Lack of credits is killing the excitement of new toons

We need a raise boss.. I have no monies. If I were handed 20 mil, I still would need more to level up and star up a lot of my characters.. According to our guilds accountant, it will take a minimum of two months to get enough credits to bring up a new arena team(5 new toons) from scratch to max stars and level. Let that sink in for a second, two months of playing the game correctly, saving up, and spending only on those toons. That's poo. If I were to compare this to another game that emphasizes collecting. I would do it with Pokemon. In Pokemon games it does not take two months to get a full team to level 80, or at level 100. Heck, when I finish a raid, I'm more happy to see the credits than the actual raid gear.

There have already been so many solid solutions the player base has provided to fixing the credit depression. These are just the most common ones:

1. Make galactic war increase credit rewards(by ALOT MORE)

2. Significantly reduce the credit cost of leveling up. (we already have to use training droids!!!)

3. Remove the cost to star up toons.

4. Give us more chewy shards

But yeah, I can't wait two months to bring out a new team, I can't wait two weeks just to max out a new character. It's killing the excitement, i have about 6 toons at max gear, and I'm tired of using them for everything, over and over again. I'm tired of fighting the same teams over and over again. Everyone is feeling the lack of diversity and the credit crisis. Lack of Credits is also helping to cause a lack of diversity in arena, and it should really be the last thing doing so. If this isn't fixed soon, revenue will continue to drop and a lot of players will get bored with the game.

TL;DR: ITS MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW

Replies

• i agree, but chewy shards should be #1...
  • JinnNu
    71 posts Member
    that's exactly how EA makes money.
  • JinnNu wrote: »
    that's exactly how EA makes money.
    Well it's gonna cost them some money if they don't fix this credit crunch. I've seen two furnaces in shipments already. But I no longer spend money on this game because I can't level up my toons. What's gear useful for when the toons I want Equip it. I guess they want us to all be in poverty. I am sitting on 3 mil right now, but I can't even max out one toon with it. Like wow. And if we make a bad decision on which toon to spend on, we're screwed, gotta wait even longer
  • CapnnRex
    184 posts Member
    They want you to buy crystals so you can buy credits. They do not seem to care about the F2P players. More evidence of this is the new Biggs, Wedge re work. Never mind it appears to be broken, the only people who actually have Wedge is the P2P players. They just do not understand or do not care that no matter how much you modify the game to the P2P players you will always have more F2P players and you better keep the majority of your players happy or you will be out of business.
  • The funny thing is i cant even make characters viable because of a sever lack of credits that i can obtain just through playing the game. So why in my right mind would i ever spend money on chromium packs to get more shards for characters i cant use? I thought this game was about collecting my favourite star wars characters. Turns out with the latest changes i can use a handfull of the same toons everybode does, since there is no way to get other up to speed, especially with mods.

The credit crunch was horrible before mods, at this point its just ridicolous. Takes all the fun out of gathering shards and characters. As if gearing wasnt bad enough in terms of time/money investment as progression. Somethin seriously has to change, else they will just have watch how the playerbase and their income is dwindeling away, but they dont seem to realize it yet. Doesnt help that clearing galactic war as the main source of income is frustrating and a chore instead of feeling fun on top of that
  • CapnnRex
    184 posts Member
    I 100% agree with you Serenthor
  • How about we cut mod prices in half, remove the money portion of levels and keep the starring cost
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • ScotBott
    166 posts Member
    Agreed it is beyond rediculous now +1
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    How about we cut mod prices in half, remove the money portion of levels and keep the starring cost
    CM update: In light of player complaints, we have decided to take immediate action on Batman44gaming's keen suggestions for game improvement. In a patch that goes live tomorrow, we will implement 1 to 3 of his suggestions.

• LastJedi wrote: »
    How about we cut mod prices in half, remove the money portion of levels and keep the starring cost
    CM update: In light of player complaints, we have decided to take immediate action on Batman44gaming's keen suggestions for game improvement. In a patch that goes live tomorrow, we will implement 1 to 3 of his suggestions.

Next time on undercover boss...
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Serenthor wrote: »
    The funny thing is i cant even make characters viable because of a sever lack of credits that i can obtain just through playing the game. So why in my right mind would i ever spend money on chromium packs to get more shards for characters i cant use? I thought this game was about collecting my favourite star wars characters. Turns out with the latest changes i can use a handfull of the same toons everybode does, since there is no way to get other up to speed, especially with mods.

