Mods VS Toons... Cantina Energy

Speaker4thedead
444 posts Member
edited July 2016
I am really torn on if I should continue spending all my cantina energy on health mods or on toons? I run an Anakin lead. I just saw an amazing YouTube video about Anakin lead after mods. On his lineup was Aayla Secura. She totally killed it. I am asking for assistance to the question, at what point is it more beneficial to add another character to my lineup, vs stocking up on 5* health mods?

My arena lineup has max mods, my raid teams have max mods, and I almost have my GW lineup with maxed mods. Plus I have a good bit of backlog of most of them (not all. The arrow looking one, I only have 1 5* of, while like 20 of the round ones.)

Aayla just looks like she could kill it!

Replies

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I'm sure others have different opinions, but if you're still farming health mods, I'd guess you don't have teams for the other high level mods. Personally, I'd farm the toons you need/want after your arena and perhaps specific raid/GW team have enough. Not all the teams mind you, just a few specific characters (teebo comes to mind).

Or, you could do something where your refresh goes towards toons, and whatever else you have goes into mods. It's splitting the output, but might make things more enjoyable.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    General thing is get mods for your main team then go characters, unless somehow you have all the cantina characters you want
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Don't go nuts on the health mods. They're not very useful outside of a few toons. It's better to equip a character with a 1* mod that will boost his actual strengths then to load him up with 5* health mods because they're technically better in a vacuum. For example, 1* potency mods make Teebo way better where's 5* mods will only somewhat make him better. Likewise, a combo of a 1* +Crit Damage and +Crit Chance on a droid will make him way more effective in what they do than health.

So figure out what mods are best for each of your characters and farm those from mod battles and only do the health mods if they actually fit the characters needs. Then just go back to farming whatever toons you want.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.