominate!!! Look, I've almost maxed B2 and 100, and I have chosen to run 100. He is a monster and I have NO issues with NO team out there. HK lead, 88,86, and JE complete this devastating squad. And I also agree that droids don't need speed mods. They need crit damage mods. JE needs speed mods. My JE has 204 speed without bonus from ability and I'll tell you what this accomplishes for me....it keeps me going first against speed modded Rey's and any other team that is doing the same. Also, it keeps me constantly healing and enhancing my droids. And with a %203.5 crit damage on 86 and 191.5 damage on 88, any extra hits for them means game over for opponent...ANY opponent. Good Day