Arena Synergy or Glitch? (AI flurry of attacks)

I'm hoping someone can help me understand the synergy that kicked my butt today, because it was either a glitch or something I want to figure out how to create. Before I had a chance to move there was a flurry of 8-9 attacks that killed my team's 4* Lvl 51 Chewie.

(My Squad is currently Lvl 51 4* Chewie (gr V & Ldr lvl 4), Lvl 51 5* Talia (Gr V), Lvl 50 4* Poe (Gr IV), Lvl 51 4* Lumi (gr IV), and Lvl 50 3* JC (gr IV)).

My opponent was Lvl 52, their Character/Team Points were around 11,900, their Leader was a 4* Lvl 49 Phasma (Gear unknown), and their other toons were Talia, Dooku, Resistance Trooper, and Sidious (Lvls and Gear all unknown).

The match started and the AI went: Sidious AoE special, followed by Talia with a reg attack, then the Resistance Trooper did his special, then Dooku Lightning, then Talia reg attack, then Talia special attack, then Dooku reg attack. (Dooku may or may not have attacked twice here), and then Resistance Trooper reg attack.

Normally, Lumi or Poe get an opportunity to move after 1 or 2 of the AIs turns, but this time it seems like the AI got 5 turns: Sidious (Talia as Phasma bonus), Resistance Trooper, Dooku (Talia as Phasma bonus), Talia (Dooku as Phasma bonus), and Resistance Trooper again.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    If I had to guess, I would say Resistance Trooper exposed one of your toons on his basic (he gains turn meter via expose) and Phasma used her turn meter gain + advantage special at some point in there. That would account for resistance troopers extra turn. Phasma bonus procs were just bad luck, totally RNG screwed there bud, sorry. Sidious and Dooku are the fastest characters in the game so no surprises they went before your characters. For the record, character speed is entirely determined by their gear - it seems likely that their characters had more speed than yours, given your gear levels.

Hope that helps.
  • Options

I also had a bizarre moment today where Sid attacked twice in a row! The opponent leader was Phasma, but regardless, there is no way Sid can make two consecutive attacks. No, it wasn't Dooku as he was dancing with the dual light sabres. Strange...
  • Options
    Thanks, Ser_Phoenix. That helps. Phasma probably did move, but I didn't pay attention to it in the midst of the flurry of attacks. It's good to know that Gear Lvl plays that much of a role in regards to Speed. That explains some other battles for me more now.
  • Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    I also had a bizarre moment today where Sid attacked twice in a row! The opponent leader was Phasma, but regardless, there is no way Sid can make two consecutive attacks. No, it wasn't Dooku as he was dancing with the dual light sabres. Strange...

Someone else probably did an action and under Phasma there is a 16% chance that their attack with process a second attack from someone on the squad.

I suppose it is possible that the second attack could come from the same toon giving the impression that Sid attacks twice however I don't believe that is supposed to be the way it works.

• Options
    They all have turn meter trickery; every single one of them except Sid. I have a wicked turn meter squad, and if I pick up Sid as a sixth, he can certainly strike twice. Especially with a Phasma in the lead.