A disturbing pattern has emerged......

Replies

  • Options
    @El_Duderino , I feel personal finance should be taught in all public schools.
  • Options
    Disgusting. You are not our self appointed savior.
  • Options
    Someone needs to step up and change the system. It doesn't have to be me. I have plenty of other people who require my assistance all the time. If you don't fight for yourself the world will roll you.

    I'm the kind of person that comes to a job and works hard to create a strong labor union. You need to recognize a problem when you see one and act on it accordingly.
  • Options
    Someone needs to step up and change the system. It doesn't have to be me. I have plenty of other people who require my assistance all the time. If you don't fight for yourself the world will roll you.

    I'm the kind of person that comes to a job and works hard to create a strong labor union. You need to recognize a problem when you see one and act on it accordingly.

    Except for, it's not really a problem.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Someone needs to step up and change the system. It doesn't have to be me. I have plenty of other people who require my assistance all the time. If you don't fight for yourself the world will roll you.

    I'm the kind of person that comes to a job and works hard to create a strong labor union. You need to recognize a problem when you see one and act on it accordingly.

    Trust me, your point of view isn't any better than the next guys.

    People are free to make their own decisions, whether that is right or wrong just like you are free to make your decisions.

  • Options
    Nzchimeran wrote: »
    This game , after spending $120 on packs, is the only game I've ever felt ripped off by.
    Sad to say but I no longer spend money to buy crystals, I have watched my ranks fall, replaced by players who can afford the P2W.
    I will gladly post reviews about the awful EA random casino style drop rates, over priced garbage etc.
    If I can save others from my fate, I will gladly do so.
    Digital media is great at getting information out to others, players wise up, EA sales drop, prices get readjusted.
    If EA were not so tied up in dragging the heels on F2P, and giving P2P big advantages.
    For example, level 45 P2W groups are massively OP, purple geared, huge hit point pools, huge crits, Vs your same level F2P group of level 45 same toons even. It's ridiculous.
    A F2P will spend all the energy farming for gear mats, where a P2W just buys more crystals and gets whatever they want right now.
    The sooner you wake up to that the better.
    If ranks don't matter to you then have fun, but if like me you like to PvP, hard luck, get out your credit card.
    Even galactic battles filling with P2W, 6 crates in and it's against purple 5 star rares, no way you can get those toons there at level 45 unless it's P2W.
    I spent $120 and I'm no where near that at level 45.
    I see this game for what it is now, a glorified slot machine.
    My money is better spent elsewhere.
    F2P slowness for me now.

    You spent 120 on the wrong stuff. Just buy the Droid bundle for $25 and the rest on cantina or energy refresh for characters that synergizes with your team. You'll be number 1 and hold your position all week.
  • Options
    Nzchimeran wrote: »
    This game , after spending $120 on packs, is the only game I've ever felt ripped off by.
    Sad to say but I no longer spend money to buy crystals, I have watched my ranks fall, replaced by players who can afford the P2W.
    I will gladly post reviews about the awful EA random casino style drop rates, over priced garbage etc.
    If I can save others from my fate, I will gladly do so.
    Digital media is great at getting information out to others, players wise up, EA sales drop, prices get readjusted.
    If EA were not so tied up in dragging the heels on F2P, and giving P2P big advantages.
    For example, level 45 P2W groups are massively OP, purple geared, huge hit point pools, huge crits, Vs your same level F2P group of level 45 same toons even. It's ridiculous.
    A F2P will spend all the energy farming for gear mats, where a P2W just buys more crystals and gets whatever they want right now.
    The sooner you wake up to that the better.
    If ranks don't matter to you then have fun, but if like me you like to PvP, hard luck, get out your credit card.
    Even galactic battles filling with P2W, 6 crates in and it's against purple 5 star rares, no way you can get those toons there at level 45 unless it's P2W.
    I spent $120 and I'm no where near that at level 45.
    I see this game for what it is now, a glorified slot machine.
    My money is better spent elsewhere.
    F2P slowness for me now.

