A better ally system idea

I love that you can have allies and borrow characters from others, and you even get double bonuses for using them. But it could be so much more.

Here's the main problem. I'll connect with an ally and they will have a certain character that I don't have but this character will help me, such as Daka for Dark Side missions. But the next day the new ally has changed their leader to Sid. So now, instead of having 10-20 different characters to choose from, I have 25 of Sid, 8 of Phasma, and 2 of Lumi.

There are 2 different ways that I thought of that could fix this "Sid overload" ally problem.

1. Allow players to choose from an ally's active team. This would be the simple way and give you 4 more characters for each ally.

2. Allow allies to send messages and gifts to each other. This would add a completely new dynamic to the game. For example, lets say I went and spent hundreds of dollars to get the new Dagobah Yoda (his attacks include hitting you with a stick and force throwing rocks at you). One of my allies doesn't spend much money on the game, but would like to try out Dagobah Yoda to see if he would like to invest resources to getting him. He could message me saying he would like to use him, and ask if I would set him as my leader for a 2 hour window. In return, he would send me a gift of 100 crystals. I would get more out of my large investment, and my ally would benefit by being able to make more informed decisions, or pass a hard level.

Just some thoughts. Any other ideas?

Replies

• VikingWarrior
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I like both ideas! I find I have the same issue as you - a million Chewie's and Sid's in my ally list.
    the new Dagobah Yoda (his attacks include hitting you with a stick and force throwing rocks at you).

LOL
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Love the ideas. But there is even a better/simpler way that also opens up further opportunity for the devs to expand the game............

1) each player selects their leader fir ally use (not based on what team you used last)
    We would actually click characters and select 3 dif leaders and then activate one. Obviously we can swap em at anytime but thos gives us 3 quick options (like hot keys)
    2) make guilds already!!!!!!!!!
    Just allow us to form guilds and we can easily use social venues (cough....line app...cough) and start working closely with each other to build our teams/alliances.
    3) we definatly need a gifting option where we could gift from a list of options so if certain allys need gear/extra challenge attempts (you name it) we could gift back an fourth (maybe once per ally per day or somethin)
  • Or alternatively maybe 95% of all arena leaders don't have to be Sidious. Maybe 95% of all players shouldn't use him. Maybe he shouldn't have been buffed when he was one of the most commonly used heroes available. Maybe people on forums shouldn't be recommending Sidious and Luminara as the core of EVERY SINGLE TEAM!!! Maybe other heroes should be buffed so that they can rival Sidious in leader ability.

If everyone chooses to use Sidious then everyone's allies will be Sidious.

Protip: delete them and add new ones.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I deleted all my allies that kept popping up with chewy, barris, and Sid. I only accept allies with interesting leaders.
  • I wish they fixed the ally points not being awarded to the lender like the tooltip says it does.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762