Where are you spending your cantina energy?

tRRRey
2782 posts Member
edited July 2016
So it's been 10 days since mods were introduced, and I'm wondering how many of you are still on the hunt for that perfect mod? I personally don't think it's worth the resources with so much RNG involved.
https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
Make Zader Great Again!

Where are you spending your cantina energy? 143 votes

Mods
26%
noogaboogaKyuu2Luke_Ren77Dal_ZubaIsThisThomGypsyjenVorechViruschillShaolinPunkThagarSaug77SamuraiNic_Cage_in_Con_AirChewplebccaBrown89ThunderGunleefGaldin_WanBobdenCandGTwins1216 38 votes
Shards
73%
PokebreakerclhsTejparnNahowStarSonPoe_Dameron_BLK1FAED_EmperorDwinkelmDookiedog68WJ28BerimboloDaddyngo007LegoLegs_vitoontoMAST3RABOMBtajienaThewhiteonEQuikSilver8721Robert7AnimalMother 105 votes

Replies

• Shards
    I have a mod that I upgrade every day for the daily. But I still need specific characters from cantina battles, so I'm focused there for now.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Shards
    I have switched back to shards for now. My Arena and Raid teams are fully modded (though they aren't all fully upgraded), and I don't have the credits to start working on B teams.
  • YubNub81
    148 posts Member
    Shards
    I'm being stubborn and staying focused on the shards I need, but I'm getting crushed in the Arena. I went from being able to fight for the top 20 to struggling to stay in the top 100. Oh well.

Only mod challenges I can even enter are the health and defense ones.
  • You need a third option in your poll - "Both".

EA/CG NEED to revamp the Cantina Energy situation. Specifically the cost of refreshes and the limited way in which we can obtain Cantina energy.
  • Mods
    I have to farm mods to stay competitive in arena, GW and raid. I'd much rather farm characters. i dislike that the energy comes from the same place. B/c of the poor drop rate, I'm still trying to obtain top mods to finish out my arena and raid teams. I would much rather collect characters than mods. Mods are uninteresting.
  • Shards
    Luke shards all day
  • Shards
    Mod drop rates are such a joke
  • Shards
    Aegamin33 wrote: »
    Mod drop rates are such a joke

As are shards, I've been compiling and in cantina its about 5% drop rate over 5 months.
  • Shards
    Probably 80% shards, 20% mods
  • Mods
    Mods
  • Shards
    Definitely not the horrid drop rates that you gotta pray is something not with a garbage primary then further pray isn't garbage secondaries.
  • Shards
    Shards - I need to get Anakin and Aalya up to 7* to help finish my GW....mods at such a low drop rate don't help
  • Shards
    Shards

Awful drop rates, to many useless mods, to expensive to level

At least you know what you're getting with shards

Mod rollout and nerf have been a fail
  • Shards
    I'm actually spending on both actually, more often shards though. The awful drop rates on mods is disappointing, as is the fact you can only get 2 star mods unless you have a team of toons you can't even afford to level up.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Mods
    mods, the poor droprate is actually the reason i farm mods over shards. Getting the ones you actually want takes ages.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Mods
    leef wrote: »
    mods, the poor droprate is actually the reason i farm mods over shards. Getting the ones you actually want takes ages.

yeah what he said
    IsThisThom
    "Consider that a divorce"
    - Douglas Quaid
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    ^Plus u don't have to spend credits on a mod that doesn't drop. :)

If I'm player level 50-60, I'm farming some shards, still. At my point in the game... da heck I want more shards fo?
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    Shards
    Farming shards! I've made the wrong choices in characters to farm early on by not picking the character CG wants us to have, so I've been playing catch-up on shards. The drop rate doesn't really have much to do with it. I spent at least 240 Cantina energy and got zero Lando shards in the past 24 hours.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Mods
    Mod Challenges, not the Mod table.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Mods
    I think it's really fun that the stats are RNG, like the items in Diablo 2. They've just combined one of my favorite elements from another all time fave into my new all time fave. Sweet!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • 75% shards and 25% mods.

My Arena team, Teebo and EE are modded up, so I'm focusing on getting Lando up to 5* to help with the credit heist and rebel events.
  • Shards
    No reason to farm them with the absurd RNG elements currently. Every time I think it's not so bad and give the mods a try I'm disappointed with my 120 energy spent and 3 dot mods.
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    Shard rates have been horrible all week. Getting 2 or 3 per 10 pulls is like winning the jackpot these days.
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Shards
    Im doing shards still need GS to get 7 star halfway there. I refresh and hit up the Aalya shard and end up getting only two to three shards of her. Where last night i got 8 or 9 from the GS node.
  • No option for both?
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • Mods
    Recently went back to basic mod battles due to an embarrasing lack of potency.

Otherwise, it's back to shards until I can do the appropriate challenges.
    "If you recognise this thumbnail, then you have great taste, and you're really getting old"
  • Shards
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Shards

Awful drop rates, to many useless mods, to expensive to level

At least you know what you're getting with shards

Mod rollout and nerf have been a fail

This^^^
  • CapnnRex
    184 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Mods
    Doing the mods because soon will not be able to get tier 4 from challenges
  • Shards
    For now, still shards.

I have 3 toons that I have at 5 or 6* and want to 7*.

After that, unfortunately, I will jump on the mod train. Prior to mods I was going to use cantina to at least unlock a couple of other toons that I wouldn't othewise spend energy on.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    Shards
    Switched back to shards. Fortunately managed to get a good number of 5dot Health Mods and a bunch of low tier others to get by for now from Precraft 2.0 - so back to getting Lando shards for now