Fresh outta jail, time for a mod guide.

2Next

Replies

• Zeu
    95 posts Member
    Options
    just to point out.. if my rey goes first, foresight.. your rey tried to attack my rey and gets no damage :)
  • Options
    Zeu wrote: »
    just to point out.. if my rey goes first, foresight.. your rey tried to attack my rey and gets no damage :)
    Lol. Well, I'm not playing street fighter bro. I have 4 other toons, as do you. I can attack you with Qui God Jins assist, then one hit your Rey with my flurry of blows
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Zeu wrote: »

If you are facing AI QGJ is going to use humbling blow to dispel it. :D
  • Options
    Nice Thread OP! Thx for the effort

But I'm also of the opinion that speed matters most regarding glass canons in arena
    What happens if opponent's Rey goes first?
    I have to 'waste' Rey's basic to remove her foresight and start to kill her. You're always in big advantage if your toon goes ahead of the counterpart!
    Another point is GS: He needs crit chance, crit chance, crit chance
    Simply because every time he crits, he gets his TM filled to the half. You want his crit chance to be as high as possible
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    2/10
    Needs more tenacity.
    Fail.
    Royal Gods are everywhere. Can't do much in a match if your @**** is slowed down and stunned all the time.
    Well.. While I think your rating is poo, it is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Tenacity is a meh mod bonus. Seeing as it doesn't affect Han or RG's ability to resist dispel, it is useless to Tanks. Maybe Rey would need it but cmon. It's a stat that deals in RNG! If you stack 6 tenacity mods on a toon they gain 30 percent tenacity. But they miss out on all the other set bonus benefits. If you stack 10 percent, you will be hard pressed to notice the new change. If you stack 20 percent you invested a fair amount, and you probably will notice a difference, but it matters not. The crit damage modded toons are coming, and they'll be swift and they'll 1-3 hit most attackers. Royal guard is no longer a god now that I think about it. I have him with 83k hp, and it rarely saves his teammates like a god is supposed to. His taunt doesn't activate as much because toons are large amounts of damage now. My Count Doodoo can get about 30k hp.. He can easily get one shotted by a Rey with offense up.
  • Options
    Another thing I have my doubts
    You recommend crit dmg for QGJ but his crit chance is really low!
    Mine has about 20%. Dunno if it is a good investment
  • Options
    Bostonmess wrote: »
    Nice Thread OP! Thx for the effort

But I'm also of the opinion that speed matters most regarding glass canons in arena
    What happens if opponent's Rey goes first?
    I have to 'waste' Rey's basic to remove her foresight and start to kill her. You're always in big advantage if your toon goes ahead of the counterpart!
    Another point is GS: He needs crit chance, crit chance, crit chance
    Simply because every time he crits, he gets his TM filled to the half. You want his crit chance to be as high as possible
    Bro.. You literally have 5 toons lol. If your opponents Rey goes and gets foresight, use your leverage on their Qgj, take away his protection!! Then your Genosian soldier can possibly one hit ko him if he gets a crit and you have crit damage mods on! The AI is not smart enough to make use of a small amount more speed.

Also, I said crit damage mods for Genosian soldier, because his crit chance is already through the roof. Keep in mind he gains +9 crit chance from his unique ability. Now the choice is 30 percent crit damage or 10 percent more crit chance. My Genosian soldier already has 41 crit chance, plus the 9 crit chance from his unique. I decided that having 30 percent more damage was worth more than 10 percent more chance to crit. Some people might think different, to each his own.
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Bostonmess wrote: »
    Another thing I have my doubts
    You recommend crit dmg for QGJ but his crit chance is really low!
    Mine has about 20%. Dunno if it is a good investment
    Yeah maybe you're right. Offense may be better for him. I'm not quite sure tbh. Mine has a +8 crit chance mod, along with crit damage mods. My qui gon has around 34 percent chance to crit, so I figured it was worth more than just 10 percent damage. I'm not too sure though, it's close.

Edit; yeah you are right lol.
  • Options
    Monobrow wrote: »
    You missed protection on... Well, everything..

And in 9/10 circumamstances... Protection > Health.
    Protection isn't a set type. That's why I excluded it. It's just a primary stat and yes you're right, it is much better in almost all circumstances

Protection primary with potency speed and health secondaries is for every toon. Get a protection primary and secondary....better than gold.

