Weird thing happend in the arena today.

So i was in 2nd place and went to attack 1st place today, i was trying an experimental team and got whipped.
What was weird is that immediately after the match ended i was in 11th place. So while i was fighting i was being attacked in another match.

I always get the message that my opponent is currently in a match and cant fight them.
How was it possible i was attacked while in a match?
What would have happen if i had won?
Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.

Replies

• So i'm not the only one! I had never had this happen until yesterday. I was 11 and attacked 7. I lost and exited the match to find I had dropped to 18. I just thought it was some weird, onetime only, never reproducible glitch.

So, now the question is, is this a mechanic that's been in the game but you and I had never encountered it, is it a change in mechanics that happened via a stealth update, or was it in fact a glitch.

Enquiring minds want to know!
  • Did you refresh your arena matches before attacking? Only thing I can think of is someone attacked you and won, and before your new rank was displayed you had entered battle.

Take today for example. I was in the middle of my climb when I went to fight for #3, I was #6 at the time, but I was in battle. I kept trying to enter battle until I could. I fought him and won and took #3, while the person I attacked was dropped to #12, and someone else was at #6.
  • I agree with @Breetai - that is the most likely scenario. Someone beat you before you entered the match, dropping your rank. When that happens your screen is not updated, so if you don't refresh you can still battle whoever you were planning on battling (which can be very helpful). For example:

You won the battle to get to #2
    While waiting for the timer to reset, #11 beat you and took the #2 spot, bumping you back to #11
    If you didn't refresh your battles screen it would still appear that you were #2 when you entered your battle against #1
    When you lost the battle against #1 it correctly showed you at #11
  • Back when I fighting for top 50, was at 58 attack some1 and lost. When I attack again pop up says something like my rank no longer valid. When refreshed, i'm rank 56.