What defines a turn?

I've noticed that debuffs that last a turn are removed at the end of the next immediate turn. So if a debuff is applied to a target with 50%, the effect will only last half of a turn. Is this intended? Seems like a bug.

Replies

• 1 turn=1 attack. Debuffs SHOULD be measured by the turns used by the character who applied them. It doesn't seem to work that way though.
  • In my opinion, stuns and ability blocks should only last until the debuffed character's next immediate turn (or the one after if it's a 2 turn debuff).

I'm not so sure about debuffs being measured by the casting character's turns though.

What happens if you get debuffed with healing immunity by Sidious, and let's say you have Chewbacca and Grand Moff Tarkin (who have the ability to reduce an enemy's attack bar on hit) and both hits on Sidious proc.

This means you've essentially delayed his next attack and therefore prolonged the amount of time the healing debuff is on your character.
  • woodchuck
    53 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Slushie wrote: »
    In my opinion, stuns and ability blocks should only last until the debuffed character's next immediate turn (or the one after if it's a 2 turn debuff).

I'm not so sure about debuffs being measured by the casting character's turns though.

What happens if you get debuffed with healing immunity by Sidious, and let's say you have Chewbacca and Grand Moff Tarkin (who have the ability to reduce an enemy's attack bar on hit) and both hits on Sidious proc.

This means you've essentially delayed his next attack and therefore prolonged the amount of time the healing debuff is on your character.

the opposite scenario can also suffer from this unintended (?) side effect. if the debuff duration is measured by target's turn, then the debuff can also be prolonged if you have Tarkin and Chewy on your team and both hit the target and get the attack bar proc (assuming they go before the target does, and there is no target selection bug happening).

can the developers chime in and clarify the mechanics on this? so that we may better strategize accordingly?

thanks!
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    That also made me think of something else. If a debuff duration is dependant on the casting character, then does it mean as soon as the casting character is defeated the debuff is immediately removed?

Or does it remain on until the end of the match because the dead character can't take any more turns? :p

I'm joking about the last sentence obviously. :D
This discussion has been closed.