Keep the rest. I don't care what the set bonus is. Taking ig-88 from 8000 protection to 12k plus....priceless
  • Options
    What you fail to account for regarding speed is that if my rey attacks twice with speed mods doing 20K and then 30K while you attack once with crit damage mods doing 30K, i would argue that I am winning the battle... In arena, speed is always going to trump all...
  • Dayma
    260 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    however for attackers such as Rey or Leia, it just doesn't make sense to choose speed mods over the extra damage they could have. Rey has around 160 original base speed I think. So that becomes +16 speed once you have 4 speed mods equipped. Would you really take 16 more speed over 30 percent more crit damage? She already has atleast 40 percent crit chance. Critical damage will be the most common mod, and the most effective. Speed kills yes, 16 more speed? Over the chance to do ALOT More damage? No. It's just not worth it. Sure, your Rey can go first and deal 13k with her leverage. Then my Rey will go and do 18k with her leverage. It's literally less than 10 percent more speed for your toon bro. This game isn't a one on one game. Dealing much more damage trumps having a little bit more speed
    Well just a few things here :
    - Dont forget in Arena we have Crit resistance (at least a few %) so basically you always crit less in arena than in challenges or Mods battle.
    - That +16 Speed can make the difference between you Rey wasting or not a turn in the opponent Rey. Or if your Leia/Rey will be able to Stealth before JE goes first and pump up the whole team, or if rey + leia can 2 shot opponent Leia before she even get a turn. That +16 CAN (or not) change everything, depending on the Arena player you are facing (and again that is the only relevant argument on "how to mods your arena team").
    - This game has never been who deal more Dammage wins, it's always been who disable / kill the 2 or 3 Dammage dealer of the team who wins. That's why OB can be a winning horse or a total useless toon depending of him ability block success.
    - If you talk about QGJ I assume you are not playing B2 nor Sun Fac so basically you are no threat in Arena. Cheers.

And remember, a Rey that attacks more is as much more chances to have Foresight, she doesnt need more dammage at all, she needs to hit a lot and to survive through the 3rd turn.
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Out on bail, fresh out of jail, California dreamin....

That was the first thing I thought of, and was going to post, before I saw yours, LOL!!!

"soon as I step on the scene I'm hearing hoochies screamin'"

• Options
    Dayma wrote: »
    however for attackers such as Rey or Leia, it just doesn't make sense to choose speed mods over the extra damage they could have. Rey has around 160 original base speed I think. So that becomes +16 speed once you have 4 speed mods equipped. Would you really take 16 more speed over 30 percent more crit damage? She already has atleast 40 percent crit chance. Critical damage will be the most common mod, and the most effective. Speed kills yes, 16 more speed? Over the chance to do ALOT More damage? No. It's just not worth it. Sure, your Rey can go first and deal 13k with her leverage. Then my Rey will go and do 18k with her leverage. It's literally less than 10 percent more speed for your toon bro. This game isn't a one on one game. Dealing much more damage trumps having a little bit more speed
    Well just a few things here :
    - Dont forget in Arena we have Crit resistance (at least a few %) so basically you always crit less in arena than in challenges or Mods battle.
    - That +16 Speed can make the difference between you Rey wasting or not a turn in the opponent Rey. Or if your Leia/Rey will be able to Stealth before JE goes first and pump up the whole team, or if rey + leia can 2 shot opponent Leia before she even get a turn. That +16 CAN (or not) change everything, depending on the Arena player you are facing (and again that is the only relevant argument on "how to mods your arena team").
    - This game has never been who deal more Dammage wins, it's always been who disable / kill the 2 or 3 Dammage dealer of the team who wins. That's why OB can be a winning horse or a total useless toon depending of hiw ability block success.
    - - If you talk about QGJ I assume you are not playing B2 nor Sun Fac so basically you are no threat in Arena. Cheers.

And remember, a Rey that attacks more is as much more chances to have Foresight, she doesnt need more dammage at all, she needs to hit a lot and to survive through the 3rd turn.

+1000 well analyzed, the OP is living in denial regarding crit damage mods on all...
  • Options
    Sticky requested.
    @EscapeArtist51
  • Options
    My team's mods:

CS: crit chance, health
    Fives: health, potency
    Plo Koon: health, potency
    QGJ:Health, potency(speed primary)
    Yoda:same as QGJ

Tarkin:potency and health
    Vader:defense, health, potency
    RG:Health, tenacity
    Stormtrooper:health, defense
    Snowtrooper: health, potency
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Out on bail, fresh out of jail, California dreamin....

That was the first thing I thought of, and was going to post, before I saw yours, LOL!!!

"soon as I step on the scene I'm hearing hoochies screamin'"

LOL! This!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    Options
    Speed is one of the top sets, along with crit damage, potency and crit chance (for now, until they release new mod sets)
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Potency, crit change/damage and health are top ones
  • Options
    Is accuracy and potency the same thing?

I have those two stats to Count DoAdo and he's kicking more butts than the usual
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Is accuracy and potency the same thing?

I have those two stats to Count DoAdo and he's kicking more butts than the usual

No, Accuracy makes you "miss" less and Potency gives you more chance to land things like stuns, ability block, speed / offense down, etc.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    First, let me welcome you back to Gen Pop! Second, thank you for organizing this and I hope it gets stickied or something.

I'll weigh in with my opinion on Speed. I feel 16 speed is totally worth it, for the reasons others have listed. 16 Speed is pretty significant. And with Rey specifically since she does so much damage, you don't get extra credit for overkill. But having her go before her enemies can arguably be a much better option.

Regardless, this is a great beginning to a valuable resource of information and I'm sure as the number crunchers finish their work we'll have some solid data to make a guide to help everyone.
  • Options
    Suggestion for guide: tell people what the requirements are for mod challenges.
    Getting x set mod might sound exciting, but if I have 1 eligible character for the challenge, I don't know if I want to spend that much precious cantina energy getting there.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?