Simple Solutions for SWGOH including GW and credits

Prev1
dbraba01
268 posts Member
edited July 2016
I am a long time player and have been reading a lot of forum posts. I think these options would be simple fixes for the short and long term health of the game.
1. Credit crunch
There are several solutions for this. The first is removing the credit cost for starring and upgrading toons. It benefits everyone from ftp to ptw, new player and launch player. There will always be new toons, collecting and using them is part of the fun. The credit cost prohibits this fun for most people. I understand it was necessary when we hit 60 and 70 but it's not now. It would allow you to leave the cost of mods alone. It would also solve a lot of your galaxy war complaints. It would solve a lot of your mod complaints by letting people open the other tiers. It would solve a lot of your scoundrel challenge complaints.
The second is the challenges. Just change the credit amounts from 240 to the thousands.
2. Mods using cantina energy
You don't need to create a new energy for mods, you have one that is under utilized, ally points. Most people I know don't even use it. It is limited like cantina energy and you would still use crystals to refresh to get more ally points from ds/ls/cantina. Just scrap the bronziums or leave them, it would make no difference. People can still get there toons from cantina. I think that this would be win-win for both sides.
3. Remove the lower level mods from the higher tiers.
Rng is would be tolerated if the reward is worth it.
4. Raid rewards
A flat reward system would be the best I think. Every one that participates gets the same number of salvage. I think 20 to 25 would be a good number for everyone in the raid. You can tier credits and chances for fully crafted or something like that.
5. GW
I think if the above changes are made the complaints for gw would dry up. You would be able to have more higher level, modded toons to complete it.

There were a lot of good changes that went into the last update that got overshadowed by the problems. I think these simple changes would have a positive effect on the game. You would also cut down on future complaints on new content coming up like the new AAT raid and new toon releases. They would allow you to focus on bug fixes, new content, etc without disrupting anything.

@EA_Jesse just a quick note saying we will consider this would be great. Fellow community members please let your voice be heard here in a positive, constuctive manner. Help make our game fun and rewarding again.
Broncos Forever in the game
666-716-133
Post edited by dbraba01 on

Replies

• Options
    Solid post. This is a very week thought out plan.
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    Are you on my shard Arais? Broncos Forever here. What would you like to see done? I think this would would be simple solutions that could be implemented quickly without trying to disrupt too much.
    666-716-133
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Apart from mods using ally points.
    Agree totally
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    What would you like to use for mods? You could add a zero for ally points collected to make them viable. Example 20 is now 200
    666-716-133
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone else with feedback or ideas?
    666-716-133
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    Even if the first point is implemented, the millions of credits saved would be beneficial to everyone. Devs included because it would solve credit, gw, and mod battles in one fell swoop. People would be more apt to get new characters like myself. I would get Cody, spy, and zam but right now there is no point. I can't afford to star, level, and mod them to even make them gw worthy.
    666-716-133
  • Options
    Very well thought out +1
    Love the ally point idea
  • Options
    We have raid currency, galactic war tokens, pvp/squad arena currency, shard shop currency and credits, why can't we simply have a separate currency for mods, would make the game simpler in the sense you don't prioritise between mods and other upgrades
  • Options
    dbraba01 wrote: »
    Are you on my shard Arais? Broncos Forever here. What would you like to see done? I think this would would be simple solutions that could be implemented quickly without trying to disrupt too much.

Yeah, I am Bronco. That post should have said, "very week thought out." I agree with your post entirety. It's the best solution. I use Swype and it auto corrects things

I took a break from game but I'm back. Got some things in perspective
  • Options
    I also agree with your point about new characters. I have so many now I can't afford to keep them up let alone new ones
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Bring cantina energy rate equal to other energy problem solved.

