Jedi Luke confirmed!(maybe)(or R2)

Batman44gaming
1826 posts Member
edited July 2016
http://radiofreetatooine.com/2016/07/29/galactic-war-report-episode-16-talkin-tanks-with-ea_jesse/

Near the end Jesse said"You might want to focus on your rebel characters for...something"

Jedi Luke confirmed?

Care to add anything to this @EA_Jesse?

Edit:added R2 to the title
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
Post edited by Batman44gaming on

Replies

• Return of empire assault battles? It's about time.
  • Return of empire assault battles? It's about time.

I am 99% sure he would have just said that if it was happening soon :P
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Sorry, but I think your hopes are up way too high on this one. I'd put money on Empire Assault before they'd release Jedi Luke.

Seriously wish they'd make some of these other characters playable before adding no names like Geo Spy and Jawa Scavenger.

Give use Emperor Palpatine, Jedi Luke, Starkiller Rey.
  • Two rebels toons just got a buff, I am banking on empire assault.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    queue 'Imperial March' (just guessing)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Going to be a Empire event is my guess. Jedi luke is going to be a raid or some special event like Yoda when he does get released.
  • Now that I think about it, it could possibly be R2. It just doesn't seem logical to me that they would tease an already existing event returning, while they just flat out tell us when Yoda is coming. It just doesn't make sense to me
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • They're not just gonna drop 3 massive characters like that into the game just because people keep demanding that they be given content every couple of weeks. I mean if they just went along putting only the big characters into the game then in a month or two everyone would be complaining that there are only "nameless" characters left to put in. I do personally believe that the devs are being a bit TOO slow releasing named characters vs the amount of random made up "filler" I'm no expert on the Star Wars universe but I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of names they could put in. Now also I realise that they have to space them out in order to prolong the life of this game (so that they have relevant content so long as there are still names to add to the game) but j think they are being a bit too optimistic with the actual lifespan this game still has, especially considering the state the game is in at the minute with the way a large portion of the player base is in uproar with the handling of the "mods" debacle and the way that they still seemingly keep changing/implementing things to try and encourage/force you to spend money in order to still participate competitively, and as a result causing more anger and pushing more customers away.

If things don't change and the game continues to progress the way it is at the moment, then I don't see this game lasting more than another 1-2 years maximum, it will probably start declining in players within 4 months at its current rate with the slight "boom" in activity with any fairly large updates/content releases relating to the upcoming movies, but beyond that the majority of f2p players are going to be driven off by an ever increasing pay to win culture being implemented into the game through the need to obtain low drop chance gear/mods whilst having to simultaneously having to choose between upgrading a large range of toons through cantina shards or ever so slowly farming mods for certain specific stats, all the while not having enough credits to do either at any reasonable pace, basically all the things that can be bought (refreshes and credit packs) and further broaden the gap between f2p and p2p at a much faster rate than we have previously seen in this game.

The game is slowly dying and will continue to if a new course of action is not taken, even a slight deviation from the pay to win culture would give a lot more confidence back to the players and more incentive for the f2p players to keep playing and maybe even encourage them to spend even a minute amount of money (every little helps ya know, developers and publishers).
  • Being that the new raid is vs. Droid, it would be in line for R2 as the hero in tier 7 considering he's a Droid and Luke didn't fight against droids in the Clone Wars. Of course R2 isn't a battle Droid l...but then Han didn't fight the Rancor either. My opinion, they should have made Jedi Luke the Rancor raid reward since he was the one in The Pit.

I would love to see Jedi Luke before year's end though.
    I am the Reaper
  • Being that the new raid is vs. Droid, it would be in line for R2 as the hero in tier 7 considering he's a Droid and Luke didn't fight against droids in the Clone Wars. Of course R2 isn't a battle Droid l...but then Han didn't fight the Rancor either. My opinion, they should have made Jedi Luke the Rancor raid reward since he was the one in The Pit.

I would love to see Jedi Luke before year's end though.

It would make more sense with the wampa
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Han makes perfect sense for Rancor raid, Luke had to fight the Rancor to free Han. I would like to see Clone Wars Obi Wan as raid reward for Droid Army Raid!
  • If you don't know if it is Luke or R2D2, then this was clearly not confirmed.
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    I m thinking of General Kenobi as shards rewards since he was who defeated Griveous!
  • Yes, bring back the Empire Assault! I need 8 more Vader shards for 6* and I finally have Rebels.