Another character rework thread.. two Jedis this time!

EscapeArtist51
1675 posts Member
edited July 2016
Well, I come to you again, wise sages of the forum. I wish to see more character diversity, and so I have dedicated a half hour of my life that I will never get back to this thread. It's another one of those "buff these toons" threads, this one featuring Mace Windu, and the lowly Jedi Knight Guardian. Two characters I don't even own. Devs seriously, if you actually read these, feel free to send me a pm saying nice job Escape, you're so cool escape! Or well, I'll settle for a thumbs up emoji in the comments! Or any comment :(.
Alright, let's get started with Jedi knight guardian currently the most useless Jedi.

Jedi Knight Guardian - She has very high health, and middling speed, it's currently 86, I'd like to see it hit 100.

Basic Ability: Deal physical damage to target enemy, with a 50 percent chance to inflict offense down and a 60 percent chance to inflict ability block. Deals 10 percent more damage

Special ability 1: Deal physical damage to all enemies with a 40 percent chance to stun. Two turn cool down. Does about 3,000 damage compared to the 2,100 right now(according to swgoh.gg, great site).

Special ability 2: Taunt for two turns, and gain tenacity up for two turns.

Unique ability: Gain 5 percent hp and speed for each other living Jedi ally and defense up and speed up while affected by any negative effects.

Mace Windu - my favorite toon character in the show, however I don't own him because he's poo.

Basic Ability: Deal physical damage to target enemy. If mace is above 50
percent health, increase the damage of this move by 50 percent. If Mace is below 50 percent health mace gains 70 percent of the damage done as health. This attack now deals 10 percent more damage.

Special ability: Mace windu dispels all positive buffs on the target, and inflicts evasion down, and exposes the target.

Special Ability 2: Inflict unavoidable damage to the target with an additional 50 percent chance of a critical hit. 3 turn cool down.

Leader ability: Jedi allies gain 15 percent health, and 10 percent critical chance, and half that for all other allies. Jedi's recover 5 percent health each time they inflict a critical hit.

Unique Ability: Shatterpoint! A cool guild I hear; Mace windu has a 70 percent chance to gain speed up, and 40 percent chance to gain offense up at the start of each of his turns. If any sith enemies are present Mace windu has a 80 percent chance to expose one of them. He does not however expose random enemies anymore..

But yeah that's it guys, two toons reworked. They're currently both a laughing stock and the bud of a good portion of my jokes. However with this rework, Mace windu will be feared in the arena and Jedi knight guardian can play a support role on Jedi teams. Let me know what you guys think. @EA_Jesse, this is totally easy and fun, I'm sure you guys can do this for all the bad toons... right?

TL;DR - Mace windu and Jedi knight guardian become a lot better and very useful but still can be put in check by Count Doodoo and friends.

@CG_JohnSalera @CG_NotReallyAJedi
@CG_Kozispoon @CG_Conduit23

Another character rework thread.. two Jedis this time! 30 votes

Yes, I like this, Escape you're a genius!
36%
Ziggy23Dooku_for_daysLeandrovvIAmExceptionLithalanAycee1TrevoutSkyCakeGokanFodder1978bountyseeker1 11 votes
No I dont like this, you're not a genius.
40%
O8c8h80NonValidUserGej15giggsyIsaiah_THE_JediBoroSmoothjedikilla84TeagueDeendrechtd49ers1BloodreaperQuinlan_Vos_Country 12 votes
I like Mace Windu's but Jedi Knight guardian's is OP.
16%
SaintEatersLevlAmorganDarkCokeBlowerDarpano 5 votes
I like Jedi Knight Guardian's but Mace Windu's is OP.
6%
PhilosopherCodyAstateofmind 2 votes

Replies

• Ahh, these threads just die. :/.. *sobs*
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    Yes, I like this, Escape you're a genius!
    I feel like a 40% chance to stun on an AoE that goes off every 2 rounds is a bit much. But, she kinds of needs an amazing skill to be useful... With a three turn CD. Meh, guess 40% is that high of a chance, so maybe 2CD is for the best.

Don't really have much of an opinion on Mace Windu. Sounds good, though!
  • SkyCake wrote: »
    I feel like a 40% chance to stun on an AoE that goes off every 2 rounds is a bit much. But, she kinds of needs an amazing skill to be useful... With a three turn CD. Meh, guess 40% is that high of a chance, so maybe 2CD is for the best.

Yeah, she really does need something to make up for her poor damage, kit and her awful appearance :/. I can easily see the stun being abused so 30 percent is probably better or a 3 turn CD. The way potency works is
    - there would be a 40 percent chance to activate the stun,
    Then there would be a potency vs tenacity battle and with that would be the chance of it being resisted or inflicted.
    But yeah 30 percent is probably better, however I feel no one reads these it's too long lol.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    I can't vote because none of the options fit. I think there are good ideas here. I don't want to dismiss it entirely.

Aoe stun on jkg would be quite strong because she has high potency. That and a taunt might be too much. What if, instead of the taunt ability, all damage dealt to jedi was split evenly between the jedi and jkg. Might be a different way to "taunt".

I think mace looks far too strong. With Anakin lead it looks like he'll hit like a freight train the size of two reys. Obviously without the ability to play test I can't know for sure, though.

I hope your post stays up a while. I've made long posts before that literally no one responded to. Not fun.
  • Snake2 wrote: »
    I can't vote because none of the options fit. I think there are good ideas here. I don't want to dismiss it entirely.

