Finishing 1st in t6 raid gives better rewards than last in t7

Prev1
For those that say finishing last in t7 raid gives better rewards than finishing top3 in t6 raid is absolutely wrong. Finishing top 3 in a t6 raid gives you 20 raid exclusive salvage pieces and 20 purple gear. Finishing 41st to 50th place in a t7 raid gives you 15 of each. Also you get more credits and guild currency if finish top 3 in a t6 raid than bottom 10 in a t7 raid. The only advantage is getting 1 han solo shard for finishing bottom 10 in t7. I started out in a t7 guild finishing in the bottom 10. I left and joined a t6 and finished 1st. After a few months we started t7 raids and now because i stuck with this guild i finish 1st in t7 raids. I already have 80 han solo shards which is way more than the people who started at the bottom 10 in a t7 raid and still remain there. And finishing 1st in t7 raid now gives me great rewards. In 8 t7 raids i got 2 fully geared raid pieces and the other 6 times i got 40 raid salvage pieces. I am in a much better position going forward

Replies

• a bit of a teampayer you are. "Thats is not how guilds work" ........
  • teamplayer, freudian error...
  • They use the term bottom but they don't actually mean 41-50 lol. Also, t6 takes much more time to complete! So yeah there's that too. For t7 just enter in a toon and you're gonna get awesome rewards.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    You conveniently left out that anyone ranked below top 3 in a t6 raid is going to get relatively terrible rewards
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    You r probably correct in saying that 1st place t6 pays better than last place t7....

Having said that, the chance of a full raid gear drop still seems a lot higher in t7. Its pretty rare to see a full raid drop out of the 50 people in t6, while there is always at least 5 or 6 full raid drops per 50 people in t7.

Also, I think that most people who are #1 for t6s don't end up being bottom 10 when they move to t7, unless they join a very overpowered guild. Additionally, t6 capable only guilds are generally a little less active than t7 guilds, so they run raids a little less and u get less rewarda. So if we are talking generalisations, it is probably still better to move from a t6 to a t7 guild, but obviously exceptions will apply, such as in your case.
  • I was dispelling the rhetoric going around that last place in t7 raids give better rewards than 1st in t6. I didn't conveniently leave out outside of top 3 in t6. As for fully crafted gear drops in t6 and t7 i dont have empirical evidence to say one way or another. I got 2 fully crafted raid gear in 30 t6 raid. I dont know what the actual drop rates are.
  • banjo1071 wrote: »
    teamplayer, freudian error...

Not sure what you mean by this. I actually think i was a team player and loyal to my current guild.
  • And to be clear. Finishing middle of the pack in t7 is much better than finishing 1st in t6. Also finishing last in t7 is better than finishing outside of top 5 in t6. I just saw so many people making blanket statements than finishing last in t7 is better than finishing 1st in t6.
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    That's the truth.
  • When it comes to value for effort, heroic is much better than t6 raids. You can spend five minutes fighting the rancor and get very good rewards in heroic. Most guilds need at least one refresh to finish a t6 raid and every player sends in multiple squads. That's a lot more effort than heroic raids.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Last in t7 is better than 4th or lower in t6
  • You are ignoring the chance for a full raid piece is exponentially higher in Heroic.
  • @lordrath yes..probably. @slickdealer i have no evidence on this
  • My initial post was only to dispell the notion that last in t7 was better than 1st in t6
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    jomamaphat wrote: »
    @lordrath yes..probably. @slickdealer i have no evidence on this

Our guild usually gets between 5 and 10 full crafts per raid in heroic... we never got that in t6

also... han shards!
  • So the moral of this story is if you suck at T7 go to a guild that does T6 and come in first?

Not sure what you're getting at.
  • No moral. I am not telling people what to do. But i started this because so many were saying last in t7 was better than 1st in t6. Simply isnt true. What people do is up to them. Just informing and correcting the misinformation
  • jomamaphat wrote: »
    My initial post was only to dispell the notion that last in t7 was better than 1st in t6

I doubt many people who get first in a T6 every time could not at least get 40th in a Heroic.

This is a meaningless post. It is a straw man argument. Anyone that good in T6 could find a heroic guild and do better than last.