    Thanks you for this information. The reason I rant on this topic is because I know that most are in the same boat as you are including myself. @Nzchimeran gave it a chance and spent $120 on IAP, which for me would be an excellent customer, since most Xbox/PS4 games are half this price. Isn't having a customer spend $120 on this game enough, or must he spend apartment rent level money to prove he's dedicated???

    In this model, EA is turning away customers like @Nzchimeran since $120 in this game will do absolutely nothing for your game, a useless move of futility. In my eyes, if I could make $120 selling IAP to 80% of my customers, I'd prefer that over making nothing off of those same 80% and in edition, making only a few thousand off a handful of people. I too could see myself sinking in $200-300 if I felt the IAP gave me value for my money, no problem and I'm sure there are many who would do similarly. Sadly, even $200-300 will do nothing to improve much in your game overall so what other option outside of playing 100% F2P is there??
  • Options
    @Leapster , this is a mistake and one people need to be protected from. Sometimes you have to act in the best interest of others when they can't or won't do it themselves. Such is the case when a judge puts someone into rehab.

    What you said isnthe same thing people who opened senior video games centers said. It was just more gambling. They were wildly successful and springing up on every corner. Until the people stepped in passing laws against them. They are now all gone and rightfully so.

    It's not a mistake people make, it is the environment created by the people. You are trying to pretend like you have everyone's best interest at heart so you want to "speak for the people" or "protect the people" but that isn't your place to make decisions for them. Even if you mean well.

    This isn't even a discussion about fight for yourself or the world will roll you. It was about being objective and understanding the business model and process they have designed. Which is backed by stats, data and lots of information compiled from millions of players of many years and many games. They know what works - if this didn't work they'd of already changed it. The problem is people feeling entitled to getting everything everyone else gets but that just isn't how the world works and that isn't how this game works. They purposely put things out of most people's reach as something to "dream" for.

    There are so many problems in your country (Guessing you are from America like most in here - based on ip addresses) from this viewpoint. This could be extrapolated ten-folds to give you a very clear understanding of the mentality and lack of thought plaguing your country but this isn't exactly a political forum so I will digress....

    I don't know who or what senior video games centers is/are or said....
    I don't see anything negative in most of these articles I skimmed search the keywords you provided:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=senior+video+game+centers

    If you are trying to refer to Internet Cafe's that were popping up around the late 90's those were shut down for gambling laws because the state couldn't find proper ways to tax them. All of that was shut down because the govt couldn't collect not in the name of "helping/protecting the people".

    You guys have some crazy thought process that EA or companies are "out to get you", no they just don't care about you (there is a difference) - don't take this to the extreme they want people to enjoy and play the game but they aren't looking at you each as an individual you are data and clusters. They are here to "maximize profits" in any way possible. People need self-control and that is a lost art in today's world of instant gratification.
  • Options
    Thanks you for this information. The reason I rant on this topic is because I know that most are in the same boat as you are including myself. @Nzchimeran gave it a chance and spent $120 on IAP, which for me would be an excellent customer, since most Xbox/PS4 games are half this price. Isn't having a customer spend $120 on this game enough, or must he spend apartment rent level money to prove he's dedicated???

    Yet again crazy insane thought process and rational....
    No point comparing IAP to a console or full game for a set cost - They aren't the same product
    Nothing says he had to spend $120 or anything at all. He chose to spend and play the lotto choosing chromium packs. He didn't get what he wanted so he isn't satisfied by his luck, but if he got exactly what he wanted his entire mentality about it would be different and he wouldn't be making that post.
    EA never asked anyone to prove they were dedicated or asked anyone to spend money.
    YOU CHOOSE to spend as the individual with YOUR own mind. lol - how does this part not sink in...
    You don't NEED to have those premium characters to play, you just FEEL like you need them to compete because they seem strong.
    In this model, EA is turning away customers like @Nzchimeran since $120 in this game will do absolutely nothing for your game, a useless move of futility. In my eyes, if I could make $120 selling IAP to 80% of my customers, I'd prefer that over making nothing off of those same 80% and in edition, making only a few thousand off a handful of people. I too could see myself sinking in $200-300 if I felt the IAP gave me value for my money, no problem and I'm sure there are many who would do similarly. Sadly, even $200-300 will do nothing to improve much in your game overall so what other option outside of playing 100% F2P is there??

