Droid speed and turn meter with JE

Replies

• 4582952.jpg
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • I have tried many times in the arena and in GW according to the spreadsheet, and it works 100%. Now IG88 will never attack before HK47.
  • LastJedi wrote: »
    @RenanFilipe , if you use Romec245's spreadsheet, 110 is not a static number. When you change Je's speed between 200 an 249, the magic number changes and can be way higher.

It looks like JE having lower speed is better, if you use the spreadsheet. At JE speed exactly 200, you need only 110 speed to act first. But when you increase speed to 210, say, now you need 116 speed to act first. I don't understand why that is.

Does not JE do the same thing, no matter what? If he acts in tick 5, how is it different if his own speed is 200 or 210?

As long as an omegaed JE acts on tick 5, 110 will be the magical number. Now, if you are over 225 speed, that number may change because now JE will act on tick 4.
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    LastJedi wrote: »
    @RenanFilipe , if you use Romec245's spreadsheet, 110 is not a static number. When you change Je's speed between 200 an 249, the magic number changes and can be way higher.

It looks like JE having lower speed is better, if you use the spreadsheet. At JE speed exactly 200, you need only 110 speed to act first. But when you increase speed to 210, say, now you need 116 speed to act first. I don't understand why that is.

Does not JE do the same thing, no matter what? If he acts in tick 5, how is it different if his own speed is 200 or 210?

As long as an omegaed JE acts on tick 5, 110 will be the magical number. Now, if you are over 225 speed, that number may change because now JE will act on tick 4.

There is no more tick 5. Speed doesn't work like it used to when the TI Speed Guide was written. Toons no longer group up in tiers. Instead of tick 5, think of it as a 200 speed JE acting on tick 500.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Ugluk wrote: »
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    Yeah, I usually drop JE and sub in RG for certain Rex lead teams anyways. Crit chance up is more of a hinderance than a help. Rex's turm meter gain when suffering crits shuts droids down.

I'll pull Poggle (and RG) out of mothballs for a full clone team (my lineup will be all non-clone Rex led teams, they just don't always stomp them 5-0). If you're going to crit, then crit super hard.

With a hk,88,86,speedy qgj and rg, I can beat any clone team on my server. Not a sure thing, but what is? Guaranteed offense up against clones at some point. Massive assive assist attack, and detaunt for rg and sunfac. I haven't tried poggle, but I imagine his ability block is great, if he can land it on Rex or CT, but I suppose you are probably using his buff, first.

@RenanFilipe :That is the original system, first off. And secondly, with the old system, you would need 250 speed to act in tick 4, not 225. In the new system, As CptCaveman has graciously illustrated, each tick you add only 1/100th of a toons speed to their TM bar. So a 200 speed JE will act in tick 500, now. But a 210 speed JE will act in tick 477. The old lines in the sand of 100/112/125/143/167/200 don't matter anymore.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    With a hk,88,86,speedy qgj and rg, I can beat any clone team on my server. Not a sure thing, but what is? Guaranteed offense up against clones at some point. Massive assive assist attack, and detaunt for rg and sunfac. I haven't tried poggle, but I imagine his ability block is great, if he can land it on Rex or CT, but I suppose you are probably using his buff, first.

Nah, I omega'd Poggle's ability block. Sticking a 2-turn ability block on Rex stamps down on some of the nonsense, and with Poggle lead, you hit pretty hard anyway without the Offense Up buff. Take out Sarge (if he's there) and/or Echo quickly with hard hitting attacks, then get Rex out of the way. If I ran this team regularly, I'd run 88 with some more potency than I bother with currently. Any ability block is a good thing.
  • the math isnt right. my 252 speed JE gets bad values for tge rest (slightly too high by 5 or so)
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    @ Ugluk awesome. I like that. Poggle basic on move 1.( I bet the AI is terrible though!) That would be nice for moving a clone team out the way.

Edit. Having some doubts.... 60% chance to block on quash. Even with all the potency mods in the world, still topping at 60%..
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    @ Ugluk awesome. I like that. Poggle basic on move 1.( I bet the AI is terrible though!) That would be nice for moving a clone team out the way.

Edit. Having some doubts.... 60% chance to block on quash. Even with all the potency mods in the world, still topping at 60%..

