Help, getting owned in squad arena.

It's coming to the point where I'm winning probably 1 in 5 battles. I'm currently rank 819 and dropping.
I'm using Barris, chewy, sidious, talia and jedi consular all at level 45, gear level 4 or 5.
All teams are a similar level and power rating, some squads I'm up against have very similar teams.

The biggest thing that is annoying is how are the other team dealing so much damage? It takes me multiple hits on one character to bring him down to yellow health, first round of attacks I've had units almost dead with others also taking damage.

What am I doing wrong? Do the defending units have an attack boost?

My team are normally wiped out with all there units standing.

Cheers

Replies

• Darth_Binks
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    What star rank are your toons? That might be a contributing factor.
    Also, have you thought about trading Barriss out for Lumi? I know a lot of people tend to use Lumi a bit more after Barriss' nerfing.
    IMO, Poe would be a better choice over Chewie, and Phasma over Talia since you have no other nightsisters on your team.
    Edit - What about your character's abilities? If you haven't trained those up, you're much more liable to be unable to deal high damage.
  • Options
    All 4 stars besides jedi con who is a 3 star. I don't have Poe but I do have phasma.
    I also have fives at 4 star and count dooku 3 star at similar levels.

Most the abilities are level 2 or 3.
  • CUFCfan616
    279 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Other than Sid and JC when he's levelled up you don't seem to have any big hitters, especially at mid 40 levels. I'd put in Fives and Dooku for Chewie and Talia as those two in your team are too slow for a start and Dooku will give you a chance to stun someone on the first go which is more than handy. Speed is one of the most important parts of pvp I've found. I'd also be tempted to gear up Phasma as much as possible and put her as leader for bonus attacks and also turn counter boost. Barriss hits as hard as a wet sponge and by the sounds of it by the time you need her heal it's too late anyway so just have JC as your healer for now (level up his heal so you can reduce the cooldown if possible) and try to go on the offensive.

And yes, save as much as you can in gw for Lumi.
  • Options
    I agree with @CUFCfan616 although I'd consider keeping Barriss instead of JC since you are likely to face many Sidious teams, and Barriss' leveling works through heal block and JC's healing is based on his own health, which is fairly low at 3*. Level 2 or 3 abilities are a bit low for level 45 characters - would definitely try to get them up to level 4 at least - and obviously get their gear up as high as you can as well.

Luminara is definitely worth the time / investment, and in the end would be more beneficial than Barriss or JC, so I'd definitely focus on her in GW for the time being - unless your goal is a team focused on other synergy (droid team, high attack team, etc), then it would make sense to focus on Poggle or IG-86 or HK
  • Options
    Thanks for replies.

To be honest I've focused my time on collecting shards etc so my guys have been neglected a bit.

Just battled with sid as leader, dooku, chewy, fives and barriss, worked much better, dookus counter attacks really helped. It ended in a sid 1v1 and one more hit I would of been dead.

I kept with Barriss, her health is double JC and can also heal when dealing damage.
    Like CUFC suggested would it be better to level JC for a better turn meter??
  • Options
    JC in the long run can get quite strong, and at higher star levels I'd say he's a better option than Barriss. However at 3*, 4*...and maybe still 5* I think I'd rather have Barriss personally. Though I'd take a similar star level Luminara over either of them :-P
  • Options
    I've just unlocked Old Daka 4 * opening a chromium data card.

Thoughts on using her instead of JC or Barris?
  • Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I would prefer daka over JC as she provides way more utility. But as long as she is not starred up, her dmg is truely neglectable... and as it seems lacking dmg is your bigger problem.

If you can improve your chars Doku, sid, lumi, daka/phasma/fives you should be able to win more fights than lose and climb the ladder again.

But still I think you should try to start farming some high damage chars to be competitive in the higher ranks/long term.
  • Options
    My wife at level 43 attacks any team having Chewy as leader as he's worthless once you have other toons. Poe or Han if you like a taunter. She doesn't have a full squad as such so she uses Windu to get rid of Chewy's taunt. Droid pack, JC and the 4 star Bronzium Windu replacing Talia. Bariss is good at her levels. She's usually in the top 100.

Drop Talia in case you like Chewy or don't have the proper replacement for your game play style. She's a suicide waiting to happen, lol.

Try out 5s. I use him myself and haven't found a better toon to replace him. Tanky and good damage. Mine's at 5 stars and one slot remaining to purple. Still fits in with my 7 starred, purple brigade of Plasma, Sid and 6 star purple Lumi/ Kylo. Top 50, reaching top 10 every day. Oh, lvl 60, all.