• TreTuna
    155 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    gobears21 wrote: »
    @lordrath yes..probably. @slickdealer i have no evidence on this

Our guild usually gets between 5 and 10 full crafts per raid in heroic... we never got that in t6

also... han shards!

This is the big thing, we see the same, multiple full pieces of gear every t7. In 20+ t6 raids we saw not even half a dozen full pieces total. I understand the op trying to say that t7 last place is not better then t6 first, and yes, you get half the credit and guild currency amount and 15 vs 40 salvage, but exponentially better chance at full gear piece, and as it has been pointed out, even that is better then coming in under 20th place in t6, and even 5th-20th in t6 in very marginal increase over last in t7.

Now in your reference, yes, if you see your guild going to full T7s very soon, I would stay with them, but if not, or you are guild-less, a T7 guild will benefit you greatly. Luckily most are recruiting right now from the mass exodus following the mod debacle.
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • While the title of your post is factually correct, it is misleading to allow others to think that poor T7 finishes are worse than great T6 finishes. For the majority of peeps, You will fall somewhere between 2nd-48th in raids and the the gear obtained through T7 and the chances of full pieces are exponentially better in Heroic vs T6. Our guild did a few T6's when raids were introduced and i was top 15 each time then fell to 15-30th on our first number of T7 raids. While my personal RNG for raid gear was not good at all (0 full pieces in first 17 raids), the pieces i was getting far eclipsed anything i ever got in T6. T6 is a complete waste of time in my opinion.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    While I am in agreement in accuracy of statements, as has been said here the base of the argument is if you can perform Heroic raids you are wasting your resources performing a T6 raids.

The chances that someone hitting top 10 in T6 actually being in bottom 10 of heroic is slim, not counting missing the raid.

So overall rewards are better for the entire guild if you can perform heroic raids.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    You are ignoring the chance for a full raid piece is exponentially higher in Heroic.

This.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sorry, but this post is pointless. You come here to "dispel" yet are just being pedantic, and naive. Who is 1st in T6 but can't get top 40 in Heroic? No one who knows how to play is the answer. Apples to potatoes.

Here's a better post: Hey Everyone on boards, don't take everything so literally. Of course top 3 in T6 is better than 41-50th in T7 - unless you love Han (see even that isn't an absolute). Much more informative and accurate I believe.

Hail Santa!

• Amnor
    116 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    What makes you think you can rank top 3 in T6 when you are last in T7?
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Looks like someone is trying to make a barrier between the galaxy. Looks like you want more people to be in T6 so you can conquer and get better in T7 to pull ahead???
  • We had a guy in our guild do 1 damage in the raid and receive a full scanner.

There's your difference.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No moral. I am not telling people what to do. But i started this because so many were saying last in t7 was better than 1st in t6. Simply isnt true. What people do is up to them. Just informing and correcting the misinformation

I guess I see what you are saying, the direct quote is incorrect, but overy all the whole guild as long as you can beat a t7 is way better off then t6. Top 3 positions might not be better then bottom of t7 but overall it is better.

Also finishing 1st in t7 has nothing to do with your work in t6, well very little. 1st in t7 is about a failure specific set of toons to be able to get massive amounts of damage in p1..... it's a little different. It's truly easier to do t7 in a decent guild then to grind out t6.
  • I just swapped guilds from one that was doing T5-T6 raids to one that is only doing Heroics. I was #1 many times in those raids and now in heroic I'm a top 10. Hands down, no doubt about it, Heroic raids pay better gear than the lower tiers. Sure, I get less credits and guild currency now as I would as a T6 #1, but the value of the completed gear far outweighs the difference.
    Taters will be as Taters are.
  • Wait, how is a T7 raid quicker than a T6 raid?

My guild hasn't done any Heroic raids so I honestly don't know.

Couldn't a T6 raid be blown through faster?
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Wait, how is a T7 raid quicker than a T6 raid?

My guild hasn't done any Heroic raids so I honestly don't know.

Couldn't a T6 raid be blown through faster?

No. Tier 7 goes QUICK if you have enough heavy damage players.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....