The credit crunch was horrible before mods, at this point its just ridicolous. Takes all the fun out of gathering shards and characters. As if gearing wasnt bad enough in terms of time/money investment as progression. Somethin seriously has to change, else they will just have watch how the playerbase and their income is dwindeling away, but they dont seem to realize it yet. Doesnt help that clearing galactic war as the main source of income is frustrating and a chore instead of feeling fun on top of that

@CG_JohnSalera
    @EA_Jesse
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    I*m with you batsie.
    Training droids only for leveling.
    Credits for mods gear and promoting only.
  • Thing is guys, buying credits with money isn't even an option. Only a truely insane man would attempt that. Not even bill gates would waste his money on credit packs. 85 crystals for ONLY 68k Credits?!?? 595 crystals for 548k credits wow. And there's a chance at a 2x modifier, which I know from buying credit packs with arena crystals, is incredibly low.. So let's look at it this way. If I spend 10 dollars on crystals, and then buy nothing but credits. I will most likely get less than 1.5 million credits for my 10 dollars. THAT IS AWFUL VALUE. That is the equivalent of waiting 3 days and doing galactic war each time.. There are so many other things you can do with that money..

In fact, youre better off losing your phone for 3 days, having a homeless man find it, play galactic war for you one day, then finding him and giving him 10 dollars for your phone back, and then finishing the other two galactic wars. Atleast your money goes to someone who needs it.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member

I haaaaave a STRUCTURED SETTLEment, but I need CASH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.........

Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut wrote: »

I haaaaave a STRUCTURED SETTLEment, but I need CASH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.........

Seriously, I just dropped my phone laughing.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »

Seriously, I just dropped my phone laughing.

#salute

Glad I could make someone's day!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    It's like someone saying: "Hi my names Bob. I've been struggling and living pay check to paycheck and then I seen this ad in the paper about WeFixCredits.com. So I checked it out and they gave me 5 million credits in my bank account the very next day. Are you struggling to keep up? If you are, check out WeFixCredits.com or call their toll free number 283-848-1190."
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    LastJedi wrote: »

Next time on undercover boss...
    That's me. The patch is now live.

As of right now, the cost of starring is the same, as Batman44gaming has suggested. The other two suggestions are being tweaked and will be implemented in a future update. When that next update goes live...

The cost of leveling mods will be reduced to somewhere over 50% of the current cost. And GW rewards will be increased by an amount up to 50%. We are still tweaking the exact amounts.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Well those of us that got the great drop rates on shards, mods and gear are hurting for credits; but they fixed the problem for new people by nerfing all the drop rates so there won't be a credit crunch for them at least.
  • pac0naut wrote: »

Call JG Wentworth 877-CASH-NOW!!!!
  • Hey now, hold your horses! They just upped GW credits! We gotta wait 6 more months for another increase!
  • I have played a lot of games over the years, but I have never seen a game that levels the player and stars a character. I guess we should be happy the player level doesn't cost money too. Oops shouldn't have said that... I also have an energy crisis. Both mods and cantina are stuck with the same energy pool? Really? Also Mod Challenges takes different groups to do, so how could one do that if we can't get credit or energy?
  • Weazael
    35 posts Member
    Serenthor wrote: »
    The funny thing is i cant even make characters viable because of a sever lack of credits that i can obtain just through playing the game. So why in my right mind would i ever spend money on chromium packs to get more shards for characters i cant use? I thought this game was about collecting my favourite star wars characters. Turns out with the latest changes i can use a handfull of the same toons everybode does, since there is no way to get other up to speed, especially with mods.

All this
  • In fact, youre better off losing your phone for 3 days, having a homeless man find it, play galactic war for you one day, then finding him and giving him 10 dollars for your phone back, and then finishing the other two galactic wars. Atleast your money goes to someone who needs it.

That sounds like a great idea. Bringing joy to someone else, while finding back one's joy again without swgoh!

• Introduce a lotto.
    No max buy-ins.
    500 crystals each.
    Base amount is 20mil and players can watch it grow by 3.88 credits/buy-in until someone wins.

Then take away about 60% and call it taxes.
  • AKS
    81 posts Member
    I could literally spend 200 million credits right now just to address my current needs. Which at current rates would take 8 months or so to get, this does not include any new characters, new content (ships maybe) or anything else they come up with. Which is funny because at current rate of loss of revenue for them I doubt this game will be around by then.

I especially like what they pulled on mods after myself and countless others spent tens of thousands of crystals and tens of millions of credits on only to get hosed on the deal.

There is a reason that I have gone FTP after dropping about 3k on this game.
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I don't know. Two months to max level five whole new toons from scratch ( and star ) doesn't seem that outrageous to me lol.

• Yeh the lack of credits is making me play less and less each day. What is the point of farming for shards if you cant level the characters anyway?
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I don't know. Two months to max level five whole new toons from scratch ( and star ) doesn't seem that outrageous to me lol.
    Lol bro I could be dead in two months. And I'd never get to know how good my counter team could've been. It also severely punishes people for making a mistake on which toon to level up. It makes shard farming seem almost meaningless because, it's gonna take so long to get credits anyways.

Its definitely costing the game revenue because people aren't gonna buy gear for toons they can't even level up. Like cmon devs, give me more credits, and come take my money!!! That's seriously what we're telling them. But they're not listening, so now papa will take my money instead, better ingredients, better pizza(higher price) Papa Johns.
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    I agree. Lack of credits, compounded by the misery of Galactic War, means not only have I stopped spending, but am right on the edge of leaving. :(