Where to fit poggle on my team

RayRevan
95 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hey,

I'm currently using Phasma (lead) Sid Kylo Lumi Poe on my squad arena team. But recently I pulled poggle from a bronzium pack and I liked his kit a lot, I was wondering who I can replace in order to maintain a good synergy. Also, have IG86 and IG88 (both are undergeared and underleveled at the moment).

Thanks

Replies

• Sid (leader)
    Poe
    IG-88/Kylo
    Poggle
    Kylo/lumi/IG-86 -->more damage or healer

Or Poe poggle and three droids

I don't know if poggle fits with phasma and Poe together. I haven't seen it much.

I'm sure there is other variations too. Glhf
  • alkaiser93
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Try to decide which AoE/entire kit it's more useful/suits your team between Kylo and Sid. Or just replace Poe with Poggle. Although anExpose + ATK Buff + AoE combo sounds delicious too
  • Thanks @Llewella and @alkaiser93 will definitely try it out ^-^
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'd drop Poe but then again, I don't see any huge appeal with him. His expose almost never works for me and at the 4 star level I have him at he doesn't hit hard. I don't feel the turn meter reduction trumps something like Poggle's awesome offense up ability.
  • Poe and poggle is one of the better synergies going atm. Poe's job is not to hit hard it's to keep your high damage dealers alive and grant more damage.
  • @shimmy @Llewella Yeah, gonna replace phasma with poggle and see how it goes
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    shimmy wrote: »
    I'd drop Poe but then again, I don't see any huge appeal with him. His expose almost never works for me and at the 4 star level I have him at he doesn't hit hard. I don't feel the turn meter reduction trumps something like Poggle's awesome offense up ability.

As mentioned often Poe shines 5* and gear 7. He does not have enough health at 4* to protect attackers.

As far as this lineup I would suggest eventually going Sid/Poe/Poggle/IG-88/IG-86. You can swap Lumi and IG-88 depending on the team you're facing. You'll be happy with the results.
  • @SlyGambit Yeah, I thought about this team, but then I would have no healer (I know this may not be a problem, but it bothers me, don't know why) and I love my Kylo. But sure, will try this team out too.
  • I would replace Ren. You already have heal immune with Sid. Put poggle in and get the extra damage on AOE and attacks.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Healers tend to be less value on defense or when attacking teams with heal-immune basics (Ren/Sid/IG-88). Lumi is primarily an attacker in her own right but I find that against those teams her value is a little lower. Plus as a Jedi she has particular trouble using her shot against Sid and dealing with Dooku's attack as well.

I have no plans on permanently benching her but I do plan on fielding teams without her when appropriate. The Sid/Poe/Poggle/IG-86/IG-88 has a lot of matching parts and IMHO when IG-88 gets his shot off is great against the current speed and DPS meta. My current Sid/Poe/Poggle/Lumi/Luke is great too and good enough to get me the #1 slot frequently enough against those same teams.

Ironically a Bariss or 2xHealer team might actually be a good counter to the team I'd field since it has the best chance of surviving a fully charged IG-88 shot. But everybody has just about benched Bariss.
  • I have high level Poggle and Phasma and they don't synergize well together. Both of them together means 2/5 of your lineup hits like a wet noodle.

I find myself using Phasma as lead the whole time in GW but replacing him with Poggle (with Sidius leading) in arena.
  • alkaiser93
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    I have high level Poggle and Phasma and they don't synergize well together. Both of them together means 2/5 of your lineup hits like a wet noodle.

I find myself using Phasma as lead the whole time in GW but replacing him with Poggle (with Sidius leading) in arena.

Actually, they kinda synergise each other. Poggle it's like a universal buffer. He goes well on any team.

Phasma (Leader, generate extra attacks)
    Poe (Taunt, Expose, Turn Meter Control)
    Poggle/AoE/DPS (Buffer, also could work as a pseudo blocker. That 60% chance to block ability on basic it's something)
    Kylo/Anakin (take advantage of Poe + Poggle combo)
    Healer/DPS

Also, if you use Anakin instead of Ren, there's no need to use Poggle since Anakin could work as a buffer too due to Smite's effect