Seeking your advice: Which character/ability to Omega up first?

Barhebraeus
620 posts Member
edited July 2016
Hey all--I've got a quick question for the pros who've been at it longer than I: I have an arena team of Talia (leader), Nightsister Initiate, Lumi, Rey, and Royal Guard, all 7 star, level 76/77, and with maxed MK III Abilities. I'm just a few days away from earning enough Omega mats to max one of my characters' abilities and I'm not completely sure who and which ability ... though I'm leaning towards the -1 cooldown on Lumi's healing or the +15 damage on Rey's basic. What's your advice?

Replies

• Options
    That's a really, really bad arena squad, but the answer to your question is Rey (special 1), then Rey (special 2), then Rey (basic).
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    It's all about Rey. :)
    But you should look into replacing Talia, NI, & Lumi when you can.
  • Options
    I would recommend Lumi lead instead of Talia. They offer similar evasion but Lumi's heal is guaranteed instead of the 50% to gain 5% health.

To answer your question, Omega Rey's abilities first.
  • Apostilo
    137 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I would go for Rey special 2 first - Flurry of blows . Next is Leverage and last is basic. Flurry is the best Ray damage skill and normaly when she is about to use it on her second turn - Ray is already buffed and do extra damage /offence or advantage up/ - and there you want this 15 % increase first
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice guys! I realize the team could stand some improvement ... eventually I'd like to switch out NI for Leia and Talia for Phasma ... though so far this squad has kept me in the arena top 100 on my server ... and occasionally allowed me to break into the top 50 ... Anyway, thanks again!
  • Drexnaw
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys! I realize the team could stand some improvement ... eventually I'd like to switch out NI for Leia and Talia for Phasma ... though so far this squad has kept me in the arena top 100 on my server ... and occasionally allowed me to break into the top 50 ... Anyway, thanks again!
    Wow, that's super lucky to have a pvp server like that. Leia and phasma are decent replacements for talia and NI, but I would also consider replacing lumi with dooku, ig86, or GS. I know she feels strong but when I dropped her I went from struggling to stay in the top 100 to struggling for the occasional top 20 and staying comfortably in the top 50. The only days I dont make top 50 is when I'm busy and skip a day, even then I haven't fallen out of top 100 in months. Good luck to ya!
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I don't even know how the heck you manage to stay top 100 with such line-up. Replace everyone but Rey and RG, ASAP! You will see dramatic improvements.

Use Daka, QGJ, Phasma, Leia, Ackbar, GS, Dooku, etc.

Edit: who to omega first? It's always Rey till she gets all she needed and wanted.
  • Options
    Thanks Drexnaw and TMK! Good advice. :-)
  • Options
    PS--my success in the arena may be largely owing to the fact that I stacked everyone in my squad (except for NI) on Mk 5 health mods as soon as they came out :-)
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    PSS--I reorganized my squad so that it's now Lumi (lead), Fives, Leia, Rey, and RG (most with maxed 5-dot mods)--and even with RG and Leia at 6* and lvl 70 and 68 respectively, I'm holding consistently in the arena top 30 ... just, wow! And thanks again for the advice guys!