It's not a guaranteed win, unless that ability block sticks. However you can still pull off a win if it doesn't. In my experience, that's still better than I end up when rolling out 47 86 88 JE B2 team against Rex-led full clones, where I probably lose on offense 80-90% of the time - and I haven't even come up against a Rex-led full clone team with Cody yet, just Rex Fives Echo CS1/Aayla with RG. I just see Cody paired with JKA lead instead, and that's a far, far easier proposition.
  • the math isnt right. my 252 speed JE gets bad values for tge rest (slightly too high by 5 or so)

Math is 100% right
  • Taxman
    75 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Brilliant post and has really helped me maximise the benefit of my mods on my JE / Droid team.

Re minding the gap, I added an extra column to your spreadsheet that calculates the effective turn one speed for each of my droids (basically just multiplying the turn meter after recalibrate by the speed value of JE). I then know that if the other team have any toons with a speed value between my JE and my droids effective turn 1 speed they will manage to squeeze in the gap so I need to do some playing around with mods.

EDIT

realised the maths is not as simple as that as after recalibrate the droids then fill the rest of their turn meter at their normal speed not their effective speed and therefore slightly slower enemy toons could slip in the gap.

Reworked my spreadsheet now. For my current team I have the following speeds

JE 191
    HK 134
    88 130
    86 146
    B2 107

based on those speeds and level 7 recalibrate turn order would be always JE, then 86 (as 86 is over 100%) after recalibrate.

If an enemy toon had speed between 224 and 241 they would then go next ie before my HK and 88.

If I omega'd recalibrate, then 86 and HK would always go immediately after JE (in random order due to both being over 100%). the enemy toon would need a speed between 237 and 241 to then go before my 88 which I guess makes it much less likely

Interesting to me as I always wondered what the real value of putting omega onto recalibrate is - an extra 5% TM doesn't seem that huge.
    Post edited by Taxman on
  • My line up is
    JE 200 Speed base without unique
    Hk 143
    86 169
    Greivous 180
    B2 120

How would this work according to the spreadsheet?

I dont face any other droid teams like mine so im not sure if i should adjust. I haven't been out of the top 5 in a month. Im at rank 1 now and have been sitting there since 7PM EST payout yesterday.

Just want to know if my speed arrangements are optimal
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Remon_Azab wrote: »
    My line up is
    Hk 143
    86 169
    Greivous 180
    B2 120

I dont face any other droid teams like mine so im not sure if i should adjust. I haven't been out of the top 5 in a month. Im at rank 1 now and have been sitting there since 7PM EST payout yesterday.

Everyone will fill their turn meter on Recalibrate, apart from B2 - and with his Relentless Barrage passive, that doesn't matter much anyway.

Order is not important for you, as you're not running 88, and trying to maximise the enemies with debuffs on them before using 88s AoE.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    My line up is
    Hk 143
    86 169
    Greivous 180
    B2 120

What is optimal for u depends on what u need to beat and defend against. But here is what u need to know. Ur JE acts at speed 250. So he fills in tick #400. Then he gives all your droids 450 tm points (out of 1000). So any droid with at least 550 turn meter by tick 400 is going to be filled. 550/400 = 1.38 which is minimum speed of 138.

If u want to do better against clones or ben han teams, u want all ur droids to be filled, so that when the other team gets tm bonus, they don't automatically go next. This way u still have a chance to take out clone sarge or rey before getting tangled in enemy specials. So ur fine, there, with 3 droids filling. But u are leaving a lot of first round speed on the table.

At je speed 250, any droid with 138 speed or higher is going to fill. You could either gain some first round speed by redistributing some speed from 86/gg to je. Which raises the speed bar against other je droids. Or you could get all 4 of your droids to fill at the same time, by leaving je alone and getting all of your droids to 138. Or u could make 86 the slowest, by a tick, to where he doesn't fill. So when he goes, he will pull another droid 75% of the time and get that droid from 51% TM to full, instantly, on a crit (again, downside is against clones or ben teams).

Personally, I have all my droids modded to have equal speed of 138, so I can sub out JE and still have all my droids fill at the same time, for taking on clones. And my je has adjusted speed of 250, so when I use him, all droids go in tick 400, just like yours. Or if I want to, I could swap one mod between hk and 86, so that the order goes hk, 88, 86, for completely annihilating slower droids and non ben-lead rey teams (mostly phasma lead on my server).

If you were in my timezone on my server, I would be trying to get all my droids to 139, and je to 251, lol.
    My line up is
    Hk 143
    86 169
    Greivous 180
    B2 120

What is optimal for u depends on what u need to beat and defend against. But here is what u need to know. Ur JE acts at speed 250. So he fills in tick #400. Then he gives all your droids 450 tm points (out of 1000). So any droid with at least 550 turn meter by tick 400 is going to be filled. 550/400 = 1.38 which is minimum speed of 138.

