Thoughts on a droid team...

JoshG
908 posts Member
So I am really itching to put together a droid team. I have never went against one, but the concept seems great. The problem I see is they compete for shards like a ****.... I figured I would wanna run Poe, poggle, ig-88, ig-86, and hk-47 but two of each are in the same shipments so it will take a long time to farm. Maybe I should just finish farming Sid/Lum before I branch out, but that cookie-cutter team feels so played out right now.

Replies

• Tak
    352 posts Member
    Droid is the new cookie cutter bro. I doubt it will be as effective at 70
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Tak wrote: »
    Droid is the new cookie cutter bro. I doubt it will be as effective at 70

Not on my server it isn't. All Sid/bariss/phas lead teams untill u hit the top 10 anyway. Exactly what is your reasoning for thinking it "won't be as effective at 70."
  • So this is why you wanted that Poggle.. :D Good concept to have a droid team it would be strong as hell but hard to farm and time consuming
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Top_Quark wrote: »
    Many won't agree, but I'd ditch hk out of the blend and put in a poe. 88 simply doesn't survive with all the crazy fasts out there, but if he does, he's the carrier of the team. Poggle is fine a 4* for sometime till you get 86 on it's feet via gw shipments.

I was thinking Poe + pog + 88 + 86 + hk
  • Top_Quark wrote: »
    Many won't agree, but I'd ditch hk out of the blend and put in a poe. 88 simply doesn't survive with all the crazy fasts out there, but if he does, he's the carrier of the team. Poggle is fine a 4* for sometime till you get 86 on it's feet via gw shipments.

HK's leader ability with a droid team generates so many extra turns it's nearly unbelievable. Borrow a Sid in PvE and you become unstoppable. 86 and 88 we agree on, they're killers.
  • I haven't seen another Droid team on my server, yet. Still working to build mine up and fine tune it, but so far it seems worth the work.

4* HK
    5* 86
    4* 88 (5* this week)
    5* Poggle
    4* IG-100.

As stated, it's killer for PvE when borrowing a Sidious.
  • I have seen on high level droid team in the Arena, it did decent damage but Poggle and 88 died by round two, the rest went down without too much damage soon after, I was running Lumi as the only healer and she handled it fine.

When it was over I heard Qui Jon look at Lumi and say "I guess those really weren't the droids we've been looking for."

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I have seen on high level droid team in the Arena, it did decent damage but Poggle and 88 died by round two, the rest went down without too much damage soon after, I was running Lumi as the only healer and she handled it fine.

When it was over I heard Qui Jon look at Lumi and say "I guess those really weren't the droids we've been looking for."

Lmao, was there a tank in the team you fought?
  • I'm running a lvl 55 droid team and finally took 1st in arena today from a level 60 droid team and held it at award time. I think I have seen two other droid teams on my server, four total.

The guy I took 1st from has been finishing top 3 since I started playing. He runs 6* HK lead with Pog, 86, 88, and Black Jesus. Over 20k power so he has some stars on them. There are a lot of lvl 60 players, but I do see people as low as 53-54 squeezing into the top 10.

I have HK 4* for lead with 5* 88, 86, and Geo, with 4* Pog.

The synergy is great on offense and I am working on stars for everyone. I'm also working on Poe to throw in for defense.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I'm running HK, both IG, GeoSol plus Lumi, at lvl 53, and I'm in my top 6-10, sniping Up to top 3 sometiimes. Plan is to get Poggle to replace Lumi (who was gotten first becsuse of the GW versatility). I Think Geo soldier is awesome here he's very fast. If a droid assist him, and crits, the droid fill the turn meter and jump initostive order. If he pulls Poggle, he gets extra damsge for the passive.

The only problem is you have to spread your stars to be effective, as they Shares shipments and you need to clear GW as well. that's why Sid+Lumi are so good and so effective, you can concentrate on them and be good in arena and GW
  • I haven't seen another Droid team on my server, yet. Still working to build mine up and fine tune it, but so far it seems worth the work.

4* HK
    5* 86
    4* 88 (5* this week)
    5* Poggle
    4* IG-100.

As stated, it's killer for PvE when borrowing a Sidious.

How is IG-100? I borrowed one once but it was low level, how does he scale up?
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Just ran this lineup in Cantina battles 4-C and despite my IG-86 only being lvl 49 and none of the Lobot/doids having over level 3 ability (except his lvl 4 leadership), it did great. The Lobot speed buff really takes the droids to a new level. I only wish he was easier to farm. The fully starred Sid on loan didn't hurt either though.
    2vma6it.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I'm crossing fingers for a Super Battle Droid in the update this month. Game need another valid droid
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »
    I'm crossing fingers for a Super Battle Droid in the update this month. Game need another valid droid

Or general grevious....
  • I've been using HK (leader), IG88, IG86, ST Han, and Luminara in the arena for a while now. It did not work very well at all until they got 6- and 7-starred, but now it's chugging along nicely. The turn meter boosts are insane with HK and Han combined. I may replace Luminara with Lobot or Poggle at some point but right now they aren't starred up enough to compete for the slot.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.