Mods

I hate these mods. I have wasted so many credits to upgrade them and a full set does no good at all to add to a characters ability to win anything. Also don't understand how they work. It says you Ned to fill up the mod slots with two or more (one wasn't costly enough) but when I try to add a second one, it asks if I want to remove the other one, can't just add it. This game gets more frustrating every day.

Replies

• vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Anyway once they will make mods 7* available all our mods 5* will become obsolete
  • Whatever_Man
    76 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Mods aren't so bad and are very simple to understand, they add a different element of strategy to consider. Granted some people really amp up a character's strength and make it seem ridiculous (like having Red Guard max out on hit points), but it is up to you to think and figure out how to beat that character with what you have at your disposal.

Think of mods like accessories that give boost to existing traits. Let's take Ewok Scout for example. By himself, he is pretty decent in attack power but lacks protection/defense and would easily die in about 1-3 turns. Now you load him with defense mods. That'll balance out his weakness. On the other hand you could amp up his speed. No need for defense if you're getting in 2 turns before your opponent right? See, it's all about strategy and customization, but all this does not take into account squad synergy. If you have a tank in your squad maybe upping your strength would be better. There is no real right way to this.

So let's say you decided you want to increase Ewok's defense. How would you go about doing that? You put together mods that works together. You will see this when the lines light up together.
    8c2f99bf039607a01e77c01402d5b56b.jpeg

You can see the status effect change on the right side of the screen in green/red text.

You can build up all the same type to really boost that stat or do combinations. Like below.
    a6f88508d290c793fc2f13e0d0836a12.jpeg

You should also be aware that each mod shape comes with different primary stat modifier and secondary modifiers. Think of those as bonus changer. So theoretically, you could boost a character's hit point and speed.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask here on the forums if you have further questions.
  • Mods are alright. I just wish something decent would show up in the Mod shipments. I have yet to see something I'd actually buy.
  • Lol well it sounds like your over thinking it a Lil bit. First off when "they" say you need two of the mods it means you need to have a pair of the same type of mods. And they don't stack on the same slot. Each mod goes in its own slot. Now depending on the type of mod you have, eg. Potency, tenacity, Speed, it differs on how many you need in order to get your set bonus. For example, speed mods require you to have 4 mods of the same type placed in their respective slots, while potency only needs two of them in order to get the set bonus. Another thing to keep in mind is the best way to Guage the value of your mod, is by checking out the primary Stat a of the mod. Speed, potency, critical chance/ damage, and accuracy, seem to be the most prized mods. The best mods come from mod challenges, each tier giving you a chance to get a better mod. For now 5* mods offer the best stats. Each mod is graded according to either how much you upgraded them, or how many secondary stats they have when they drop after the node battle. I believe it starts at D and goes up to A, and is color coded to make it easier to tell what grade they are at. You can get special mods if rng is kind, which unlock already having secondary stats and will be either blue, purple, green, or the much coveted gold mods, depending on how many secondary stats are available when they drop. If the mod has no secondary stats when acquired, then you will unlock them as you upgrade them with your credits. If there are secondary stats already, then as you upgrade the mod it will increase a random Stat every 6,9,and 12th level of the upgrade. I know it's a lot to grasp at first but soon you will be modding your toons like a pro. Mod challenges are unlocked after their respective class battles are completed. Enabling you to try for better grades for each one within the three tiers of the challenges. Equipping the mods you get from mod battles which will only be 1* or 2*, will help you get thru the first tier of the challenges, so go ahead and upgrade me to the max. They are relatively cheap so don't worry about it, and you can always sell em or hand em down to a lesser toon. Hope this helps you some. And I'm just realizing how long this post is. Lol
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    but when I try to add a second one, it asks if I want to remove the other one, can't just add it. This game gets more frustrating every day.

You can't have two mods in the same slot
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Here is a list of Primary mod stats available for each shape

Square mod:
    • Offense
    • Offense %

Arrow mod:
    • Speed
    • Accuracy %
    • Offense
    • Offense %
    • Defense
    • Defense %
    • Health
    • Health %
    • Protection
    • Protection %
    • Critical Avoidance %

Diamond mod:
    • Defense
    • Defense %

Triangle mod:
    • Critical Chance %
    • Critical Damage
    • Offense
    • Offense %
    • Defense
    • Defense %
    • Health
    • Health %
    • Protection
    • Protection %

Circle mod:
    • Health
    • Health %
    • Protection
    • Protection %

Cross mod:
    • Potency
    • Tenacity
    • Offense
    • Offense %
    • Defense
    • Defense %
    • Health
    • Health %
    • Protection
    • Protection %

Hope it can help you getting a better overview
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • dory4getter
    80 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Thanks to everyone that responded with help and info. I think maybe I just don't understand the game. I will probably just keep playing for fun for as far as I can go. I worked hard to fill up every mod space for each character which I guess wasn't necessary. And it sounds like these will have to be replaced by higher ones as I go along. I loaded this game for my great grandson to play (he is four) so as it was to advanced for him to play, I started playing it. He loves it though and I have it loaded on three different devices. I am the one that has to keep it moving forward though. Anyway, again -- thanks for the advice.
  • Thanks, I think maybe I just don't understand the game. I will probably just keep playing for fun for as far as I can go.

Mods have made a simple mobile game with finite strategy (usage of purples, arena comp, who to farm, how to win raid) into a rabbit hole of having zero idea the arena team you face (speed amped or crit amped or health amped. Wow how did at han go so fast??!?) and sink hole of credits and RNG layers of secondary stats and trying to get speed speeds and potency potencies...

Mods have led to 45% of the functioning player base quitting. So welcome to mods.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Another great title, congrats.
  • So true LordAlvert. I just realized three of my mods from one character have been stolen. They were at full level (meaning lots of credits) and they were locked. I had a full set. No more mods for me.
  • @dory4getter Realistically, you can get by without modding your characters. The developers haven't (nor do they have the desire to) modify the regular missions, cantina missions, events, or challenges, to account for mods. In fact, mods only makes it easier to complete.

If you and your great grandson's aim is to be number one in the arena you will need to eventually mod your characters, but if you're not too worried about that then just enjoy it as a fun minor time distraction.

On a related note, if you believe that the game glitched and it caused you to lose your mods, then I would encourage you could post on the technical help forum.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/technical-help

• I have posted in technical before but they send me back here. Today I logged on and it was like I was half way through and only let me do the profit mining and droid challenges one time. I had completed everything on yesterday's so I don't know what happened. I think I will take your advice and just play do fun. The daily achievements does require updating a mod everyday but I will just do th minimum.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    So today is the first day ever I'm probably not going to finish my daily activities. Why? Because I went 0-for-17 on mod Sims today. 0-FOR-17!!! I maxed out all my mods a couple of days ago thinking, hey I can always Sim a crappy mod. Nope. Ugh.