Lando in Arena disappointing so far

djlott
469 posts Member
edited July 2016
Everywhere I use my G10 Lando it's crit city. Multiple crits back to back. It's like this in GW, scoundrel event, Critical Chance mod challenge, etc. Then I take him into Arena and I'm barely critting at all! Same team make up but just arguably very few to no crits. Of course this sort of cripples the one reason you use Lando. What gives? Is there something about a higher power Arena team that reduces crit chances? I'm using Lando for lead for goodness sake with 2x crit chance mods.

I dunno I guess I'm just disappointed that after using him for so long in non arena battles, i thought his crit chance would be the same whether or not he's in or out of the Arena. I did the Phasma thing but it destroyed other synergies I was using. I just want to know if there is some difference I'm missing between Arena and non Arena battles with regard to crit chances.

Was trying to break below 15 on my server with Lando but back to Ewoks I guess?

Replies

• brad83
    59 posts Member
    Options
    was thinking about putting Lando in my rebel team, thought with Ackbar lead, use his tactical genius, use Lando's special - get 2 crits, auto reset, use it again... figured that'd remove most toons protection
  • Dayma
    260 posts Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with Lando, his crit rate in Arena is so much lower than anywhere else. But what bothers me even more is that in defense he isnt using his Special 2 times in a row, he alwaus shots 2 normal hit and then special again (Just like it doesnt take the reset CD in account) so it is so broken in defense...
  • Options
    Dayma wrote: »
    I have the same issue with Lando, his crit rate in Arena is so much lower than anywhere else. But what bothers me even more is that in defense he isnt using his Special 2 times in a row, he alwaus shots 2 normal hit and then special again (Just like it doesnt take the reset CD in account) so it is so broken in defense...

I got a lando on my shard and i believe he did his aoe 2x in a row a few times in the last couple day- i remember cause it killed me, so now hes priority kill...
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    What team do you use him with? Make sure Phasma is on it.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    I fought a dude that had AA and phasma with lando and it seemed he synced up their speed so they attack together as one basically. He had tons of speed on phasma and before I knew what hit me lando was using his aoe continuously and I couldn't stop him. I will never underestimate that team again.
  • Options
    I have a gear 10 Lando also and I've found him amazing in arena... If he crits. When he misses that first aoe it sucks but when he does it's almost always a guaranteed win. Especially with QGJ offense up and phasma advantage. Blasting people over and over with it is just too much fun for me to ever sideline him. The AI on defense issue does worry me though
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    I have a gear 10 Lando also and I've found him amazing in arena... If he crits. When he misses that first aoe it sucks but when he does it's almost always a guaranteed win. Especially with QGJ offense up and phasma advantage. Blasting people over and over with it is just too much fun for me to ever sideline him. The AI on defense issue does worry me though

Sub him out for ST Han or Old Daka and you have your problem solved the easiest way.
  • Bartem
    45 posts Member
    Options
    I have a mod on one of my characters:+24% Critical Avoidance
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    Ok I guess I have to eat my words a bit. I was trying to force an Ewok synergy w Lando that just wasn't there. But w AA lead, G11 STH, Lando, Phasma and EE, I'm blowing thru dual taunt RG, STH, Rey, QGJ teams not even caring about the taunt. For the first time, AI isn't totally trying to blow away my EE from the get go. I think this team is gonna be a lot of fun.
  • Saritoss
    103 posts Member
    Options
    Im running AA(g9) (l), sthan(g10), rg(g8), hrscout(g9), lando(g9)

And i have no problems staying in top 10 each day :)
    The trick in lando is not to be greedy. How everyone runs dodge lead these days you start with stunning the enemy STHan either with RG or HRscout, target rey, lower rey to 50% and get crit buff from lando basic, pop tactical genius, x2 lando special. DONE
  • Options
    Boba Fett (L) Phasma, Lando, Rey, RG/STH
  • Options
    I'm in the bracket of Arena where everyone still uses Dooko and 5s, so Lando is pretty much no go cuz it's counter city. When I don't have them in the match? Yeah...he's pretty legit.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    No problems here almost g10 on my scoundrel squad with over 50% crit chance crit all the time in arena
  • Options
    I will say however, that if I am running Lando the AI almost always seems to target him exclusively until he's down. They know he's too deadly to leave up lol
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Lando is super potent if left up.