    EA isn't turning away customers they already have the customer. They made $120 from the customer.
    You stating that $120 won't do anything is insane. It is part of their revenue that combines with everything else and adds up to supporting their business and employees.....
    Your numbers of 80% and random guessing is pointless. These are facts or anything close to real data.
    The entire paragraph is just random nonsense. You keep going back to personal feelings of what you value the IAP as which isn't the same as EVERYONE else and how they feel. Tons of people are spending so they are disagreeing with your thought process with their money! Real money. Real data. Real people. Not make believe... not guessing... not pretend land.
    The comments of not even 200-300 will do anything is just insane and shows you don't understand this business model at all. It is about collecting a little or anything from a lot of people over a period of time. Not a one and done like consoles or console games used to be.

  • Options
    Leapster wrote: »
    Yet again crazy insane thought process and rational....
    No point comparing IAP to a console or full game for a set cost - They aren't the same product
    Nothing says he had to spend $120 or anything at all. He chose to spend and play the lotto choosing chromium packs. He didn't get what he wanted so he isn't satisfied by his luck, but if he got exactly what he wanted his entire mentality about it would be different and he wouldn't be making that post.
    EA never asked anyone to prove they were dedicated or asked anyone to spend money.
    YOU CHOOSE to spend as the individual with YOUR own mind. lol - how does this part not sink in...
    You don't NEED to have those premium characters to play, you just FEEL like you need them to compete because they seem strong.

    A game is a game, end of the day. The average customer doesn't acknowledge any difference between an Xbox game and this Android spin-off. Similarly, if a particular game for Xbox cost hundreds more than the other games, I'm sure customers would inquire why. I understand the player I mentioned bought Chromium packs which are a total ripoff, but they still cost $120 real money though. Should these stupid packs cost so much considering it's just gambling with no guaranteed anything?? That is the issue you don't see. We all understand that EA doesn't have a gun to our heads and that we can play for free, but why have a game setup where many of the items are not available for use by every player

    EA isn't turning away customers they already have the customer. They made $120 from the customer.
    You stating that $120 won't do anything is insane. It is part of their revenue that combines with everything else and adds up to supporting their business and employees.....
    Your numbers of 80% and random guessing is pointless. These are facts or anything close to real data.
    The entire paragraph is just random nonsense. You keep going back to personal feelings of what you value the IAP as which isn't the same as EVERYONE else and how they feel. Tons of people are spending so they are disagreeing with your thought process with their money! Real money. Real data. Real people. Not make believe... not guessing... not pretend land.
    The comments of not even 200-300 will do anything is just insane and shows you don't understand this business model at all. It is about collecting a little or anything from a lot of people over a period of time. Not a one and done like consoles or console games used to be.

    EA is indeed indirectly turning away the customer with their pricing, just as Ferrari is technically turning away most customers with cars costing more than the average person can afford. In the case of the Ferrari, I can always buy a Toyota but what alternative to customers have with SWGOH, I guess in your mind, go play another game but that is not a solution.

    As a final note, you are extremely emotional about this all Leapster and I can't understand why. For me this is just an opinion and in a few minutes, I'll have another thought in my head and this one may pass for a bit as I do other things.

