SWGOH - A weekly inventory

Powda
525 posts Member
Heads up, this is a long one. I took the time to inventory what a typical day-to-day, week-to-week looks like as far as SWGOH and what it offers a player who is at the end-game with a good guild, from my experience.

In a typical week, this is what my investment of time / money (only about $80-100 CDN spent total) gets me: (covering the different areas of the game from left to right on the main screen, just to help keep things easy to account for)

GUILDS: 5-10 seconds a day, 10 minutes every two days for T7 raids
> Guild Shop - three times a day, I check for a few seconds to see if there are any characters there I am interested in getting shards for.
> Raids - Currently, there is only one raid available and it's so heavily on farm, I might spend 10 minutes on it and I'm thankful... I'm SO glad I'm not trying to "Teebo" the raid and praying fervently that RNG goes my way

MOD BATTLES / CHALLENGES: 5-10 seconds a day
> Spend the majority of my Cantina Energy on Multi-Sim challenges for a shamefully low drop rate on anything remotely resembling a good mod worth the cost.

CHALLENGES: 25 seconds a day
> Pro: Sims mean you don't have to waste time with auto-attacking. Con: Still has a 10 min cooldown per attempt. This could easily be 5 seconds per day without the imposed cooldown.

CANTINA BATTLES: 5 seconds a day
> I do the required 3 battles a day for shards to get the daily Omega. That's it because the best value in the game is in mods.

SHIPMENTS: 20 seconds a day
> Check it four times a day to see if there's anything worth (debatable) the crystals. Make sure to buy at least 3 things every 24 hours for the Omega.

LIGHT / DARK SIDE BATTLES: 5 seconds a day
> ROFL, really? Absolutely no point in this except to get your Omega daily and to grind, grind, grind those purples with the pathetic drop rates and I guess (?!) get a few extra guild coins for fun if you wanna stay true to the daily guild theme.

DATA CARDS: 5 seconds a day
> Click, click, click until all your Ally Points are spent.

SQUAD ARENA: 6-15 minutes a day
> Three (minimum for Omega) to five battles, 2-3 minutes each. 1st place finish 6/7 days of the week, usually don't need all my attempts.

EVENTS: 10 minutes once every week or two
> The only thing of any real value that pops up here with any regularity is Credit Heist and I made a point of farming and gearing the scoundrels for it.

GALACTIC WAR: 30 minutes a day
> The biggest time sink and the worst player experience, every single day. I complete GW every single day without fail, but that doesn't make it enjoyable in the least. It's just another thing to grind for credits and some other stuff that doesn't make it worth it.

GRAND TOTAL, assuming the longest possible amount of time required...
> Guilds: (70 minutes, 140 seconds every two weeks) 5 minutes and 10 seconds aday, average
> Mod Challenges: 10 seconds a day
> Challenges: 25 seconds a day
> Cantina Battles: 5 seconds a day
> Shipments: 20 seconds a day
> Light / Dark Side Battles: 5 seconds a day
> Data Cards: 5 seconds a day
> Squad Arena: 15 minutes a day
> Events: (best case scenario, 10 mins per week) ~1minute, 5 seconds a day
> Galactic War: 30 minutes a day

That works out to an average of 52 minutes, 25 seconds a day worth of play time... We'll call it an hour. That's the average. Most days you're only playing for about 45 minutes or so. Of that 45 - 60 minutes, more than half are in GW which is widely recognised as the worst 'playable' (read: not multi-simming for gear) part of the game and not even close to enjoyable.

With all the shortcomings of the game, how is this game still afloat if all you get is 30 mins of "enjoyable" play time per day? Enjoying the Star Wars franchise just isn't worth the time invested and the frustration in the product anymore.

Taking the time to actually break down how little the game offers in terms of entertainment just sealed the deal for me. I'm definitely done.

Your mileage may vary, but I hope this post - and thread? - serves to help provide others with some perspective for those to make their own decision with regards to how much the game delivers for their time and money invested.

Replies

• Bye Felicia?

GW and Arena are the only parts of the game that folks don't sim through. If you hate those that much (as GW is really just Arena without a ranking), definitely need to quit. I still enjoy those both. And even though I have completely closed the wallet, I'll keep playing.
  • yes, but how many seconds did it take you to type this thread?
  • licky
    112 posts Member
    yes, but how many seconds did it take you to type this thread?
    LOL
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    pretty much the same for me, arena takes up a bit more time. + staring at my roster to see what i will improve next.
    the only difference is that i think GW is the best part of the game. I dont care what others may think, i just like it way more than all other modes.
    And i actually enjoy playing this game, with all its flaws.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • licky
    112 posts Member
    I don't think this game is meant to be played nonstop for hours. I play it to kill some time and I find it quite enjoyable. What's the big deal?
  • Powda
    525 posts Member

ROFL, that's just the thing! I spent so much time on the forums hoping for an answer, reading all the unhappy posts... I spent far more time looking / hoping for something to get better on the forums than I did trying to enjoy the game. :smile:
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    licky wrote: »
    I don't think this game is meant to be played nonstop for hours. I play it to kill some time and I find it quite enjoyable. What's the big deal?

I think that's just the thing... How could you even play the game for hours, even if you wanted to?

But aside from that, I'm not trying to convince anybody to delete the game I just thought I'd share my experience with it and hopefully offer some perspective to those who it makes sense to.
  • licky wrote: »

He's a pessimist. Took longer to write that everyone will spend reading it...cumulatively. Just wants attention. Now that he's made his mark he can go back to spamming folks at work with other useless ramblings about roads, weather, the wife, the boss, etc., etc... Just sitting there waiting on someone to reply in hopes it will be like this one so when he's called out he can fire another volley across their bow. Useless banter that does no good except in his own head....wait....that's what I'm doing! ;-)
    Taters will be as Taters are.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Powda wrote: »

ROFL, that's just the thing! I spent so much time on the forums hoping for an answer, reading all the unhappy posts... I spent far more time looking / hoping for something to get better on the forums than I did trying to enjoy the game. :smile:

the forum decreases player enjoyment. Reading time after time that the game blows will eventually make you believe the game blows. That and unrealistic expectations of a freemium game that the mayority seems to share.
    Save water, drink champagne!