If u want to do better against clones or ben han teams, u want all ur droids to be filled, so that when the other team gets tm bonus, they don't automatically go next. This way u still have a chance to take out clone sarge or rey before getting tangled in enemy specials. So ur fine, there, with 3 droids filling. But u are leaving a lot of first round speed on the table.

At je speed 250, any droid with 138 speed or higher is going to fill. You could either gain some first round speed by redistributing some speed from 86/gg to je. Which raises the speed bar against other je droids. Or you could get all 4 of your droids to fill at the same time, by leaving je alone and getting all of your droids to 138. Or u could make 86 the slowest, by a tick, to where he doesn't fill. So when he goes, he will pull another droid 75% of the time and get that droid from 51% TM to full, instantly, on a crit (again, downside is against clones or ben teams).

Personally, I have all my droids modded to have equal speed of 138, so I can sub out JE and still have all my droids fill at the same time, for taking on clones. And my je has adjusted speed of 250, so when I use him, all droids go in tick 400, just like yours. Or if I want to, I could swap one mod between hk and 86, so that the order goes hk, 88, 86, for completely annihilating slower droids and non ben-lead rey teams (mostly phasma lead on my server).

If you were in my timezone on my server, I would be trying to get all my droids to 139, and je to 251, lol.

When u say you take out JE to take on clones who do u replace him with? What if it's clones plus rey and sunfac.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Edited: I read rg and sunfac. See addendum

Clones plus rg plus sunfac is exactly the team I can hardly ever beat. So sorry, but I don't have a magic pill. I pull je because with tenacity up, his bombs never stick. I will use hk,88,86, all equal speed, plus st han going just after them to try to refill their tm, after clone sarge does his thing. And rg. But this hardly ever works. I try to take out clone sarge and stun sunfac, but since the attack order is random, this wI'll usually trigger RG, and I am pretty much doomed. My rg will usually go before han, because he gains tm when other toons are hit, so he has a chance to stun fac. But if sunfac isnt stunned, han taunt is good for tm, only. Single attacks, only, unless an aoe will likely take out a toon that is protected by taunt before rex dispels/heals them.

I have also been able to win with qgj and RG. Low percentage, also. So far, I have not been able to win with JE, though. Some of the droid teams on my server run qgj and je, but I don't see how u can take out 5s at the end without a stunner, unless u have massive dps. My team is built for speed, so this doesn't wor.k.

*Sorry u said rey, I read rg. For rey, I would leave in je for sure. And make sure all droid fill at the same time. And single attack rey and hopefully kill her. I would adjust speed to make all my droids go before her and all fill at the same time. So when she gains tm, u can potentially get in all ur attacks before she can get foresight, still. Then if she hangs on by a thread, and sunfac taunts, only use an aoe if she does not have foresight. Otherwise it is basically a lost cause to fire off that aoe to remove her foresight. She will just self heal with the TM u gave her.

If this Rey is too fast for ur droids to go first, u will have to hope foresight doesn't proc, or ur basically doomed, imo.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    If Rex isn't leading the clones team, it shouldn't matter too much. Assuming equal levels of gear, a JE/B2 droids team should handle a JKA-led clone team OK, between the ability and buff blocks you can generally go pretty well. It's probably more difficult without B2, I think Nebit would be a strong option here - I'm still building mine to arena readiness so I can't comment.

If Rex is leading the clone team, then yeah, you need to hit as hard as possible, which in my book means bringing Poggle out of mothballs in a hybrid droid team. Full clones are still a PITA because of Echo's AoE dispel, so managing your buffs and taunt is something you have to consider. Landing an ability block on Rex always makes life easier.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I think key here is Rey/Fac on the clone team. I am assuming Rex. I have a Rex lead with Rey team on my server. I want to down Rey before taunt, in order to win. So speed plus all droids with full TM at the same time is what I do for that. I don't know if poggle is going to help you as much, cuz once that taunt is up, Fac is handing out crit down like candy, and Rey is self-healing and damage-dealing and proccing foresight on all the free TM she gets behind the Fac-wall, and not having to go thru your tank, due to sunfac.

So basically, I deal with this team like any other Rey team. Kill Rey immediately, or lose. If I don't have a decent chance at accomplishing that, I don't fight it. And the strategy for this is the same for Ben/Han/Rey. Get out ahead, and make all droids fill at the same time. With the Rex lead, the major diff is you absolutely don't use AOE unless it is the AOE that will kill a toon.
  • RenanFilipe
    189 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Let's say that I filled up the TM of all my droids and they have attacked scoring a critical hit (so when stormtrooper Han goes the droids will have at least 50% of their TM full) now it's stormtrooper Han's turn, he will taunt and give 30℅ of TM to the team. My question is: how fast the droids and stormtrooper Han need to be to when he taunts the droids are with their TM bar full again?

