Just took rank 1 with 18,500 power

Well, i didnt expect this to happen, used a crystal refresh fought 10 battles and made it to #1. Went through teams with 23k+ power but surprisingly the teams between 1 to 5 only had 21k+ power. Nevertheless i had 18,500 which goes to show its not the power level that counts but the

Replies

• the only thing that counts is your sacrifices to the RNG gods

Congrats though!
  • Cant_Deny
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Well done, show those high power teams who's boss :p
    I actually just did the same on my server.. 15 minutes ago hehe
    I'm level 54 with 16,400 power team.. Top 4 are generally 20k+.. All lvl 58-60 and are teams of leia/old ben/qui gon etc.
    Admittedly I've spent a bit on chromiums, was lucky to get a 6* qui gon (continuously got his shards/character as a pull) myself and a 5* leia, but that's basically it in terms of P2W characters.

As Andrew said, it's RNG. If they pop off ridiculous crits/proc the right assists or bonus attacks, nothing you can do. It's nice when it works in your favour though :)

Keep up the sniping mate, those top rewards are juicy.
  • My team power is at 19,954. I continue to beat higher level teams sometimes in 20s, 21s and even 22s. Depends on the synergy of the opposing teams as well as how the luck goes.
  • Cant_Deny wrote: »
    Well done, show those high power teams who's boss :p
    I actually just did the same on my server.. 15 minutes ago hehe
    I'm level 54 with 16,400 power team.. Top 4 are generally 20k+.. All lvl 58-60 and are teams of leia/old ben/qui gon etc.
    Admittedly I've spent a bit on chromiums, was lucky to get a 6* qui gon (continuously got his shards/character as a pull) myself and a 5* leia, but that's basically it in terms of P2W characters.

As Andrew said, it's RNG. If they pop off ridiculous crits/proc the right assists or bonus attacks, nothing you can do. It's nice when it works in your favour though :)

Keep up the sniping mate, those top rewards are juicy.

Hey Cant_Deny, i'm actually in your same server in a similar position: yesterday i took rank 1 with 16k power as a F2P (got lucky with a 4* Old Ben). Feels great to beat Level 60 players with more than 20k Power.
  • screenshot or it never happened :smile:
  • Jsnazz wrote: »
    screenshot or it never happened :smile:

I believe him, when I was like level 55-59 most of the 22-23k teams were the easiest, while the 19-21k teams had synergy. A lot of them try to scare people off with their power.
  • ^ level and power is irrelevant since you're up against scripted AI.

I can defeat level 60 on my level 50 and they have more power (2k). Its call ff and target priority.

While I await for the screenshot, I'm curious to know how much you spend OP (curious)
  • Cant_Deny
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Jsnazz it's pretty easy to snipe -> as per below.

http://imgur.com/dLDXFdt
    http://imgur.com/UtA3U2j
    http://imgur.com/WZ08uYP

@Simph_Kyl I remember the name :p
  • Yeah, I think most top guys are tops because they time their attacks properly. The best teams are not the best when the AI is controlling them. I sometimes face tougher opponents to my team in the top 50 rather than the top 10. If I wouldn't be pushed down every day by the time I have an hour and a half to reward time, I'd be in the top 10 much more. I don't know about the others, but in my server, I think most players are not aware of sniping as I usually get pushed down in the 1st 12 hours after reward time making it a long climb an hour to rewards.

To the OP, congratulations, never been there :smile:!
  • I did it once just to see if it could be done, but never tried after that because it took me an additional two energy refreshes and the extra time playing those extra ten rounds to get there and that is too much work for me.

These days, I can hold between 50-100th place and for that I'll receive 825 Arena Tokens each day for little work. Just yesterday I played my first two Squad Arena rounds than completely forgot to play the rest and came back an hour later to see I didn't drop position. My mentality towards this is, I'll rise when I'm ready and I don't have to burn up too many crystals refreshing and/or spending an additional hour or more playing Squad Arena....
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Team comp matters way more than power at the top.

I have a team that can put around 23k power, but it will lose quite frequently. My team that is 21k power does quite well, especially on defense.

So don't get too excited about beating higher power teams, power is a terrible way to judge the quality of the opponent.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Power matters because the only things we are told about the opponent teams are level (all 60 for maxed players), leader and power level. If your power level starts with a "1" you stand out like a sore thumb and will attract a lot of unwanted attention.
    Wish it were not this way.. but it is.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Power matters because the only things we are told about the opponent teams are level (all 60 for maxed players), leader and power level. If your power level starts with a "1" you stand out like a sore thumb and will attract a lot of unwanted attention.
    Wish it were not this way.. but it is.

This

• I've done that a few times. Power level really doesn't mean much after a certain point

I am a bit confused how I went from rank 2 to rank 56 in less than 24 hours after this update though. That's never happened to me before