Collecting gear

Apologies in advance if this topic has already been addressed. I have a question regarding acquiring gear, especially level 5 and beyond. I am noticing that a lot of the gear needs to be assembled from other gear. I will try to find a piece of gear and the game will say I must assemble this gear from other gear. Sometimes 2 sets of 5 pieces of gear are required. My question is if I advance further in the campaign will find levels where the gear I am seeking can be farmed directly without needing to assemble my desired gear from units of a different piece of gear?

Hope this makes sense. If not ask and I can clarify with an example.

Replies

• Rarely at the higher levels can you fill a slot with a single piece, it also gets ludicrous at times, check out how many of these you need....

2d7wj9w.jpg
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Thanks for the heads up on what's to come...looks like a grind
  • No - there are no missions that would give you the completed gear, unfortunately. Have to grind it out and craft it.
  • Rarely at the higher levels can you fill a slot with a single piece, it also gets ludicrous at times, check out how many of these you need....

2d7wj9w.jpg

Once you get to level 62, you unlock Tier III STR challenge, winning this drops up to five Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array gear each time, max 25 each day that you can access STR challenge, in reality you collect 3-4 for each victory.

2d7wj9w.jpg

Once you get to level 62, you unlock Tier III STR challenge, winning this drops up to five Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array gear each time, max 25 each day that you can access STR challenge, in reality you collect 3-4 for each victory.

Yes, I know. I held off doing my Sunday challenges until late so I could hit 62 and maximize the rewards on the really hard to get stuff.

When I posted this originally, nobody had gotten there yet.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Are there classes of armour type that uses different materials? So for example tanks will favor strength gear healer int and dps agility. Do you use different mats for each different type. So if you are trying to make a team up of all int classes you will struggle as they all need the same gear? Thanks
  • It can be a grind. I focus on 1 toon 1 slot at a time rather than spread out.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    @Bomroll
    Yes, same stat toons (and even different ones) competes with each other for the same piece of gear.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    @Darth_D0ng
    Upper lvl mission rewards wont get you full pieces of gears, still mats only. That said, sometimes you can draw full gear pieces from ally credits.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Sysy wrote: »
    @Darth_D0ng
    Upper lvl mission rewards wont get you full pieces of gears, still mats only. That said, sometimes you can draw full gear pieces from ally credits.

That's good to know thanks.
  • Should I be buying up gear mats that I am currently not using in hopes that when I get a new toon I won't have to farm for weeks to gear them properly? ie. mk4 fusion furnace? They offer them daily in the shipments but I currently have no use for them? Thanks
  • I Always buy all gear shipments. The game is throwing you what you need at least occasionally, just like it tries to tempt you with expensive shards you need, but the gear parts are at a low credit cost compared to farming.