My JE has 253 speed (with his unique), the droids have 140 and stormtrooper Han has 160

@CptCaveman @Romec245
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Let's say that I filled up the TM of all my droids and they have attacked scoring a critical hit (so when stormtrooper Han goes the droids will have at least 50% of their TM full) now it's stormtrooper Han's turn, he will taunt and give 30℅ of TM to the team. My question is: how fast the droids and stormtrooper Han need to be to when he taunts the droids are with their TM bar full again?

My JE has 253 speed (with his unique), the droids have 140 and stormtrooper Han has 160

@CptCaveman @Romec245

Impossible. And anyway, once Han taunts, it's too late. Even if your droids fill again, they don't have AOE attacks reset, yet. They have single attacks and can only hit Han and give enemy TM. And Ben mind tricks is coming instantly or very soon.

The point of filling tm on all ur droids at same time is so if a fast han under ben lead evades your first attack, he doesn't automatically go next. He has to roll against all ur toons who are already filled.

So, e.g., your JE has speed of 253. That is ridiculously fast. BUT unless ur droids have 140 speed, they won't fill. So say ur fastest droid is indeed faster than 139. But only one droid. Say it is hk or 88, and u start with an aoe. If han dodges, now han gains 300 tm points. If han is modded with 177 speed, he will now fill. Your fast/first droid also filled with the aoe crits. So now one of these two toons will act next. Either way u are screwed, because hk/88 can't finish off rey with one basic. Han will taunt before your other two droids.

If rey dodges, similar problem. She will go before u can kill her and have a chance to proc foresight. Now u will die, unless u managed to stick a block or stun on han.

If ur droids all have at least, say, 134 speed. What u could do is lower je speed to 244. Now when je goes, all ur droids fill. And they are all still faster than most reys and hans. So now if rey or han dodges, they have to roll against all ur droids that have full tm in order to go next. You have a chance to finish rey or block han before han and/or rey get to act, still.

If the han you want to beat has only 160 speed, all you need is 229 first-round speed to be able to stay ahead of him, even if he gets one dodge. So you do not necessarily need to fill TM. If you can get all your droids to act in tick 437 or faster, you can let them not fill, thus allowing you to set their attack order. And even if Han gets one dodge, all your droids will still act before him. To do this, your slowest droid need just have 126 speed. The hans on my server have 180+ speed. Can't out race them on a dodge. If han dodges, he is on deck.

@CptCaveman @Romec245

Impossible. And anyway, once Han taunts, it's too late. Even if your droids fill again, they don't have AOE attacks reset, yet. They have single attacks and can only hit Han and give enemy TM. And Ben mind tricks is coming instantly or very soon.

The point of filling tm on all ur droids at same time is so if a fast han under ben lead evades your first attack, he doesn't automatically go next. He has to roll against all ur toons who are already filled.

So, e.g., your JE has speed of 253. That is ridiculously fast. BUT unless ur droids have 140 speed, they won't fill. So say ur fastest droid is indeed faster than 139. But only one droid. Say it is hk or 88, and u start with an aoe. If han dodges, now han gains 300 tm points. If han is modded with 177 speed, he will now fill. Your fast/first droid also filled with the aoe crits. So now one of these two toons will act next. Either way u are screwed, because hk/88 can't finish off rey with one basic. Han will taunt before your other two droids.

If rey dodges, similar problem. She will go before u can kill her and have a chance to proc foresight. Now u will die, unless u managed to stick a block or stun on han.

If ur droids all have at least, say, 134 speed. What u could do is lower je speed to 244. Now when je goes, all ur droids fill. And they are all still faster than most reys and hans. So now if rey or han dodges, they have to roll against all ur droids that have full tm in order to go next. You have a chance to finish rey or block han before han and/or rey get to act, still.

If the han you want to beat has only 160 speed, all you need is 229 first-round speed to be able to stay ahead of him, even if he gets one dodge. So you do not necessarily need to fill TM. If you can get all your droids to act in tick 437 or faster, you can let them not fill, thus allowing you to set their attack order. And even if Han gets one dodge, all your droids will still act before him. To do this, your slowest droid need just have 126 speed. The hans on my server have 180+ speed. Can't out race them on a dodge. If han dodges, he is on deck.

