Star Wars - FPS

soneill73
202 posts Member
edited July 2016
With the latest release of the DOOM reboot I was really hoping that someone would get the idea to make a reboot of Dark Forces or better yet a completely new FPS that is Star Wars. Personally I would prefer that classic feel with the original Stormtroopers, ship interiors, etc. It's just a shame that no one sees the value. I would much rather pay $60 on a game that has replay-ability offline as well as a chance to build up some nostalgia so I can play it again 10 years from now.

The last true FPS was Dark Forces, and it was kind of a flop at the time. I still play it and I even have an upgraded engine from that gives the GL enhancements. Playing Battlefront is similar, if that's your argument, but the whole online gameplay is just unfulfilling and frustrating to the point of madness with all the cheaters and bots. I want the option to play through a campaign all by my lonesome and unfold a riveting story or go into MP for some deathmatch. I truly think that in all the Star Wars games we have had over the years we are lacking and deserve to see a true FPS that is part of the franchise. Like I said in the beginning, Dark Forces is really the closest we've had. Bounty Hunter was close but not really. Battlefront is really not, even if it touches on the theme. Dark Forces II is I suppose, but it didn't have the straight-forward feel that the original Dark Forces had. Less thinking, more shooting.

It would just be really nice to have a well thought out, well designed, graphically superior Star Wars FPS. Is that really so much to ask?

Replies