do any of the game modes get harder if I upgrade characters from 6* to 7*?

I have a few characters I want to upgrade to 7*, I have the shards already, but I heard that galactic war gets harder the higher stars your characters are, if this is true I wont raise them to 7* cause galactic war is hard enough already! does anyone know for sure?

Replies

• TavenRendar
    179 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes, it does. I see more full 6-7& teams towards the end now on my GW, towards the end though.
  • ok thanks Taven, I wont upgrade these guys until later then so I can keep farming galactic war. Is it just star ratings of characters that determines galactic war difficulty or is it other factors too?
  • I knew it.... Always finding out when i've done the deed. Boosted sidious to 6* so far, but rest of team still at 3-5*. GW gets hard like really hard! Have to start catching up the rest now. At least i can still make it to last stage, but opponents knock my guys in one round!
  • I feel as tho this thread was bait for someone to say yes GW gets harder...no **** what wouldnt it. If you get better why wouldnt galactic war be harder
  • I think it's more of leveling in a more balanced approach. Instead of having one 7* toon when the rest of your guys are 4*, it's probably better to raise them all about equally, and then making the jump. I personally waited until I had two 5* toons before I promoted one to 6*, and I did the same from 6* to 7*. I currently have ten toons all lvl 60+ (I'm currently level 62) and all ranging from 4* to 7*. This makes my GW runs easier.

Of course this is from the F2P perspective, which is a slow grind. If you are spending money you can level much more quickly and not have to worry about GW difficulty as much because the rest of your toons catch up to 7* in no time.
  • I noticed a huge difficulty jump in GW when I upgraded my Lumi from 6* to 7* (thus making my 2nd 7* next to Sid). Beforehand, I was winning consistently every day and only ever encountered tough teams around the last 3 battles or so. I now encounter teams on par with the difficulty I used to experience in the last 3 battles, but consistently from battle 6 until the end. I barely managed to win today with 3 toons left out of 27 total. I fear that my win streak will finally be coming to an end within the next few days if this tend continues.