Upgraded mod means bad news for my arena squad

SmokeyJoe320
931 posts Member
edited July 2016
So I upgraded 88 and 86 today from 1 and 2 dot mods to 5 dot mods. They have a good deal more health now which you would think is a good thing right? The problem is in arena, every one runs Rey. When Super Rey hits for like 20k on the first move, she used to take my 88 or 86 down into the yellow and RG would taunt, protecting my two big guns for a couple of turns. However since the upgrade, Super Rey is hitting them for 20K and it is taking them down to just above half health so RG doesn't taunt. Which leaves them as a sitting duck for the next attack, usually QGJ.

3 arena matches in a row this happened. Lost one of my main droids before even going. Seems as though this mod upgrade is working against me. Mrrrrr.

Replies

• Oh shut up already Rey is awesome and great for raids, not to mention easy to take out in pvp. God people like you just ruin great toons
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    That sucks. Droids are kind of slow. Find some mods that speed them up. I don't run them but I understand JE can help speed them up as well.

I feel your pain, really. I made my Teebo faster and now the little **** rarely ever stays stealthed for longer than one turn. He can reduce TM a lot more but it doesn't do any good if he's not stealthed to do it. I've been thinking about taking the mods with speed in them off to see if that will change anything.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, definitely play around with the amounts of mods. Whatever you are facing in arena, you can adjust your relative amounts of health/protection for.

One very amazing thing you can do with a droid team is to adjust droid speed. By adjusting speed, you can adjust attack order, to optimize against certain teams. You can get HK to go before 88, to buff his AOE. You can get 86 to go last to give a chance to recharge HK or 88. Or you can get all your droids to fill TM at the same time, if you are fighting a Rex team or a Ben team with a fast ST Han.
  • I don't even run Rey in my arena team but for all FTP people she is an equalizer between FTP and PTP and actually gives them some sort of chance in pvp battles
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Actually, once you get your droids sorted, there are very few Reys you can't easily snipe.

The only one that gives me trouble on my server is a Rex lead with Rey and dual tanks. This Rey, you just can't kill with droids, before RG and/or SunFac taunts. The crits give her TM, and she gets foresight up, and she can't be ohko without triggering RG.

It is Rey users, in general, who are going to be complaining about OP droids, IMO.
  • So I upgraded 88 and 86 today from 1 and 2 dot mods to 5 dot mods. They have a good deal more health now which you would think is a good thing right? The problem is in arena, every one runs Rey. When Super Rey hits for like 20k on the first move, she used to take my 88 or 86 down into the yellow and RG would taunt, protecting my two big guns for a couple of turns. However since the upgrade, Super Rey is hitting them for 20K and it is taking them down to just above half health so RG doesn't taunt. Which leaves them as a sitting duck for the next attack, usually QGJ.

3 arena matches in a row this happened. Lost one of my main droids before even going. Seems as though this mod upgrade is working against me. Mrrrrr.

How awful for you that Super Rey prevented poor underpowered IG-88 from instagibbing all of the opponent's protection then immediately following up with a 15k crit on someone else more than once in a match!

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Wow, alot of salty responses.
    I find it a noteworthy OP. Health protection buffs that actually make your characters die faster, its pretty funny and also kinda anoying.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    So I upgraded 88 and 86 today from 1 and 2 dot mods to 5 dot mods. They have a good deal more health now which you would think is a good thing right? The problem is in arena, every one runs Rey. When Super Rey hits for like 20k on the first move, she used to take my 88 or 86 down into the yellow and RG would taunt, protecting my two big guns for a couple of turns. However since the upgrade, Super Rey is hitting them for 20K and it is taking them down to just above half health so RG doesn't taunt. Which leaves them as a sitting duck for the next attack, usually QGJ.

How awful for you that Super Rey prevented poor underpowered IG-88 from instagibbing all of the opponent's protection then immediately following up with a 15k crit on someone else more than once in a match!

