My exp with Sid, Dooku, Lumi, Geo and Poggle

Recently I changed my arena team to the setup mentioned above, after grinding both Geo and Poggle to 4 stars.
First of, I am amazed... Poggle's buff turns the whole squad into hard hitters (esp. Geo and Lumi) and his chance to ability block for the rest of the game is nice added value since he lacks hard damage.
Geo is just dishing out awesome dmg with his assist call special, which can be upgraded so that you can actually use it every second turn!
Lumi always going last in this setup, benefits in her first turn from Poggle's buff (8k ability block special ftw) and may save your toons in turn 2 with her heal+hot.
Dooku and Sid do not need further explanation and their speed helps a lot to gain control in early combat.

Best thing is, Poggle becomes useful as soon as you have upgraded his buff (still, you want to gear him up to increase his speed, so that more toons have a chance to benefit from his buffs in the first turn. Geo on the other hand, is incredibly easy to bring to max gear (I do not remember needing a single epic gear part).

I grinded them by getting Poggle in GW shipments (there are also 2 hard mode battles if you want to speed it up) and geo doing 2 cantina refills each day (funded by arena rewards). So you actually can raise them in a considerably short time.

Since I put them in my squad two days ago reaching spot 1 has been a breeze. Before it has been a struggle and sometimes not possible at all or only with spending crystals for additional tries.

Today I was even able to beat the hardest team on my shard (fielding Poe, Rey, Fotp, Lumi and Sid), which is sitting on spot 2 for over a week. Granted I was very lucky by stunning Lumi and Poe with my Dooku... but still I did not lose a single char, whereas I had no chance at all against him without Poggle and Geo.

Sid 7* (leader)
Lumi 7*
Dooku 4*
Poggle 4*
Geonosian Solider 4*
Power rating: 19,587

Tldr:
Sid, dooku, poggle, geo and lumi are an awesome ftp combo (except dooku... I got him with starter pack but still, you can get him as a mid term project by 1x refilling his hard nodes daily).

Thought I share my experience and hope it helps some people who are considering to get Poggle/Geo.

Replies

• Stun is the best key
    This world is not of those who have money , nor of those who have power !
  • Shiro wrote: »
    Stun is the best key

True! I want to test the setup with Daka instead of Lumi as well, to see if it performs better on offense/defense. But I am not sure if the reduced burst dmg will be compensated by reducing enemy actions due to the stun chances. The revive chance on heal may be nice as well if the enemy does not focus Daka first. I have her on 6* and will post results when I tested her in this setup.

Another possible Lumi sub I am working on is hoth rebel scout with his turn meter manipulations and 40% stun chance on his special. I have him 3* but only gear lvl 2 so far. If his dmg scales well when maxed gear he could replace Lumi as well and would be the 5th high speed ftp char in the squad. But at the moment I have the feeling his dmg will be underwhelming and thus I am not sure if it is worth to replace the only healer spot with him.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the share. I myself regret not working on both after reading similar thoughts here on the forum. Geo was so very pfft when I first got him and, darn, he's ugly...

My wife's working on a Droid team with GS and Poggle. I faced a team like that once, and once was enough for me.
  • Trépidant
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Attack bonus is better than stun no ?