I'm actually thinking about running the following team

Bobba (L)
    Lando
    Zam
    Poggle/dengar
    Ig88

The damage potential there with Lando and 88 AoE with Boba stack and poggles is incredible not to mention thermal cycle with Zam
  • Options
    Piggies is one thing, that's a very good AoE team, but what about when the side guards are down and you are single targeting the Captain? I don't see much great single target DPS there, except for maybe 88 with the debuffs.

Unless I'm misreading your piggies comment.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Lando is super potent if left up.

I'm actually thinking about running the following team

Bobba (L)
    Lando
    Zam
    Poggle/dengar
    Ig88

The damage potential there with Lando and 88 AoE with Boba stack and poggles is incredible not to mention thermal cycle with Zam

You're not talking about arena right? Cuz in arena with this team I'd just kill Lando and auto the rest.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    Single target DPS is ok I don't think it's lacking bad but I don't think it excels when modded correctly they hold weight.

My Zam crits for 7k currently
    Bobba 6k
    Dengar basic with crit hits decent plus assist
    My Lando varies but sometimes hits 11k

So not terrible without AoE

Thing is my Zam almost has 200 speed now and the thermal cycle is near infinite
  • Options
    I experimented with a non-modded Zam and Thermal Scoundrels in Ye Olde Node 12 Trash...and with all thermals up, she's scary ridiculous. That's non-modded speed, L74 Gear 7, 6*.

A fully geared Zam? I can believe it. She got a lot of flack but again...not fully geared or starred and I've seen crits of 5k which is as much as some of my fully geared toons do.

Combined with statements that she's on the radar for a rework soon? Yes, she's one I intend to keep investing in. Placing her alongside Nute and Dengar seems like perfection to me. I just wish Lando provided more Leader speed, along the lines of Ackbar perhaps.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    I experimented with a non-modded Zam and Thermal Scoundrels in Ye Olde Node 12 Trash...and with all thermals up, she's scary ridiculous. That's non-modded speed, L74 Gear 7, 6*.

A fully geared Zam? I can believe it. She got a lot of flack but again...not fully geared or starred and I've seen crits of 5k which is as much as some of my fully geared toons do.

Combined with statements that she's on the radar for a rework soon? Yes, she's one I intend to keep investing in. Placing her alongside Nute and Dengar seems like perfection to me. I just wish Lando provided more Leader speed, along the lines of Ackbar perhaps.

Yes exactly what you said, I myself don't have ackbar but would like to see some set ups with those. I also wanted to see what nute could do on the team but I also don't even have nute.

Wait till you gear up Zam, once I hit lvl 79 mine will be g10 fully modded, once I get her basic omega it's just another 15%.

I swear my fav cycle is using the thermal with Zam start the firing cycle, with potency up I want to say 4-5 thermals hit 95% of the time start shooting and end the cycle with evasion down and possible expose for lando's powered up AoE,
  • Options
    Sounds like you've got the makings of a good squad! Keep experimenting and reporting back!
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I find that using STH to gain the turn meter from Dooku counters from Lando let's me get in more actual Lando strikes. So once QGJ uses his dispel special, I put up taunt on STH and fire away w Double Down AoE. I still have EE to rez and heal so if I lose Lando early, I can bring him back. Same with STH but less effective.

It all still seems a bit fragile to me though. Certainly the biggest issue w Dooku and Ben lead is Lando using AoE and hearing "whiff whiff whiff whiff whiff". Then I'm in a 2 cooldown nightmare. Even with Phasma Victory March, you can still miss.

But I am having a lot of fun. I never knew a battle could end so quickly. Ewoks are great but dam those battles are long.
  • Options
    Lando (L), Leia, QGJ, Phasma, ST Han and I made it to #4 today on a lucky streak. On a mature server.

Just saying you gotta hang in there, it's definitely possible but not every day.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Xader
    32 posts Member
    Options
    djlott wrote: »

It all still seems a bit fragile to me though. Certainly the biggest issue w Dooku and Ben lead is Lando using AoE and hearing "whiff whiff whiff whiff whiff". Then I'm in a 2 cooldown nightmare. Even with Phasma Victory March, you can still miss..

I added an accuracy mod to my Lando and it seems to help.
  • Options
    Lando (L), Leia, QGJ, Phasma, ST Han and I made it to #4 today on a lucky streak. On a mature server.

Just saying you gotta hang in there, it's definitely possible but not every day.

that's the exact team I'm planning to run once st Han is geared enough to survive without a healer. Beyond happy to hear it does well in arena!!