Can I get an event or challenge I can actually do?

ScotBott
166 posts Member
Because of my choice of toons which are different than the norm I've not been able to participate in almost all events and mod challenges. What's the point of all this choice when you're forced to use pre determined ones to partake. You have to invest in certain toons to be viable in PVP, GW, challenges and events....

Replies

• bhtrumpcc07
    12 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    They are trying to incentivize you to have a diverse set of toons. Honestly, as long as you are focusing on the best toons for GW and arena, you're on the right track. The challenges/events are more of a bonus for those who have progressed to the point where they have diversity.
  • ScotBott
    166 posts Member
    I dont wanna invest in rey hiding behind royal guard with QGJ lol
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    So many choices. If you started playing anytime after launch, there's people way ahead of you, so the catch-up can be intimidating. You'll get there. It's good to focus on one team at a time. If you're still having trouble getting far on the GW table, consider pushing for a good team there. Then worry about challenges, because they're rotating every week, and a goldmine. After those two, then I worry about how my arena team is doing, then finally, events. So far, almost all the events (except for that one or two charity things) rotate, so you can plan long term for one of those.

It's all possible, if you have the time/money.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Anyone else just ignore what the"best" is and just get a toon that's fun? I've got a Sith toon and a Rebel toon.
  • Start with Jedi for the Yoda event, you'll be glad you did. Qgj is good everywhere. Baris is a MVP for gws(if your roster is limited or not). And Yoda can be used in arena and/or Gws as well. Start with your Jedi and work your way progressing more. I didn't have the right toons at first, but I liked the game so much I didn't want to be left out of events. So I decided to start farming everything I could. Work on a couple of toons at the same time. GW shipments/Arena shipments/Catina shipments/Catina energy/Light and Darkside energy/and guild shipments. Don't spend your credits until you have enough shards to take those farmed toons all the way to 7* and level 80. That's when you spend your credits. You can easily save tons of credits/training droids/& gear by waiting to use them only if you can upgrade your toon to level 80 7*. Don't miss a single daily challenge/or Gw.
  • Tanuki
    136 posts Member
    Yeah the mod challenge is kinda of a head scratcher. Would have liked to have half of them team based and the rest whom ever. It is cantina energy we have to use and in cantina mode you can use anyone. Beat the 1st one 3 stars. Jedi 1 star. That's it. my empire team could beat the ewoks but gets wasted in their mod challenge. Overall it's good for the game to get you to level characters you normally wouldn't have and gives your overall squad diversity. Sometimes you even end up really liking someone you never would have got.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Kinda feels like u are left out, when u cant do any of them. But after u have playou long enough, u will get your day in the sun.

Pick one event and work towards it. Ignore the other ones. I suggest credit heist. Seems like it is a legit 12 day cycle.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Don't feel bad OP I've been playing since early December and can't do most of the challenges.

I have over 60 toons unlocked. 23 7* characters. Yet since the meta generally doesn't promote factions as being arena viable, I saw no need to invest in any. I was able to get my scoundrels to high enough levels to complete the credit heist so there's an extra 1m credits every 12 days which honestly doesn't put a dent in the credit situation.
  • They are trying to incentivize you to have a diverse set of toons. Honestly, as long as you are focusing on the best toons for GW and arena, you're on the right track. The challenges/events are more of a bonus for those who have progressed to the point where they have diversity.

Yep. With one hand they ask you to diversify and on the other they don't give you the ability to do it.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, but other events give around a million credits plus shards. And they only come.. every three months? That doesn't put a dent in a dent. No brainer for me. Scoundrels it is.
  • Apo
    60 posts Member
    Lol... Same with me. I couldn't even attempt credit heist and mod challenges as i don't have a 5* rebel team or scoundrel team or empire team or resistence team or jawa team...I only do health and defense challenges.