    You don't need to PM asking for my business or school credentials, tell me I'm passive-aggressive, etc. If I wanted therapy I'd seek it. Second, I wouldn't volunteer any of that information to a person I don't know on the Internet and I'd suggest you do the same. I've had minor issues with others here in the past and even they can confirm that I never PM'd them to continue my rant, that's going too far in my opinion. I am what you see here, there is no reason to vet my credentials to qualify me to speak...
  • Options

    A game is a game, end of the day. The average customer doesn't acknowledge any difference between an Xbox game and this Android spin-off. Similarly, if a particular game for Xbox cost hundreds more than the other games, I'm sure customers would inquire why. I understand the player I mentioned bought Chromium packs which are a total ripoff, but they still cost $120 real money though. Should these stupid packs cost so much considering it's just gambling with no guaranteed anything?? That is the issue you don't see. We all understand that EA doesn't have a gun to our heads and that we can play for free, but why have a game setup where many of the items are not available for use by every player

    Still assuming what "most people" think again.. you put words in everyone's mouth trying to speak for them. You don't think people know the difference between buying a full game for a set price and playing app games with IAP? Can you really insult the intelligence of all these players that easily?
    The packs cost various prices and so do the crystal packs... YOU MISS THE POINT HE MADE HIS CHOICE.
    EA is indeed indirectly turning away the customer with their pricing, just as Ferrari is technically turning away most customers with cars costing more than the average person can afford. In the case of the Ferrari, I can always buy a Toyota but what alternative to customers have with SWGOH, I guess in your mind, go play another game but that is not a solution.

    They aren't turning anyone away. You have this mindset that everyone should be equal and that isn't how things work. So yes some people can afford to spend and some can't. You seem to get the difference between Ferrari and toyota that is the difference between f2p accessible chars and premium... this isn't complicated lol
    As a final note, you are extremely emotional about this all Leapster and I can't understand why. For me this is just an opinion and in a few minutes, I'll have another thought in my head and this one may pass for a bit as I do other things.

    I'm not actually emotional at all. I'm just blown away at the poor thought process and lack of understanding of business and how these things work. You only speak from feelings with no data and are fighting against all the data these companies use to create these products. It is the way it is because it works...
    The only part of this that would be slightly emotional is trying to get through to you being so dense and not understanding you can't have everything.
    You don't need to PM asking for my business or school credentials, tell me I'm passive-aggressive, etc. If I wanted therapy I'd seek it. Second, I wouldn't volunteer any of that information to a person I don't know on the Internet and I'd suggest you do the same. I've had minor issues with others here in the past and even they can confirm that I never PM'd them to continue my rant, that's going too far in my opinion. I am what you see here, there is no reason to vet my credentials to qualify me to speak...

    I PM'd you to take the conversation out of the forum since it hasn't been constructive and you don't seem to get it and continue with wild assumptions acting like everyone has to spend $1000 to play the game which isn't the case. Yes I asked to get some reference as to why you can't comprehend the business aspect of this model and say the things you say. If I'm speaking to a child who is upset his allowance doesn't allow him to play with people who spend a lot of money then we don't need to continue because your life experience and depth of understanding is limited and that isn't your fault.

    I didn't ask for personal identifying information I asked if you had a background in business, finance, economic, marketing or worked in this industry to have any substance to the claim you make. I don't even consider this a rant. I'm just arguing against fallacy in your thought process and the entitlement you are pushing for.

    All I see here is someone who continues to try to speak for the masses, make wild assumptions, act like you have to spend $1000 to even play the game and won't admit that everyone playing is an individual to make their own choices on how they do or don't want to spend.

    Like I said I took it out of here and didn't personally attack you. You brought it back to here and have been trying to attack me whether passive-aggressive or direct.

    I never even agreed the pricing of this game is fair or correct. I am only fighting for the individual right to make their own choices and not be lumped in with your wild assumptions of the "many". It's simple. If this model didn't work it'd be changed. It's working. They make money. They make more games. They continue to use the same pricing models on all of them.
  • Leapster
    124 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Anyways this has been more fun and a lot of laughs if you want to attach any emotions to it. If anyone is emotional you seem to be since you tried to call me out on here and have made these same posts over and over on the forums fighting for the same mute point with yet again tons of assumptions and guess work and speaking for others.