Want some fries with that salt?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Oh shut up already Rey is awesome and great for raids, not to mention easy to take out in pvp. God people like you just ruin great toons

W T Fook is wrong with you people? I didn't say anything about nerfing Rey or make a complaint about her. I know how to take her out. I was just making a thread about how a substantial upgrade to my toons actually had an odd negative effect on my arena battles. Get the sand out of you **** and learn how to read.

I don't have JE so in that first round Rey generally goes before me always (even with my +17 speed mods on about 86 and 88).
  • leef wrote: »
    I find it a noteworthy OP. Health protection buffs that actually make your characters die faster, its pretty funny and also kinda anoying.

Yeah geez.... I just thought it was ironic so I posted about it and the geniuses on this board get their panties in a bunch without understanding what I was saying. Once the droids get rolling, they can compete with anyone. I know that. I wasn't complaining about Rey. I fought that last team that took me out again and for once, Rey went after HK, which did make RG taunt, then I steamrolled that team.

It was just annoying to literally have her snipe me down to like 51% health, denying the RG taunt and leaving them sitting ducks. Obviously an adjustment is needed to my mods.

• I would say build a better team or adjust your mods back down if they were working for you. Your entire team was on the RG doing something at a very particular time I would adjust that first.
  • Jerry_Seinfeld25
    92 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    leef wrote: »

Yeah geez.... I just thought it was ironic so I posted about it and the geniuses on this board get their panties in a bunch without understanding what I was saying. Once the droids get rolling, they can compete with anyone. I know that. I wasn't complaining about Rey. I fought that last team that took me out again and for once, Rey went after HK, which did make RG taunt, then I steamrolled that team.

It was just annoying to literally have her snipe me down to like 51% health, denying the RG taunt and leaving them sitting ducks. Obviously an adjustment is needed to my mods.

So what's the point of your post? Adjust your mods
  • Tanklordz wrote: »
    I would say build a better team or adjust your mods back down if they were working for you. Your entire team was on the RG doing something at a very particular time I would adjust that first.

Yeah, with my squad every battle comes down to literally one or two moves in the first round. Rey usually goes first, gets foresight. So I hit her with 88's AoE, which removes the foresight, 88 goes again immediately because of a crit, hit her again. Then 86 finishes her with the double attack. If one of those moves is dodged, I'm usually in a bad spot. If they aren't it's almost a guaranteed win. Good old arena.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

So what's the point of your post? Adjust your mods

you figured out on your own that he should adjust his mods, or because he said it himself?
    talk about pointless posts ;) he mentioned rey and you went bezerk haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
    I would say build a better team or adjust your mods back down if they were working for you. Your entire team was on the RG doing something at a very particular time I would adjust that first.

Yeah, with my squad every battle comes down to literally one or two moves in the first round. Rey usually goes first, gets foresight. So I hit her with 88's AoE, which removes the foresight, 88 goes again immediately because of a crit, hit her again. Then 86 finishes her with the double attack. If one of those moves is dodged, I'm usually in a bad spot. If they aren't it's almost a guaranteed win. Good old arena.

I found RG less effective post mods but still use it in my arena team....your situation on droids is the same situation I take advantage of when I take first in arena. I know about how many dots of health I can hit for and kill something without the taunt. I also know if I mess up Anikens AOE will finish them off..I also know others use this to there advantage when they attack me... Nothing needs changed. I am already working on my next arena team and change it out about every two months.

Tanklordz wrote: »

I found RG less effective post mods but still use it in my arena team....your situation on droids is the same situation I take advantage of when I take first in arena. I know about how many dots of health I can hit for and kill something without the taunt. I also know if I mess up Anikens AOE will finish them off..I also know others use this to there advantage when they attack me... Nothing needs changed. I am already working on my next arena team and change it out about every two months.

Yeah, I took RG out of my squad for about a week after the mods hit... it was fun not being reliant on RG. But once everyone got modded up, I was back in the same boat. He's necessary for defense. My team was dropping from like 20 to 60-70 overnight. With him in the line up, it usually only drops about 15-20 spots. It's like people see a team without an RG on it and their eyes light up lol