Removing coin from stars is a good idea but will never happen because of all the coin or equivalent that would need to be refunded to everyone. With not having to spend it in staring toons, everyone would be flush with coin and they would be devalued.
  • Options
    You wouldn't have to refund it. Think of it this way, chrome toons get released to farming. You had an early advantage by having them to use. This would be no different really.
    666-716-133
  • Options
    Great points game wise, but money wise they will never giveup the income from people buying credits from data cards, and credits are needed for p2p and f2p alike.
    P2p even more since they buy chromium and need to upgrade toons f2p will no t run anytime soon.

• Options
    Maybe before mods but we lost a lot of people. I think they would make more money overall if they changed the starring and leveling cost. More people would get toons and need to gear and mod them. Instead of a few buying credits more would use it as a top off to complete a mod or gear. When you see you need 9 million plus to make a toon viable why buy 500,000. If you see you can fully upgrade your mod for that it makes it a little more palatable.
    666-716-133
  • Options
    I vote no
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    Options
    Only concern with ally points is the fear that some might have them stockpiled and others not. One approach could be to announce they're being used for mods and zero everyone's after a set time. Personally I'm fine with them replacing ally points with mod points though
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    dbraba01 wrote: »
    You wouldn't have to refund it. Think of it this way, chrome toons get released to farming. You had an early advantage by having them to use. This would be no different really.

You are crazy if you think ppl wouldn't lose their **** if they did that and didn't refund.
  • Options
    Those are some good ideas. Alternatively here are some other ones they could use.
    1. Credit crunch - Cut all prices in half, increase credit packs payout. This way credits remain a valuable commodity and are much less scarce. People can farm toons but still have to make tough decisions sometimes! Also galactic war would then not even not to be fixed as much
    4. Raid rewards solution -
    •T7 raids give out random 5 dot mods for top 20, and 4 dot mods for below.
    •T6 gives out 5 dot mods for top 10, and 4 dot mods for below.
    •T5 gives out 4 dot mods for top 10, and 3 dot mods for below.
    Ok maybe making them have a 100 percent drop rate is too much, but at the very least mods should have a CHANCE(40 percent) at dropping. They should definitely be in raids, even low level mods, people would enjoy having in raids.
    As for the intraguild competition in raids I don't have a solution for that, the only way they could fix that is possibly by making it based on damage i.e. All who deal 700k damage get top 3 rewards.

And btw make it so every member of the raid AUTOMATICALLY gets rewards even if they haven't attacked it. Some people kill raids too fast and their guild member may miss rewards because they were living life.. They shouldn't have to sacrifice a toon just to get rewards.
  • Options
    I'll use myself as an example. I have over 30 level 80 toons. I have another 15 that are 7 star. I have enough shards to make all but 10 7 star. I would love to have the cost gone from that equation. Excited by r2d2 or wicket? Unlock han yet? New aurodium in 2 weeks? Wanna gear, max abilities, and mod them?
    666-716-133
  • Options
    I prefer mods get their own energy and/or players get free cantina energy refills (like we do with regular energy), as opposed to using ally points. Other than that I completely agree with op.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    I vote no

of course you do you contrarian stooge.
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    We need to remember that this is the first round of mods also. There will be different sets and higher tiers with greater cost.
    666-716-133
  • Options
    dough wrote: »
    I vote no

Insults are against tos.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    dough wrote: »
    I vote no

Insults are against tos.

You two get along just fine, now kiss
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Maybe "mod energy' is better
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone else with constructive ideas?
    666-716-133
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Since they just increased GW credits by 114k (even though INRAJ claimed 150k..) I doubt that will be changed soon
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • TreTuna
    155 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with most of this, really like the Ally points idea because like you say, most of the people I know never use these, it's a waste of time.

I've always thought just taking credits away from leveling a toon would alleviate so much, that's 4.5 mill per toon, and even if they did this I would only be able to fully level less than 10 toons with all my training droids. Which means the training Droid event now becomes viable and people would spend energy on that, and in turn buy refreshes for it.
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    They should bring the key battles back which gives us more opportunities to get training droids and credits (6 total attempts daily).
    Mods using cantina energy now sucks, but when the new raid is released I think it'll be somewhat obsolete.