    I do hope for those following this has been rather entertaining though :smile: I know it has for myself and others who have messaged me.

    I'm bailing out. Feel free to get the last word or whatever will make you happy. I clearly struck a nerve and you answered more than enough in the DM but I won't actually call you in public - out of respect.
  • Options
    @Leapster , there were many names for these vile places. One sucf name was sweepstakes cafes. Here's a USA today article discussing them. They were draining the accounts of people. Something had to be done to close them. Just as something needs to be done to put an end to IAP.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/24/stateline-illegal-gambling-internet-cafes/6829731/
  • Options
    Leapster wrote: »
    Anyways this has been more fun and a lot of laughs if you want to attach any emotions to it. If anyone is emotional you seem to be since you tried to call me out on here and have made these same posts over and over on the forums fighting for the same mute point with yet again tons of assumptions and guess work and speaking for others.

    I do hope for those following this has been rather entertaining though :smile: I know it has for myself and others who have messaged me.

    I'm bailing out. Feel free to get the last word or whatever will make you happy. I clearly struck a nerve and you answered more than enough in the DM but I won't actually call you in public - out of respect.

    Thank you for the interesting debate. I too hold no ill-will towards you or anyone here for that matter. These forums were designed to express "opinions". I have one, so do you, both may be wrong perhaps, but that's what these discussions are all about. I'm sure we'll see each other again around these parts and I'm sure they'll be a post we both are part of where we may agree. Until then, take care...
  • Options
    @Leapster , there were many names for these vile places. One sucf name was sweepstakes cafes. Here's a USA today article discussing them. They were draining the accounts of people. Something had to be done to close them. Just as something needs to be done to put an end to IAP.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/24/stateline-illegal-gambling-internet-cafes/6829731/

    The article even states that they are being shutdown because politicians cannot tax them. This isn't a matter of saving people from their selves.
  • Options
    This was the first article I came to when looking for these businesses. Feel free to do a search for yourself. Our newspapers were filled with articles detailing the new levels of pain they were bringing to the populous.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Strong labor union .... Reverse crony capitalism , where you blood leech companies until they go. Under and then you moan that you got what you want!

    Unions are as bad as the companies , paying more money than you get workers in dues is insidious! But someone gotta get paid might as well be union boss as opposed to the guy who cuts the checks right?!?!

    Holla;)
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    This was the first article I came to when looking for these businesses. Feel free to do a search for yourself. Our newspapers were filled with articles detailing the new levels of pain they were bringing to the populous.

    That's an appeal to emotion. It is a very common tactic in American politics. Mainly its used when their are no facts or logical claims to support their side. Why need facts when you can harp on someone's emotions to get the response you want?
  • Options
    @pay2win , my point is the similarities between the sweepstakes houses, traditional gambling, and In App Purchases.

    @Vampire_X , you're using an extreme example. We need unions to return to America in a strong way. Employers cannot be trusted to see to the welfare of the workers without them. The Federal government isn't doing enough to help the citizens of the United States. If they were, you wouldn't see this big push to have a $15 an hour minimum wage. We need things like subsidized insurance and a return of the defined benefits plan. Real retirement options and not these lame 401ks. We also need an increase in interest rates. It's disgusting that banks aren't paying at least 4% on a savings account. If they could pay that during the Great Depression, they can do it now.

    People fought and died in America so we wouldn't all be wage slaves working 90 hour weeks in horrid conditions. If you don't believe me you can check history.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Vampire_X , you're using an extreme example. We need unions to return to America in a strong way. Employers cannot be trusted to see to the welfare of the workers without them. The Federal government isn't doing enough to help the citizens of the United States. If they were, you wouldn't see this big push to have a $15 an hour minimum wage. We need things like subsidized insurance and a return of the defined benefits plan. Real retirement options and not these lame 401ks. We also need an increase in interest rates. It's disgusting that banks aren't paying at least 4% on a savings account. If they could pay that during the Great Depression, they can do it now.

