Droid Squad questions

Just looking for some input from some folks who have personal experience running with HK-47, IG-88 and 86, Poggle, and other various droid synergy compositions.

What did you find were the major fallbacks? What worked very well? Which toons if any listed above fit well into other team comps?

Replies

• I have them and not far from getting poggle. I can only say at moment that JAWAS suck!!!!
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • I run a droid squad in the arena with decent results. Use HK as your leader and you'll be very fast indeed. The droids don't evade very well and can be glass-cannoned down, so choose your targets with care.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • AnonymousLlama
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    4* HK
    5* 86
    4* 88 (5* this week)
    4* Poggle (5* tomorrow)
    4* 100 (5* tomorrow)

Been grinding. Haven't tested much in Arena. Most are close to max gear/ability level. Can say for sure they tear through PvE and Challenges. Good for late round one-offs in GW. Borrow a Sidious with HK as leader you you get nearly a 2 to 1 turn rate against most anyone, even Jawas, all while dealing obscene amounts of damage. Nearing a 5* Old Daka as well. She can turn a loss in to a 1 or 2 Star victory in the worst case scenario.

I've seen a lot of people say they see droid squads a bunch. I've never come across one in the arena, personally.
  • Add Poe to your squad. The strongest droid team on my server can hold the TOP3 position daily.
  • Kang0306 wrote: »
    Add Poe to your squad. The strongest droid team on my server can hold the TOP3 position daily.

I have a 3* at the moment, haven't paid much attention to him so far. I'll definitely look in to it when I finish my 3 current grinding projects. I'm sitting on Vader and Tarkin, too, that I don't have the resources to even think about. Hoping things smooth out a bit when I complete the droid core.

Thanks!
  • I've also noticed that no one ever mentions MagnaGuard when discussing droid teams. I rushed in to in blindly and think I may have wasted valuable resources. Then again, so far he holds his own as far as generating extra turns and debuffs.
  • Poggle with Sidius, IG-86 and IG-88 is amazing. I'm currently using JC as my 5th to keep healing but I would rather use Poe. The IG's do an insane amount of damage but they are easy to kill. You will need a taunting tank or a healer.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    Poggle with Sidius, IG-86 and IG-88 is amazing. I'm currently using JC as my 5th to keep healing but I would rather use Poe. The IG's do an insane amount of damage but they are easy to kill. You will need a taunting tank or a healer.

That's a crap team. Sidious is garbage in a droid team. A droid team without hk47 and Poggle is pointless
  • So a HK47, Poggle, Poe, IG88,IG86 team will work best... What about GS? He does fits well with Poggle, giving him an extra 8% critical chance...Can they free up another slot for PVP? haha.
  • Regardless of what J7000 says Sidius works well with IG-88. Sidius and IG-88 both block heals and IG-88 gets an insane damage boost from Sidius' dots. I often borrow my friend's 7* hk-47 and it's really nice with ability block on it's AOE but I like Sidius better cause he does more damage, has heal block and has amazing synergy with IG-88. As far as health goes, I'd say they're even because hk-47 is a freaking tank but Sidius heals whenever someone from either team dies.
  • forcedino wrote: »
    So a HK47, Poggle, Poe, IG88,IG86 team will work best... What about GS? He does fits well with Poggle, giving him an extra 8% critical chance...Can they free up another slot for PVP? haha.

I'd go GS but I think you'll be happy either way.
  • I run Droid squad for the sole purpose of GW, as my B team. HK, 88, 86, Poggle and Poe, HK leader for speed and crits. They are all at 60, purple gear and 5 stars. They do insanely lot of damage when they get goin. I'm working on staring up 88 and 86 from shipments and cantina and looking forward for the fun in GW once they are 7 star
  • Building a droid team has been a side project for me for a while and it's coming along nicely, I've played with them in Cantina and GW and it's very promising so far but they're not tuned up for arena yet.

Lobot adds 21 speed and 10% potency to droids with his lvl 5 leadership skill plus he gains 4% speed and 2% tenacity per living droid ally with his unique skill at lvl 4.
    His basic has high %, 2 turn defense down (65%@L3), and his special is ally debuff cleanse like Akbar that heals and also gives Lobot some turn meter per living droid ally.

So far I'm running:
    5* Lobot, lvl 60, gear 7
    5* IG-88, lvl 58, gear 7
    4* HK-47, lvl 60, gear 7
    4* IG-86, lvl 50, gear 6.
    Usually add 7* Lumi or 6* Daka who is also fast and sometimes Sideous.

All Droid / Lobot abilities lvl 3-4 so far. They are Faaaaast already and hit hard with a good mix of AoE and single target. I'm going to farm Poggle once my Phasma is 7* (just got to 6* today on her so still 90 more shards to go, ughhhh).

Poggle's added special buffs for droid speed and damage and increase in his own evasion from droid synergy and this combo at 7* ought to be able to burn most teams down on defense, even without a healer (except the Lobot special). Might also try Poe down the road in place of Poggle if they prove too squishy for the damage dealers.

Only drawback is how hard Lobot is to farm.
    I got lucky today though on a free Bronzium when he dropped again and got converted to 25 shards which probably would have taken almost 2 weeks to farm.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • AnonymousLlama
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    Regardless of what J7000 says Sidius works well with IG-88. Sidius and IG-88 both block heals and IG-88 gets an insane damage boost from Sidius' dots. I often borrow my friend's 7* hk-47 and it's really nice with ability block on it's AOE but I like Sidius better cause he does more damage, has heal block and has amazing synergy with IG-88. As far as health goes, I'd say they're even because hk-47 is a freaking tank but Sidius heals whenever someone from either team dies.

Sid heals himself when ANYONE dies. Yours or theirs.