Here's a SWGOH Battle Engine Excel Model shared in Google Drive

StormTro0p3R_H
1643 posts Member
edited July 2016
For everyone excited to find a link. Please leave comments on it's usefulness to you, good or bad:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WPsxZZw_UWBr4x7DH5OasA8nOdIKgcpF2gjTX4F-l7A/edit?usp=sharing

Please download rather than use off the Drive. I've got an unshared version, obviously, but others may want this, too.

I've got the one-on-one model "complete" with a slew of limitations. Pretty much any negative status effect besides stun and turn meter reduction is not represented. Likewise, only turn meter gain is represented in positive effects. This is because the model uses average results in the attacks, so the effects can be convoluted. It won't be impossible to remedy, but at least a little work FOR EVERY status effect.

The positive is that it allows counters, multi attacks, stuns, turn meter gain, turn meter reduction, and customization of all mod bonuses.
Post edited by StormTro0p3R_H on

Replies

• Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    From what I understand, let's say tenacity is 40℅, and potency is 70℅. Tenacity negates 40℅ of that potency, so now chance to land a debuff is 30℅. Of course if tenacity is greater than potency, something else must be happening, such as everyone has some minimal potency after the tenacity is complete.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    There is some form of rng going on with potency vs tenacity. I have seen my sun fac with 80%+ tenacity resist 3/4 rg stuns in one battle.

Until a dev answers the question how it works there is only speculation.
  • Lianara wrote: »
    From what I understand, let's say tenacity is 40℅, and potency is 70℅. Tenacity negates 40℅ of that potency, so now chance to land a debuff is 30℅. Of course if tenacity is greater than potency, something else must be happening, such as everyone has some minimal potency after the tenacity is complete.

I've think they have mentioned the lower limit not being 0. Does anyone remember what it was?

I've think they have mentioned the lower limit not being 0. Does anyone remember what it was?

It was 15%
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Lianara wrote: »

It was 15%

Now we need to figure out default tenacity. If it's 7.5℅ ( just guessing), with potency and tenacity cancelling each other out there would be a 7.5℅ chance for debuff to occur no matter how much tenacity exists.
  • I'll be done with the excel sheet later today. I'll try moving it to Google drive afterwards an hopefully there won't be issues with functionality differences.

It was 15%

Now we need to figure out default tenacity. If it's 7.5℅ ( just guessing), with potency and tenacity cancelling each other out there would be a 7.5℅ chance for debuff to occur no matter how much tenacity exists.

I'm on it
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Default tenacity is 15%
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Thanks guys, excellent info.
  • Edited first post. Excel model is done, trying to move to Google Drive.
  • It is done:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WPsxZZw_UWBr4x7DH5OasA8nOdIKgcpF2gjTX4F-l7A/edit?usp=sharing

Please download rather than use off the Drive. I've got an unshared version, obviously, but others may want this, too.
  • Initial version didn't have armor so I've added that. Would like to say that this is excellent to compare different set-ups for certain characters against each other or versus a known troublesome character, like Rey or Dooku.
  • Thank you for the spread sheet. And for the time that went into it.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Where is the stat showing the incredible RNG boost that the AI always has?
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    RU486 wrote: »

Lol
  • Holy F.... people invest a lot of time in this game. I thought I played a lot but this spreadsheet is intense! Great contribution to the community even tho it would probably take me a day to figure out how it works lol
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Op has done a lot of math and provided good info on different mod group comparisons. Thanks for all the work!
  • RU486 wrote: »

You can adjust the proc rates for stuns, dodges, turn meter reduction, and critical hits to whatever you want, lol.

Holy F.... people invest a lot of time in this game. I thought I played a lot but this spreadsheet is intense! Great contribution to the community even tho it would probably take me a day to figure out how it works lol

I wish I did a better job on layouts...it's always been a weakness of mine. I just get the info down then clean it up afterwards. So the clean up usually takes faaaarrr longer than the info dumping.
  • So to all who were confused by my wacky layout and lack of directions, I have updated the spreadsheet to fill out much like a form with advice on where to get the info to fill it out. I've also hidden all the crazy computations and displayed easy to read results.
  • Just fixed the Critical Avoidance stat. It wasn't registering before so if you have downloaded the sheet, you may want to get this newer version now. It's easier to use anyway.

Devs have commented in other threads. You have it backwards. The chance to resist is tenacity - potency, with a max of 85 and a min of 15. So in your case the chance to resist is 15%. So in you example any tenacity less than 85 is pointless. And tenacity over 155 is pointless.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member

Devs have commented in other threads. You have it backwards. The chance to resist is tenacity - potency, with a max of 85 and a min of 15. So in your case the chance to resist is 15%. So in you example any tenacity less than 85 is pointless. And tenacity over 155 is pointless.

Is there minimum potency then, and if so, how does it interact with minimum tenacity?
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member

Is there minimum potency then, and if so, how does it interact with minimum tenacity?

The min potency is 0.

Tenacity-potency
    Tenacitcy can't go below 15%
    So even if
    Tenacity 20%
    Potency 155%

Chance to resist is still 15%