    People fought and died in America so we wouldn't all be wage slaves working 90 hour weeks in horrid conditions. If you don't believe me you can check history.

    I'd really love to touch upon what you said here because it's very relevant. If you can redo this one in the off-topic area, I'm sure there will be great conversation to be had on this because it is very important...
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Camalus
    Sorry but english is not my native tongue. Google said it should be supply and demand. In my language question is a little bit of a direct translation to the word I was looking for; supply. Scarcity is an assumption, perhaps more people than expected bought it.

    Anyway still EA/CG has the data and I'm sure they did their homework to know which pricing works best. Catch whales now, dolphins later? I don't think complaining about it will help but knowing a $5 toon was a succes and not knowing the $20, $50 and $100 dollar packs were, we don't have much to go by. I would love to see it lowered some day but I think we have 0 influence on that.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Btw my response was for 2 pages back, see this escalated quickly all :D
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I can't believe people think they need to save us from IAP.

    I also can't believe that people are comparing Xbox video games to Mobile F2p games.

    This forum is pretty incredible.
  • Options
    Never underestimate the power one person can have. However, in these circumstances, we need to stand together and exert a collective influence on the price system. We can help sway others in controlling spending. We can advise them on what makes the most sense regarding energy refills. We can discourage them from purchasing overpriced packs.

    Thats why we have free will. We are not lemmings to blindly follow along to our financial deaths.
  • Options
    Never underestimate the power one person can have. However, in these circumstances, we need to stand together and exert a collective influence on the price system. We can help sway others in controlling spending. We can advise them on what makes the most sense regarding energy refills. We can discourage them from purchasing overpriced packs.

    Thats why we have free will. We are not lemmings to blindly follow along to our financial deaths.

    People already influence the price system. You are talking about manipulating it.

    You say we are not lemmings blindly following others but you want people to blindly follow your lead.
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    Never underestimate the power one person can have. However, in these circumstances, we need to stand together and exert a collective influence on the price system. We can help sway others in controlling spending. We can advise them on what makes the most sense regarding energy refills. We can discourage them from purchasing overpriced packs.

    Thats why we have free will. We are not lemmings to blindly follow along to our financial deaths.

    People already influence the price system. You are talking about manipulating it.

    You say we are not lemmings blindly following others but you want people to blindly follow your lead.

    I'm talking about not buying into the ridiculous prices. This isn't about following me. This is about not getting taken by a greedy system.
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Never underestimate the power one person can have. However, in these circumstances, we need to stand together and exert a collective influence on the price system. We can help sway others in controlling spending. We can advise them on what makes the most sense regarding energy refills. We can discourage them from purchasing overpriced packs.

    Thats why we have free will. We are not lemmings to blindly follow along to our financial deaths.

    Except for, there's still nothing wrong with the price system-- no problem to solve. If things are too expensive then we'll not buy it, yet those who can and want to still have that choice. It's very simple stuff and nobody's being forced to do ANYTHING.

    I can't fathom how you keep referring to free will as something folks need in order to follow you.

    In fact, im inclined to believe this is a troll.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    Never underestimate the power one person can have. However, in these circumstances, we need to stand together and exert a collective influence on the price system. We can help sway others in controlling spending. We can advise them on what makes the most sense regarding energy refills. We can discourage them from purchasing overpriced packs.

    Thats why we have free will. We are not lemmings to blindly follow along to our financial deaths.

    People already influence the price system. You are talking about manipulating it.

    You say we are not lemmings blindly following others but you want people to blindly follow your lead.

    I'm talking about not buying into the ridiculous prices. This isn't about following me. This is about not getting taken by a greedy system.

    If i determine the price is fine for me, then the price is not ridiculous.

    If I determine the price is ridiculous, then I won't pay. Simple as that.

    We don't need you "protecting" us from something that doesn't need protecting.

  • Options
    The price structure is terrible. It's designed to hook the weak willed into overspending. Plus the pacf pricing has been insane for what's being offered.
  • Options
    *Pack
This discussion has been closed.