External addon?

I'm not even sure if it would be possible to make, but would a script addon be considered a cheat? I'm not talking about something that would alter code, just a program that could simulate the auto battle we already have in-game, but with individual user set parameters. Even if it's as small as only using basic attacks.

Replies

• scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Yes I think it is against game TOS. Would be considered a macro

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/webterms/us/en/pc

"Use or distribute unauthorized "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software program or applications."
  • Ok, thanks. Question answered then. Bummer.
  • Yeah, if you are automating your monotonous boredom, you are robbing them of the potential to frustrate you into making purchases.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Can't have that now can we?
  • Just because something is against the ToS doesn't mean they will automatically punish you.

If you made an account for the sole purposes of testing or obtaining data that was used to identify a bug, I'm sure accommodations would be made.

Lots of times games have a policy against automation, but they usually only enforce it for AFK automation. If you are actually present when going to automate, a lot of them will look the other way.

Now if you are talking about basically making your own auto battle button that functions according to the paramaters that you have set instead of theirs, I'd say it was iffy. You are modifying game play, albeit not significantly. You are also using a form of automation... but one that you HAVE to be present to use.

Don't know How EA/CG would see it.
  • How do you guys even find such old threads? :O