MOD Shop - Have you used it?

K_G0sling
839 posts Member
edited July 2016
I'm just curious if this is precious real estate being taken up by an unused feature? Personally, as much as I'm involved in this game, I haven't even been tempted, let alone actually bought something.

General concensus? Also, suggestions to make it better? Maybe we can bounce around some ideas.

MOD Shop - Have you used it? 105 votes

Yes, I've purchased from the MOD shop. I like it.
17%
Boba_The_FetterSzecsaBostonmessRenanFilipedarkensoulWhatamidoingTeagueSungstaAarcherEscapeArtist51RadonisMandalorianZuluhyperXgenAlexBFodder1978YourOnIyHopeD1G1TAL_JediReturnOfTheFett 18 votes
Nope, it's a green chest I never touch. Window shopping at best.
71%
scubaSaetetd3toxCptCavemanWhiteroomottomadduxDookiedog68SmokeyJoe320DarthoganDaddyngo007LegoLegs_EwakawakaGiodude2000KlockoxSkandarGraunxATSpainQuikSilver8721Ziggy23VavasourKickedazzZ 75 votes
There's a MOD shop?
2%
TerraArrandarthvaderkecilJimboe 3 votes
OTHER (insert witty interweb comment)
8%
jeremyj26StarSonzaphodunit900000Isaiah_THE_JediCaptainRexScotBottLeumasBloodreaper 9 votes

Replies

• OTHER (insert witty interweb comment)
    Biggest rip off in the whole game
    Credits are to valuable right now for me to buy over priced crap.
    Why would you pay that much for a useless 1 or 2 star mod ... 4 star minimum for me ... anything less than that I sell.
    Lolnope
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Yes, I've purchased from the MOD shop. I like it.
    I've bought a few 1 star speed and potency primary mods for 84 crystal's each, that's it though....the 2 and 3 star and the higher quality ones are way overpriced.
  • There's a MOD shop?
    Did not even know that was considered a MOD Shop....thought it was the Rip-Off Shop.
  • Nope, it's a green chest I never touch. Window shopping at best.
    Rip off shop.
  • did i just notice it wrong or did i see it correctly? u can buy a mod for about 35k but only get 1.5k at most when you sell them back?
    Needs to be exclusively 5 dot mods for the prices it's at.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    OTHER (insert witty interweb comment)
    I check it a few times a day but nothing good for credits has shown up yet.
  • Yes, I've purchased from the MOD shop. I like it.
    The shop is fine if you want something very specific and don't mind in using a low dot one
    ridiculous costs for really poor items. Makes no sense.
  • MandalorianZulu
    86 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Yes, I've purchased from the MOD shop. I like it.
    I try to stay away from the gambling/rng aspects of the game as much as possible, because of inevitable disappointment and the strong urge to reroll (which is why I have never opened a single chromium pack). Obviously I can't escape this with gear farming and cantina shard farming, so I've learned to manage my expectations there, but with respect to mods I have just been surviving off my precrafted stock and refuse to farm more now that it's absurdly difficult to acquire quality 5 dot mods. The mod shop occasionally has a few diamonds in the rough that can really help you outfit your arena or raid squad without wasting cantina energy. Keep an eye out for arrows with speed primary, triangles with crit chance/damage primary, and pluses with potency primary. If they are of a desirable set bonus like potency or crit chance, and have a high tier of C or better which lets you see great secondary stats (like even more potency or speed), all the better! It might be very rare, but occasionally you can find a genuine treasure that is worth the price because of all the crystals and cantina energy you save by not mod farming challenges/nodes.
    Have used, will not again.
    I am the Reaper
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    I used it once to buy a potency mod and it was the last one I needed for raids. Other than that I can't think of any that would be worth the amount they charge for the higher * mods.
  • Saetet
    212 posts Member
    Nope, it's a green chest I never touch. Window shopping at best.
    I used it once before I realised the mods are garbage. Not worth it. *Waves @K_G0sling *
    And then there were pants...