I am sorry, I didn't explained the situation very well. The stormtrooper han with 160 speed is mine.
    I run hk47, ig88, ig86, je and him
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Oh. Ur JE is limiting factor for your droids by a hair. So all ur droids act at 253 speed, in tick 396.

Then after that they gain tm per their speed. Crit gives them 500, and han bomb gives 300. So they need 200 more tm to fill with han taunt. 200/1.40=143 more ticks. 143 plus 396 is 539. 1000/539 is 1.86. Ur droids would get their second Rd of attacks as early as effective speed 186, if hans taunt comes in time. Compared to 132/3 speed with no ST han tm boost.

Ur han would need 186 speed in order to get ur droids their second attack ASAP. Any faster on han won't speed them up (unless han gets hit). There Is 187 speed han on my shard.

I might have rounded wrong, so take with a tiny grain of salt. Plus or minus 1 speed.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    I wish there was a way to order which droid goes first after recalibrate, but there isn't. If any droid has speed of 110 or more, it's a tossup of which one goes first since their turn meters are filled at the same time. You can only set which one goes last, which would be HK without speed mods

@CG_Kozispoon what do you think about letting speed determine which droid goes first after JE's recalibrate? It seems the fastest one should, but it doesn't work like that.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    fudgra wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to order which droid goes first after recalibrate, but there isn't. If any droid has speed of 110 or more, it's a tossup of which one goes first since their turn meters are filled at the same time. You can only set which one goes last, which would be HK without speed mods

@CG_Kozispoon what do you think about letting speed determine which droid goes first after JE's recalibrate? It seems the fastest one should, but it doesn't work like that.

Make je faster, and ur droids can go in order. At top level arena, u do not want this to happen, though.
    Oh. Ur JE is limiting factor for your droids by a hair. So all ur droids act at 253 speed, in tick 396.

Then after that they gain tm per their speed. Crit gives them 500, and han bomb gives 300. So they need 200 more tm to fill with han taunt. 200/1.40=143 more ticks. 143 plus 396 is 539. 1000/539 is 1.86. Ur droids would get their second Rd of attacks as early as effective speed 186, if hans taunt comes in time. Compared to 132/3 speed with no ST han tm boost.

Ur han would need 186 speed in order to get ur droids their second attack ASAP. Any faster on han won't speed them up (unless han gets hit). There Is 187 speed han on my shard.

I might have rounded wrong, so take with a tiny grain of salt. Plus or minus 1 speed.

Thanks for the help, I will try to achieve that high speed on han and I would love to see what mods the han in your shard is using to get 187 speed.
  • fudgra wrote: »

There is a way. Like the poster above me said, you just have to make JE fast enough that his recalibrate doesn't fill turn meter completely. This does open up a gap between turns that an enemy toon can slide into and end up going before your droids.

I run a 276 speed JE and set my turn order to go 86, HK, 88, Nebit. JE fills 86, but not the others. There are gaps that an enemy can slide into, but I'm not worried right now.

Go back to the first post and there is a great spreadsheet that will help you set your turn order. Was kinda the whole point of this thread.
  • Bump for one of the best posts ever. Thanks again OP.
  • Bump for guildie
  • Great information on this post thus far. I just had a few questions/clarifications.

I am currently on a shard (in the mid 70s) that are dominated by Rex/wiggs teams with either full clones or Lando/biggs/sth etc

Based on the information I have read thus far is it appropriate for me to just speed up all of my Droid and not worry too much about the order?

I have the ability to give them all 100% TM after the JE recal (who has 253 speed)
    Would it make more sense to do this? Since I am finding that I don't often get a chance to hit them in order, let alone use my AOE because of the Rex lead/wiggs/biggs counters etc.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Nerfdruids wrote: »
    Great information on this post thus far. I just had a few questions/clarifications.

I am currently on a shard (in the mid 70s) that are dominated by Rex/wiggs teams with either full clones or Lando/biggs/sth etc

Based on the information I have read thus far is it appropriate for me to just speed up all of my Droid and not worry too much about the order?

I have the ability to give them all 100% TM after the JE recal (who has 253 speed)
    Would it make more sense to do this? Since I am finding that I don't often get a chance to hit them in order, let alone use my AOE because of the Rex lead/wiggs/biggs counters etc.

Turn order only matters if you want Hk to hit before 88 to give him that extra damage boost. If you face to many others that gain TM or have to limit you AoE use I wouldn't worry to much about it. Need to do what wins for you.