Aoe stun on jkg would be quite strong because she has high potency. That and a taunt might be too much. What if, instead of the taunt ability, all damage dealt to jedi was split evenly between the jedi and jkg. Might be a different way to "taunt".

I think mace looks far too strong. With Anakin lead it looks like he'll hit like a freight train the size of two reys. Obviously without the ability to play test I can't know for sure, though.

I hope your post stays up a while. I've made long posts before that literally no one responded to. Not fun.
    Yeah that is true.. However he still suffers from the dooku problem, and the pain of being a Jedi on this game. Lol. Dooku ability blocks mace from using his two new powerful attacks, and stuns him. You did point out to me how strong mace would be with anakin however, yikes. I was just hoping mace would be a contender to finally take qui gon off of so many teams, but your post and common sense just told me he would probably join qui gon on most teams if he got better. I think the 3rd ability with the crit chance is a bit much, maybe he should get a support move instead.
  • No I dont like this, you're not a genius.
    Mace buff yes, Guardian buff no. Mace is a powerful Jedi, but is currently bottom of the barrel. Guardian falls in the same lame bucket as Underworld Police and Jedi Counselor, all of which can be removed from the game as far as I care.
    I am the Reaper
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Maybe unavoidable special attack that stuns Sith?
  • Quinlan_Vos_Country
    67 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I stopped reading as soon as I saw a proposed buff for JKG. Would have agreed with you if it was Kit Fisto or Plo Koon.

Edit: Added Plo Koon.
  • Yes, I like this, Escape you're a genius!
    Mace needs all the help he can get. Trust me, I run the guy g10 fully maxed out on gear and omegas. And I wonder why I fall in arena
  • O8c8h80
    119 posts Member
    I love my Mace as is and don't understand the hate he gets. Sure there are better toons out there but I like having shatter point and smite is super useful with a reasonable cool down.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    No there are more important toons that have needed rework for the longest two of the biggest are maul and Bobba
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Mace had a rework already. Don't expect anything soon for him. Plenty of other Jedi to hit up first. I like the idea of two members having Synergy together, but picking a no-name and one who has already been updated won't get the attention from enough players.
  • :/ I only choose Jedi knight guardian because she's just so... useless lol. She does nothing well, and really is a pointless character. She was the first person to come to mind. Jedi knight guardian is about as useful as a red light on grand theft auto. I honestly haven't even seen Plo koon and Kit fisto in so long they slipped out of my mind completely. I was looking for a Jedi that could do well with a taunt.
    O8c8h80 wrote: »
    I love my Mace as is and don't understand the hate he gets. Sure there are better toons out there but I like having shatter point and smite is super useful with a reasonable cool down.
    Mace is really really bad bro. There is no reason whatsoever to use him over Qui gon.
  • O8c8h80
    119 posts Member
    Yes QGJ is one of the better toons out there. Still I like Mace and I like having multiple characters being able to remove positive side effects. I have a 7 star Mace who I started collecting since like day one because I'm a fan of the character. Mace as is still has plenty of usefulness for me.
  • The buffs seem a little extreme.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Honestly - all JKG needs is a Royal Guard style auto-taunt. She would be a rather strong character then.

But, that being said, the gap between the fastest and slowest characters in the game is far too big. The fastest can stay at 160+, but the slowest should be somewhere in the 110 range. There's no reason for Rey to be taking twice as many turns as JKG.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Can I ask what the point is of JKG's unique? If she's gaining tenacity up on her taunt, she's probably not going to suffer any negative status effects. And if she's not taunting, speed up & defense up for her is basically useless.
  • I like Mace Windu's but Jedi Knight guardian's is OP.
    Jedi Knight guardian is supposed to not be great. She is more of a PvE enemy than a real toon.
  • Quinlan_Vos_Country
    67 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    :/ I only choose Jedi knight guardian because she's just so... useless lol. She does nothing well, and really is a pointless character. She was the first person to come to mind. Jedi knight guardian is about as useful as a red light on grand theft auto. I honestly haven't even seen Plo koon and Kit fisto in so long they slipped out of my mind completely. I was looking for a Jedi that could do well with a taunt.

Unfortunately, going off recent history of making some generic characters better than our heroes, it would not surprise me if they make JKG one of the most important toons in the game before ever looking at Plo Koon or Kit Fisto :neutral:
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I like Mace Windu's but Jedi Knight guardian's is OP.
    SkyCake wrote: »

Agreed on the aoe. 40% stun every 2 turns and 3k damage on top seems op. But at the same time all the new pay toons they've been reworking are way more op than that, so idk.

Mace I like. You have some good ideas for him. I think you missed on his leader ability though. He has a good lead ability, he just needs the numbers upped and half applied to other allies.

As for his basic, I think he needs much much more than a 10% damage increase. The whole point is for him to be a high pressure tank that hits really hard with high HP and heals when low, making enemy want him dead quick.

The problem of his basic is that they set his damage as if the 50% boost is always there. So now when he goes below 50% HP he hits so soft that he barely heals. Anakin currently hits harder than Mace does when he has full HP. How does that make sense?

His base damage needs to be set to where it is now when he has the 50% bonus damage and that would fix his basic
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Bruh escape artist you alright man. I finally decided to finish maxing my mace out when I stumbled onto this. I hope his brown Sharpie bald head self does get a beastly rework and he becomes really good.

Mostly so I won't feel dumb after I finish maxing him and never use him.